New Phone?

Posted by Arcadios

Recently my father had cut off our phones from T-mobile because he didn't get enough reception but my phone was fine so now I have to get a new phone.
So my dad chose Verizon now.

I wanted to know which phone do you favor so I can get an opinion on what people think of them.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=950

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=880

I might go with the first one since I like taking picture rather then listening to my music since I already have an MP3 player.

Posted by Xero

Overall I like the first one as well.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Mr.Nintendo:
I might go with the first one since I like taking picture rather then listening to my music since I already have an MP3 player.

Right on.

Posted by Random

GET RID OF VERIZON. Verizon is a bunch of money whores. They ripped me off multiple times. I used to sell Verizon so I can tell you right now it's not the way to go. There I said it. Verizons not the way to go. Get Sprint or Cingular. Cingular has the rollover minutes, while Sprints time starts at 7pm and if you go over your minutes it's 10 cents a minute where Verizons 45.

Sprint doesn't only use Sprint PCS but it can use Verizon towers while Verizon Can't use Sprints coverage. Thus making Sprint unbeatable.

Phone wise.. Sure Verizon has "THE RAZR" but so does Cingular. Sprint has the Samsung A900 AKA "The Blade." Which is far superior to the Razr. Sprint uses "Vision" which is way faster downloads than VCast and you can't get VCast everywhere, where anywhere you have Sprint Coverage you can use Vision.

Cingular meanwhile has the best coverage in the U.S. and has Rollover minutes. It's a great way to go if you don't have coverage with Sprint/Verizon.

Sprint & Cingular> Verizon

The Blade is slim like the Razr and can be used as an MP3 player as well. You can watch TV, Movies and listen to Sirius Satellite Radio off the Blade. Not to mention it's bluetooth capable. We sell Razrs and I can tell you the Blade KILLS THE RAZR.

Heres the Samsung A900 http://www.mobileguerilla.com/images/samsung-a900.gif

With Verizon I was on the $39.99 plan (400 mins). I ended up with $120 bill every month. Ever since I switched to Sprint. My bills never gone over $60. the 10 cents a minute comes in handy.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Don't get a Samsung phone. get a Sony Ericsson. They last forever, and have the best OS and menu system of anything.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Mr.Nintendo:
So my dad chose Verizon now.

Good choice. Get a RAZR. They're really nice. I love how sleek mine is. It gets fine reception even in an area where most cell phones barely work. And the battery life is excellent.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Sidekick 3 or no deal

Posted by higbvuyb

Dont' get a RAZR. THey look rather stupid with the large curved lump on the end. You'll also be jumping on a really large bandwagon.

Posted by mis0

RAZRs sure are slim, but they're pretty wide. Personally I would go with a camera phone - an mp3 player that's built into a phone isn't likely to be very good. Just don't expect much out of the camera phones, because they can't deliver more than 640x480 resolution. They also tend to be fairly fragile, so I wouldn't get one if you're clumsy with your phone.

I personally used a Nokia 6101 Video Phone with T-Mobile until the battery started doing weird stuff. I just threw the SIM back in my old Siemens flip phone because I don't really want to buy another battey or phone.

Posted by Random

Quoting Misoxeny: RAZRs sure are slim, but they're pretty wide. Personally I would go with a camera phone - an mp3 player that's built into a phone isn't likely to be very good. Just don't expect much out of the camera phones, because they can't deliver more than 640x480 resolution. They also tend to be fairly fragile, so I wouldn't get one if you're clumsy with your phone.

I personally used a Nokia 6101 Video Phone with T-Mobile until the battery started doing weird stuff. I just threw the SIM back in my old Siemens flip phone because I don't really want to buy another battey or phone.

On the Samsung a900 the MP3 player is kickass. It's not top quality but it's the best quality i've heard yet for a phone by far. And who wouldn't get a camera phone? Some places have camera phones for Free.

Posted by Arcadios

I know the camara phone is better but I realised that it too can play MP3's and it has an SD memory card slot like the other MP3 phone.

Posted by Raptor

I already have both a 7.2 megapixel digital camera and an mp3 player with an expansive hard drive, yet felt the need to buy a phone with a digital camera and an mp3 player inside it just to dazzle my friends. Bling bling, lol.

Posted by Klarth

Hey, I thought you hated bandwagons?

edit: 7.2, HOLY ****. What camera?!

Posted by Raptor

Depends on the particular bandwagon, and whether it actually appeals to my personal interests or not. That last post was all sarcasm, though. I have no desire to be technologically redundant.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AYJDD6/sr=1-1/qid=1152917116/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0196191-4135143?ie=UTF8&s=electronics]Canon Powershot A620[/url]

Coincidentally, it's the #1 selling camera on Amazon.com. And I was a bit off, it's 7.1.

Posted by

the first one!

Posted by Demotion

Yea go with the first one.

Posted by Random

Did you talk your dad out of Verizon yet? You should.. Not to mention Sprint has MP3 player phones that far surpass those of Verizons.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I like my SLVR, it's pretty awesome.

Posted by Demotion

Have you decided which one to get?