Rainbow Islands Revolution/Bubble Bobble Revolution

Posted by Dexter

I just heard about this game. It is going to be released 08/08. Bub and Bob are very cute characters and I really enjoyed the original Rainbow Islands for the NES. I with this was more of a Bubble Bobble game, admittedly, but I'm still looking forward to this. I'm not sure how different it will be from the original but from what I've seen so far it looks incredibly similar. It has a Maple Story appearance about it and I suppose you draw the rainbows in using the stylus instead of pushing a button, which sounds fairly difficult. I hope I get to see them in dinosaur form.

EDIT: I just discovered that a Bubble Bobble Revolution game is to be released on the same day! Bubble burping fun is definitely on the way for me. I can't believe I wasn't aware of these games earlier.

Posted by Corrupt

Yet another reason why I really should work towards purchasing a DS. I've noticed that there are so many great games out for it already, and even more yet to come. I've really been missing out, I think. :(

But yeah, another Bubble Bobble game sounds wonderful. Looking forward to it, without a doubt.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

This has been out for months over here. And I think that the Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands games are either the same game, or on the same cart, or something.

I'll go into town at some point and test it out, and come back and let you guys know.

Posted by Ant

I've heard nothing of this game. So it's like bubble bobble on the NES? Where you capture the baddies in the bubbles then have to pop them to kill them? And what do you do exactly when you draw the rainbows? MOAR INFO!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Better be cheap as hell.

Posted by Klarth

Well, as far as I know Rainbow Islands works in a similar way to Kirby: Canvas Curse.

Posted by Bebop

Avast, steer clear of these games! They are not the classics you know and love! Rainbow Islands plays differently by use of touch screen and character in a bubble but it's Bubble Bobble which is the turd factory! According to an NGC review the levels arent fully seen on the screen resulting in walking off ledges or into enemies without prior warning or anything. Just dont expect the same old games is all I'm saying dawg.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bebop: According to an NGC review the levels arent fully seen on the screen resulting in walking off ledges or into enemies without prior warning or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDv85viSdpk&search=bubble%20bobble%20revolution

Doesn't seem that way to me. The levels may not be fully seen like they used to be, but you are centered and it doesn't seem like you will walk into enemies or into holes without warning. I think the game looks great. I'll have fun with it, definitely.