Who introduced you to video games?

Posted by Arcadios

I have to thank my mother and father for getting me into video games when I was away from them.
That was when I was 3 or 4 my mother had an accident and couldn't financually support my sister and I so she and my father decided to sent us to live with my grandparents on my mothers side in Guatemala which is in Central America.
My mother and father bought me toys every now and then but around christmas my father and her bought me NES and Sega Genusis thus began the rivalry of Mario and Sonic....for me at least.

Posted by Xero

My dad. When I was 4 years old, he went to buy the SNES with DK country 1.

Posted by Dexter

My family. We've had the NES since I was a baby. My older sisters used to play it and they would encourage me to play and win the games.

Posted by Linkman

My dad, when I was around 3. He had an NES, and a ****load of games. I used to just play around with it, and try to beat Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 and the first 2 Zeldas.

Posted by

this commercial i watched like a billion yrs ago thanks commercial ur the best!!

Posted by Alastor

My sister, whose original Game Boy I stole and whored at age 4.

Posted by Crazy K

My mother and sister basically got me playing video games. I started playing Super Mario Bros 3 at the age of 3.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Operah.

She gave away Nintendo 64s and copies of Super Mario 64 to her audience when I was in like third grade, and I got one for Christmas.

Thanks Operah!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

My cousins (both over forty now.) They bought a NES with Mario when they lived with my family. Couple weeks after they hooked it up they sat me down in front of it and the rest it history.

Posted by Arczu

Man I friggin' turned on the NES and managed to start Tetris up. I remember how proud I was when I managed to get 20 lines before getting game over. Man that was soo long ago. I watched my brother play, then I tried it for myself and eventually, I was pretty good at it.

Guess my brother is the reason I got into them along with curiosity.

Posted by Xenos

I remember when I was a little kid my brother got me a Nintendo system - though I never really played with it much until I got my first real system. SNES.

Posted by Poco

motherphuking duck hunt cause i hated ducks even when i was 2.

ie: my dad had an nes

Posted by Raptor

WUT IS GENERAL GAMING CHAT

My father bought an Atari 2600 at a garage sale in Oregon when I was 5, and hooked it up for us. My brother got into it before I did, and that was one of the last things I followed by his example. We played River Raid all the time. To think such a superb game was programmed by a woman.

Posted by Speedfreak

My dad used me as an excuse to get a NES.

Posted by Klarth

When I was three or four, my brother had two original Game Boys, a Sega Master System, an Atari Lynx, a Commodore Amiga and a Commodore 64. I'd spend entire days glued to his C64 - when my mother wasn't home. For some reason she let him have all this stuff, but she wouldn't allow me a Game Boy of my own until I was six. Then she finally gave in and I got an N64 for christmas when I was eight.

Posted by poisonblood

My parents bought me a NES from a yard sale when I was four it came with twenty games.

Posted by Demotion

my grand mother got me an NES when I was 5 years old and then i was hooked 4 life.

Posted by Celestial Flame

My big brother got me into video games when he bought the Sega Genisus and the SNES.

Posted by HaloPhantomX

My sister had me play her in Tekken on Playstation then I bought some games for it like Crash Bandacoot and from there on in I've been playing video games.

Posted by Random

I think once upon a time we had this thread.. Anywho it was my older cousins. I went over to their house to play Atari and later on the NES. I just had to get my own of course. I was pretty fricken young. I'll always have good memories of playing games and owning all the major gaming systems. Each system I owned had it's own unique games/features that I enjoyed.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]I saw a comercial, SNES comercial if I can remember correctly. Asked dad if he could buy it and he bought it.[/COLOR]

Posted by TendoAddict

My grampa was a avid gamer. He introduced me to the Snes/Nes when I was very young. I grew up around video games.

Posted by Unite

My cousin in Japan let me play his famcom, i think i was like 4.

Posted by Kit

I honestly can't remember. I remember having the Sega Master System and The Sega Game Gear, and I think my brother showed me how to play the Game Gear a few months before I was 3 years old, so I started playing. I think I learned to play other conosles when I was late 3's, maybe 4 years old? I remember that I got a SNES at this time, too.

Posted by Pit

Father got me an NES with two controller, duck hunt, super mario bros. At the age of 4 me and my brother were able to get to world 8, yet, never beat it, weird eh'. Then other games like Batman, Donkey Kong, TMNT we got. Then my father bought my brother a genesis with Sonic for his birthday and an extra controller. My sister bought us mortal kombat when we were around 5. Then for christmas my father got me a gamegear and sister bought us an SNES :)

Posted by Moogs

My parents played the NES and SNES(which we still have and they still play at times) and I picked it up when I was like 4 or 5 and started playing Super Mario.

Posted by The Judge

My parents saw an NES and said "Hm, Derick might enjoy this instead of running around all day and wandering off. Maybe this will get him to sit still."

They've regretted it their entire lives.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Mr.Nintendo]The first Nintendo in Japan deserves +5 points of rep
So the Chiritori, Color TV Game 6, Color TV Game 15, Color TV Game 112, Color TV Game Block Kusure, Computer TV Game and Game & Watch never existed then?

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Klarth: So the Chiritori, Color TV Game 6, Color TV Game 15, Color TV Game 112, Color TV Game Block Kusure, Computer TV Game and Game & Watch never existed then?

Sorry I meant Famicom but I've always thought that the Famicom looked better then the NES but I've always like NES.

Posted by Echo

My dad had an Atari 2600 which I would play a lot (Pitfall, River Raid, and Combat ftw), and my cousin had an SNES when it was just released that I played a lot. Soon after that my Grandpa bought me and my sister our own SNES. Surprisingly, I've had very little exposure to the NES, since I've never owned one and only know one or two people with them.

Posted by Axis

My older brother played the NES and SNES alot, I think the game he introduced to me was Super Mario Brothers.

Posted by NeXidala

I'd have to say that my parents and my cousins introduced me to video games. When I was like 4, whenever I went to my cousins' house they had a SNES and a NES and I remembered that we used to play for hours! Also when I had just turned 5, my parents bought me and my sister a N64 (which I still have today) and I remember the first game I had on there was that Super Mario game.... With the picture frames that you jump into....Yeah that one. lol.

Posted by Drewboy64

My brother and cousin played SNES alot, and then I started playing games more when the N64 came out, and now I play them a lot.

Now hurry up and rep me, Mr. Nintendo :p

Posted by Arcadios

Sorry, I reached my limit for today. :(
I'll rep ya tomorrow, repwhore. lol jk

Posted by Sterling

I think when I was little maybe 5 my friend Sydney had an N64 and I used to go over to her house and play Pokemon and such.

Posted by Linko_16

Older brother got an NES for Christmas/Birthday/Something. We lost that because my twin brother, who was badly behaved at that age, had fits when he lost. In this dry period, it was my cousin who let us play his Genesis and NES when we visited my uncle. I guess some thanks must go to all the pizza parlors we visited that offered us all the arcade and fighting games. Anyway, most of the congratulations should probably be awarded to another uncle of mine, who let me have his way with his plethora of game systems when I stayed with him for a week in North Carolina. I was so rivited by this profound return to gaming (we had a GameBoy at the time, but it wasn't such a big part of our lives) that I formed an agreement with my mom to buy my own N64.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Sorry I meant Famicom but I've always thought that the Famicom looked better then the NES but I've always like NES.

[img]http://lelexso.free.fr/image_lexique/tv1.PNG[/img]

Preceded the Famicom by a decade or so :)

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I've been playing video games longer than I can remember. My older brother is to blame.

Posted by DPDude

The year was 1991...and my parents got me an SNES, Mario World, and Mario Paint. Then came Mario Kart...and from that point on I lost track of the games I got.

Posted by antisora

i got started with my big brothers genesis.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting antisora: i got started with my big brothers genesis.

When I was 4, my friend bought a Nintendo64, and thats when I became addicted.

Posted by muffla

when i was 5/6 my dad let me play doom on his pc it didnt really affect my life (MuSt KiLl MUST killlll)

Posted by Sak

When I was 3 my dad introduced me to Tekken 2. Ever since I've been hooked on video games.