can i get some help fellas?

Posted by wannafanta

okay, so my boyfriend's mom is in LOVE with super nintendo. and i've looked places to find one, but they're all beat up and out of shape. i still have mine from forever ago, but from moving everywhere i lost the AV ADAPTER ( i think thats what its called )....i've looked a pawn shops and games stores and nowhere sells them. i guess last resort is ebay. but does anyone know where i could possibly find one? thanks guys =]

Posted by poisonblood

What the hell was the other thread for?
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=15369

**slaps forehead**

WHY DID YOU MAKE TWO OF THE SAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AV adaptor for a super nintendo should be very easy to find the Super Nintendo, N64 ,and Game Cube all use the same av adapter you should have no problem finding one now that you know what to look for.

Posted by wannafanta

well maybe its not the av adapter then. cause i have an N64 too and it doesnt take the same plug. whatever plug that has the yellow, red, and white thing that hooks up to the tv is what im trying to find. supernintendo, genesis, and the originial nintendo had the same one....

Posted by Colonel

I sold my old SNES but forgot to give them my AV adaptor, so it's sitting in my basement as we speak.

Posted by Arczu

They will probably get a new one.

The AV adaptor for the SNES... I can't remember what it looked like exactly, but it had a big back.

If you happen to be looking for an RF Adaptor (which lets you see the game), those are being sold. Some have functions for 3 colsoles. Get RCA jacks for better picture though.

Posted by XeroPercent

I don't recall the SNES having an AV cable. Pretty sure it was just an RF switch.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting wannafanta: well maybe its not the av adapter then. cause i have an N64 too and it doesnt take the same plug. whatever plug that has the yellow, red, and white thing that hooks up to the tv is what im trying to find. supernintendo, genesis, and the originial nintendo had the same one....

Poison is right, they DO take the same plug. GCN, N64, and SNES all have the same multi-out. And yes, SNES did have an AV cable, I have 3 myself, one having S-Video (which is awesome on an SNES BTW). If you have a GCN or N64, just use the cable from there. If you don't, you can still buy cables from [URL="http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&langId=-1¤cy=USD&ignoreCrumbs=N&crumb1=&crumb1Ignore=&crumb2=%253CA%2BHREF%253D%2522javascript%253APassOn%2528%2527X%2527%252C%2B%2527ChooseView%2527%252C%2527%2527%252C%2B%2527%2527%2529%253B%2522%253ESuper%2BNES%253C%252FA%253E&crumb2Ignore=&crumb3=%253CA%2BHREF%253D%2522javascript%253APassOn%2528%2527C%2527%252C%2B%2527CategoryDisplay%2527%252C%252714758%2527%252C%2B%2527N%2527%2529%253B%2522%253EParts%2B%2526%2BAccessories%253C%252FA%253E&crumb3Ignore=&translateFrom=%C8%C9%C7&translateTo=EEC&usrSearchText=&searchText=&selSrchType=&page=&view=&productId=355&categoryId=14758&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null"]Nintendo.[/URL]

Posted by LHoT

I have a snes, and it does have AV, sorry, but its not for sale. I'd say go ebay.

Posted by keyartist

I don't know what part of the world you live in but there is a store called "Game Repair" in Las Vegas that sells all sorts of old sytem products "new" still in the box.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

NES and SNES use the same Power Plugs, but NES has its own two set AV cable.

SNES, N64 and Game Cube use the same AV cables

NES, SNES, N64 (with a cable box) and the Game Cube (with an N64 cable box) can all use the channel 3 methiod using the same cord.

But best bet is E-Bay most likely

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=wannafanta]okay, so my boyfriend's mom is in LOVE with super nintendo. and i've looked places to find one, but they're all beat up and out of shape. i still have mine from forever ago, but from moving everywhere i lost the AV ADAPTER ( i think thats what its called )....i've looked a pawn shops and games stores and nowhere sells them. i guess last resort is ebay. but does anyone know where i could possibly find one? thanks guys =]

For an AV adapter, you could purchase replacements from any Wal-Mart, E/B Games, Rhino Games, Amazon.com, GamingGraveyard.com, etc..
Now if you actually mean a 120VAC/10VDC power supply, then [URL="http://www.gaminggraveyard.com"]www.gaminggraveyard.com[/URL] sells a replacement good for use with SNES, NES, and the Sega Genesis [yes, one piece adaptable to all three systems].

[quote=XeroPercent]I don't recall the SNES having an AV cable. Pretty sure it was just an RF switch.

The Compact SNES was the only SNES to not come with both RF and AV capabilities. It was AV only. The SNES 1 was made for both analog [RF] and digital [AV] channels.

Posted by Creedence

Hey, if you have a game stop neer you then there is a system that plays both Snes and Nes games. They cost 60 dollars and there are many simular products at other games stores.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: Hey, if you have a game stop neer you then there is a system that plays both Snes and Nes games. They cost 60 dollars and there are many simular products at other games stores.

Yea thats a FC Twin, anyways, do you guys know if NES and SNES use the same AC adapter (just to make sure im saying what im talking about, i mean the thing that plugs into the wall) ive got threads on this but no one will answer me. thanks in advance