Fables of the Green Forest

Posted by Proto Man

I used to have these videos with old cartoons on them, and this is one of them.

I always knew this show as The Adventures of Peter Cottontail and All His Friends, but I have come to know that it was released under different names as well. This series was based on the childrens books by Thornton W. Burgess. The interesting thing is though, this series originated out in Japan, and is actually an anime. In Japan it was called Yamanezumi Rocky Chuck, and was done by Zuiyo Enterprises in 1973. It was distributed all around by a company called ZIV International. Well Zuiyo is now Nippon Animation which doesn't have anything to do with it now. ZIV International seems to have dissapeared as well

The series was brought out to the US in '78.Another popular name for this show was Fables of the Green Forest, which never heard of till now. The show was distributed out on VHS by Family Home Entertainment, and Media Home Entertainment, and I believe AIMS Multimedia in the 80's The videos I had though were recorded.

Here is a screenshot:

and you can see more at this site http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tvo2/greenforest.html

I still have one video with two episodes on it. Both of them have Buster the Bear in them.

I did have another video with a couple more episodes, but that seems to have turned up missing. My mom claims we gave it to my Aunt, and if thats true, I want it back.

Does anyone remember this show at all?