AFI: decemberunderground

Posted by Xero

Ok I heard their song "miss murder" about 15 times and I really liked it, but I hesitate in buying the CD. If anybody has it right now, I'd need some comments on the other songs, cuz I was quite disppointed when I bought billy talent II and I dont want to do that mistake again.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Everyone I know who likes them claims the old stuff as the best. Personally, I wouldn't touch any of it. On that note, I hate rabid AFI fans, and I'm glad I got the pleasure of hitting a few when I saw them at Warped Tour.

Posted by ~Snake~

afi rules ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah they rock but i dont like some of there songs

Posted by Xero

Could you specifie? I dont care if you tell me they rock, cuz thats establoshed in my mind already. I want to know if over 50% of the CD is good or not.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

The CD is good, but you shouldn't waste money on anything A.F.I. puts out (download it) any longer since all their good music ended with the album Sing the Sorrow (though there are some good songs on there still). It's weird, A.F.I. was all punk/dark rock and than they broke down and went emo for Sing the Sorrow and now they're trying to reclaim their roots with decemberunderground, and to me, it's just sad.

I like A.F.I. as much as the next person, but they just need to stop and rethink their gameplan.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I disagree. I really, really liked this album. They've moved towards a post-hardcore sound while still keeping some of their punk roots, which is nice. Plus, it's still very much an AFI album. I figure, if you like AFI, download it. If you really like AFI, buy it.

Posted by Xero

Well before decemberunderground, I dint even know that band existed. Never heard a song from them before, so I dunno if they changed their style. I'm not planning on buying sing the sorrow unless I really liked decemberunderground. From what I read of vampiro, the black metal dude, I guess this CD got what I want.

Thank you :)