The ultimate irony: RHCP accuses other bands of selling out

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[URL="http://www.rock1053.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104691&article=558774"]http://www.rock1053.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104691&article=558774[/URL]

Apparently, the Black Eyed Peas and U2 are sellouts because they allowed their songs to be used in commercials. Someone remind this idiot that his band aren't any sort of rock gods, and that their music sucks ass.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting Imperial Phantom: http://www.rock1053.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104691&article=558774

Apparently, the Black Eyed Peas and U2 are sellouts because they allowed their songs to be used in commercials. Someone remind this idiot that his band aren't any sort of rock ***s, and that their music sucks ***.

Note the fact that it's one band member's opinion and therefore doesn't encompass the entire band.

And the Red Hot Chili Peppers don't suck. Just period.

Posted by brownoystercult

whaddaya know, he's the drummer. :D

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Note the fact that it's one band member's opinion and therefore doesn't encompass the entire band.

And the Red Hot Chili Peppers don't suck. Just period.

[quote=me]Someone remind this idiot that his band

Care to fail again?

Posted by Hyper

RHCP don't suck. They're not all that great, either, but I can still enjoy them. I think it's silly for any member of extremely popular band to say that, though.

Posted by Raptor

" The "Dani California" star finds it difficult to understand how bands can sacrifice their integrity by selling their songs to corporations."

What about selling your songs to brilliant cinematic masterpieces like Coneheads?

He may as well start ripping on countless other artists, including Bob Seger. Could anyone here possibly listen to "Like a Rock" and not be reminded of a truck commercial?

Posted by chec

i really got into rhcp a few years ago, for like ten or fifteen minutes, then i listened to something else

Quoting Imperial Phantom: Care to fail again?

Are you just stupid or something? Whatever little witty retort you just attempted failed horribly. Try again.

Talking down to the person who owned you doesn't work.

Quoting Imperial Phantom: Talking down to the person who owned you doesn't work.

Half the things you say don't make any sense. Try learning the English language first, maybe take a typing class or two, and then get back to me.

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Half the things you say don't make any sense. Try learning the English language first, maybe take a typing class or two, and then get back to me.I made perfect sense. If you weren't too busy beating women, you'd be able to concentrate long enough to understand my posts.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Have the things you say don't make any sense.
Haha what were you saying again?

Quoting Imperial Phantom: I made perfect sense. If you weren't too busy beating women, you'd be able to concentrate long enough to understand my posts.

I like how you fail to address the actual problem and try to avert my attention elsewhere. Nice try.

Since you obviously fail to grasp intellectual challenging words, let's dissect your idiotic babble.

Quoting Imperial Phantom: [URL="http://www.rock1053.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104691&article=558774"]http://www.rock1053.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104691&article=558774[/URL]

Apparently, the Black Eyed Peas and U2 are sellouts because they allowed their songs to be used in commercials. Someone remind this idiot that his band aren't any sort of rock gods, and that their music sucks ass.

"Someone remid this idiot that his band aren't any sort of rock gods, and their music sucks ass."

Hm, now, it appears to me that you were addressing the one man...than expanded that opinion to the entire band. Hence, the following:

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Note the fact that it's one band member's opinion and therefore doesn't encompass the entire band.

How about a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up. :cookie:

Posted by Boner

BLSM was their only album I ever really cared for.

Posted by Shade

I like RHCP, they make music that makes me say, "Hey, this sounds good."

And Sean, just shut up and go listen to slipknot like a good boy.

[quote=Sean the Wicked]I like how you fail to address the actual problem and try to avert my attention elsewhere. Nice try.

How did I not address the problem? The issue is that you are the only person in this entire forum who can't understand my posts. What am I supposed to do, translate them from English to Sean for you? Sorry, not happening.

[quote=Sean the Wicked] Since you obviously fail to grasp intellectual challenging words, let's dissect your idiotic babble.

If there were any "intellectual challenging" (should say intellectualLY challenging) words out of your post, I would have grasped them perfectly.

[quote=Sean the Wicked] "Someone remid this idiot that his band aren't any sort of rock gods, and their music sucks ass."

Remind. For someone who's on me about MY apparent lack of English, you can't even quote ME correctly. How hard is a simple copy/paste job? Highlight, ctrl+c, ctrl+v.

[quote=Sean the Wicked] Hm, now, it appears to me that you were addressing the one man...than expanded that opinion to the entire band. Hence, the following:

No, I was addressing this man REGARDING his band. His band is not the most underground, "hardcore" non-sellout band out there (to say the least). Do you grasp this, or am I going to have to run it past you again?

[quote=Sean the Wicked]How about a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up. :cookie:

After you finish your nice warm cup of jizz.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Opeth: BLSM was their only album I ever really cared for.

Agreed, mostly.

I can tolerate their album "Californication", but I'll never buy it. Like, if a song from Californication is on the radio, I won't change the station. I may even sing along to it.

But Blood Sugar Sex Magic was the best, by far. Come on, Breaking the f*cking girl.

[quote=imperial phantom]After you finish your nice warm cup of jizz.

Holy junk! Is this //Phantom as in Freddy G? Dude, I didn't think you said things like this to people! Just seems a bit vulgar, but hey, I like it!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

haha, owned. I never lol'd so hard at a retort before, phantom. I so approve.

On-topic: this is retarded. Anyone from a huge band like that who honestly thinks they themselves haven't "sold-out" yet are ****ing delusional.