My room is infested with spider babies

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I just killed five. No idea where they came from, and I'm sure there's a lot more.

Suggest ways of getting rid of them. Comical, realistic, absurd, doesn't matter to me. Just as long as I don't have to deal with spiders crawling in my hair and into my mouth when I'm sleeping.

Posted by Zeta

Use Twin Slasher.

Posted by Slade

Attach a transmitter to one, then wait until it leads you to the Queen. Then use a baseball bat(or, liek.. plasma gun) to end this nonsense.

Are they tiny orange/yellow looking ones? If so, I've seen them outside, and they hatch in the hundreds and then spread like crazy.

Good luck.

Posted by mis0

Realistic: Burn down your house. Might want to get any valuables out, like your rare pokemon cards, etc.

Comical: Paintball the ****ers. I've done it, and it's fun. Just not effective.

Absurd: Jizz the ****ers. They won't be able to escape the sticky madness!

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Vampiro]My room is infested with baby spiders.

You don't get much more grim than that.

I personally would try to find some non-lethal way of removing them, considering how beneficial spiders can be, but that'd be pretty tedious if there are a crapload of them like you say. Just get some sticky paper or something.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Track down the nest, spray it with hair chemicals, ignite. When flames get out of control, douse with bucket of water. :D

Posted by juliebriggs

if its a house spider, dont worry about it. they do more good then bad

I usually wouldn't, but I don't know... it's my room. The room I spend quite a bit of time in and sleep in. It's gross :(

Posted by Klarth

Weren't you complaining about this this time last year?

Yeah, I thought I recalled it after I posted the thread. Well, it's happened again.

Posted by Klarth

I'd suggest grimming them out of your room, but that's implausible.

Buy spider poison. Or Canadian food. Same difference

Posted by Lord of Spam

just do what ever you did last year.

Apparently, spiders feed off my grim. So I see what you did there.

Quoted post: just do what ever you did last year.

Which was... nothing. I slept in my basement for two months. Can't do that now.

Posted by The Judge

Consider ignoring them until they become large enough to stop easily. That's what I did.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Running from spiders is decidedly ungrim.

I'm trying to think of things that would be easy to get ahold of that eat spiders, but I cant off the top of my head.

Quoted post: Consider ignoring them until they become large enough to stop easily. That's what I did.

Hm, yes. Because right now they're small and grey. I only notice them when they hang down an inch infront of my face... and right after I stop freaking out because it looks so ****ing huge.

Posted by Ant

I laugh at your problem. And offer you no suggestions to fix the problem so I may laugh more.

Posted by Kit

Some spiders hate light, so if you try and make the room as bright as possible (By putting lamps everywhere, etc.) and just leave it for an hour or two, the numbers may decrease, a bit.

If that doesn't work, just try spider poison.

Posted by The Judge

Completely seal off all oxygen flow in your room and come back in about a month.

Posted by Linko_16

... Sticky paper. Seriously. Just put some under your bed, behind furnature or in corners or something.

Posted by Xenos

The other day, there was a whole trail of ants going into my kitchen and soda can. After smashing over 100, I decided to use a vaccum. :hammer:

Posted by Klarth

O LAWD IS DAT SUM NAZI?

Posted by Xenos

I used a vaccum and sprayed the chemicals to kill them while inside.

Nazi indeed.

Posted by Klarth

PUT THEM IN THE OVEN

Posted by Zeta

MICROWAVE IS MORE ENTERTAINING

HEAT VISION

Posted by Zeta

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Posted by Xenos

That reminds me when I salted a snail and used a magnifying glass to burn it alive.

I was six at the time. *oscar*

Quoted post: That reminds me when I salted a snail and used a magnifying glass to burn it alive.

I was six at the time.

I salted a snail a week ago. All snails around here a ****ing gigantic. So it's totally worth it and pretty neat to see.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Here's an idea. Get an exterminater to do the job for you. And before he can ask for a bill knock him out and drive him to the middle of nowhere. It should work.

Posted by Zeta

Silly Aida, Canada IS the middle of nowhere lololol I'm lame.

Posted by Kiyoshi

In the middle of nowhere in nowhere then. Or something like that.

Quoted post: Silly Aida, Canada IS the middle of nowhere lololol I'm lame.

I lol'd

Posted by Zeta

?

Courage wins.

Posted by Kiyoshi

It's Courage's house! I love that show!

Posted by sniper

I know I have dozens of spiders about my room, and probably hundreds more in the attic above my room. Deal with it like a man.

Or, you could look up a device that can be plugged into an outlet that supposedly emits a sound frequency spiders loathe and therefore avoid. I have heard good things about that.

Quoted post: Or, you could look up a device that can be plugged into an outlet that supposedly emits a sound frequency spiders loathe and therefore avoid. I have heard good things about that.

So far this suggestion is the best and I might actually look into it.

Posted by The Judge

Actually, until about the third sentence of Aida's suggestion, it was probably the best.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vampiro: So far this suggestion is the best and I might actually look into it.

Although it sounds too humane :(

But seriously...that's probably the best idea yet in this thread.

Quoted post: Actually, until about the third sentence of Aida's suggestion, it was probably the best.

It's quite a bit of hassle and will probably cost a lot too. But yeah, that's my second option. Third being burning down the house.

Posted by The Judge

I would've thought getting each one with a hammer or a gun would have been a more reasonable option than burning your house down.

You obviously have no idea how lazy I am.

Posted by Zeta

Get back you eight-legged freaks!

GIANT ENEMY SPIDERS. SQUISH FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Posted by Zeta

You got: Lighting Web/Raijingeki

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting sniper: Or, you could look up a device that can be plugged into an outlet that supposedly emits a sound frequency spiders loathe and therefore avoid. I have heard good things about that.

Oh, I forgot about these completely. My Nana has some for her cabin in the woods, and we've never had bug problems there.

Posted by Boner

SLAY THEM WITH METAL!!! :evil:

Posted by Demonblade

Hey vamp...box 'em up and ship 'em to me man....im infested by ants, so i could use some calvary to rampage these little bastards.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Demonblade: Hey vamp...box 'em up and ship 'em to me man....im infested by ants, so i could use some calvary to rampage these little bastards.

I dunno. Teh spiderz would have to be all liek "WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" And I don't think that's what Vamp is dealing with here.

Posted by Poison

Easy problem with a cool fix.

Get a lizard, with an spiky collar. Bold and daring :cool:

Posted by Darksong X

Use Magic Missle.

Posted by Pit

Spiders hate water. Use hydro pump, you may miss cause its 80% accuracy but it deals 120 base damage. Spiders are also ground and fire, so it deals double damage.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Darksong X: Use Magic Missle.

the best part about this is that its an automatic hit. unless they have spell resistance, but if they have that, they are like, weird extra dimensional spiders, and you're ****ed anyway.

Posted by Demonblade

Styrofoam/Packing Peanuts + Gasoling = Napalm...have fun.

Posted by Lord of Spam

with that they still get to make a reflex save, though. Magic missile is still your best bet.
Vamps got to have at least ONE arcane spellcaster level, amirite?

Posted by Roger Smith

Mime, Final Attack-Phoenix, MP Turbo-Knights of the Round, HP Absorb-Master Summon, HP Plus, Master Command, Master Magic-Quadra Magic, W-Summon, W-Magic, Mega All. Win

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Lord of Spam: with that they still get to make a reflex save, though. Magic missile is still your best bet.
Vamps got to have at least ONE arcane spellcaster level, amirite?

Agreed, napalm is very inaccurate so it might not be the best choice. But he does need an AOE attack because you know he is fighting a group of monsters, and magic missile only deals half its base damage to enemies within one square of it's selected target. He needs a move that does more damage over a larger area of attack.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Roger Smith: Moar like Plasma Shots.

**** that. Plasma Shot is overrated. Go with the one that lets you store 4 Charge Shots

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: **** that. Plasma Shot is overrated. Go with the one that lets you store 4 Charge Shots

Meh, I changed my post cuz I thought Plasma Shots wouldn't have dealt with the spiders well enough. Hence my new post!

[quote=Roger Smith]Mime, Final Attack-Phoenix, MP Turbo-Knights of the Round, HP Absorb-Master Summon, HP Plus, Master Command, Master Magic-Quadra Magic, W-Summon, W-Magic, Mega All. Win

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Demonblade: Agreed, napalm is very inaccurate so it might not be the best choice. But he does need an AOE attack because you know he is fighting a group of monsters, and magic missile only deals half its base damage to enemies within one square of it's selected target. He needs a move that does more damage over a larger area of attack.

wrong wrong wrong wrong

Magic missle fires multiple missles per level. I'll assume that vamp is AT LEAST level 20 in sorcerer, since thats how he rolls. That means he gets 5 missles at 1d4+1 damage each, which is MORE than enough to kill a single spider per missle. Now, since he is level 20, he can cast something like 40+ spells, each taking out 5 spiders. and since there is no attack roll or anything, each attack PROMISES 5 less spiders

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Lord of Spam: wrong wrong wrong wrong

Magic missle fires multiple missles per level. I'll assume that vamp is AT LEAST level 20 in sorcerer, since thats how he rolls. That means he gets 5 missles at 1d4+1 damage each, which is MORE than enough to kill a single spider per missle. Now, since he is level 20, he can cast something like 40+ spells, each taking out 5 spiders. and since there is no attack roll or anything, each attack PROMISES 5 less spiders

Well, when the hell's he gonna do that?!

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Lord of Spam: wrong wrong wrong wrong

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lord of Spam again.

I got told...clearly i am a padawan learner. My first choice would have been Meteor Shower, but clearly i was mistaken.

Posted by Lord of Spam

That would have destroyed his precious alien and predator figurines. But with MM, theres a zero miss chance.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Lord of Spam: That would have destroyed his precious alien and predator figurines. But with MM, theres a zero miss chance.

True, but in my defense...seeing as how they are not my Alien and predator figurines, nor my exceptionally organized stack of remotes...i would have opted for sheer killing power, and that my friend, is where i went wrong.

Posted by juliebriggs

well since no one seems to wanna offer much useful information, i googled:

A clean house is the spider’s worst enemy
Spiders love dirty rooms. If you leave clothes lying around or objects on the floor, it gives spiders a place to hide and more courage to migrate from one place to another in your home. clean your room. they dont like stuff like lemon pledge on their feet. plus you could uncover the source. aslo, dont leave any clothes laying around on the floor since they like to use them for hiding places. someone aslo suggested the frequency emitters, which work. hit up walmart, they sell for $20 for a 3 pack. spiders hate "hedge apples" as well, so find some and put them where the spiders are. they dont like eucalyptus leaves either, so try that. my last suggestion is heat. spiders dont like warm places, so turn up the heat in your room as a last resort

Posted by Pit

These spiders are ground and fire, STUPID. Jesus christ.

Posted by Zeta

I thought they were bug/poison :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Dont like heat? Welcome to Florida. I've seen spiders that were plate sized.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Lord of Spam: That would have destroyed his precious alien and predator figurines. But with MM, theres a zero miss chance.

I'll go with this.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Demonblade: Hey vamp...box 'em up and ship 'em to me man....im infested by ants, so i could use some calvary to rampage these little bastards.

Most spiders can't really pray on ants. They'd either have to be really big ants or really small spiders. I know he said they were little, but they'd grow.

Posted by Ant

What Vamp doesn't remember is that he himself is one of those grown up spiders.

Quoted post: SLAY THEM WITH METAL!!!

Quoted post: Spiders hate water. Use hydro pump, you may miss cause its 80% accuracy but it deals 120 base damage. Spiders are also ground and fire, so it deals double damage.

Quoted post: What Vamp doesn't remember is that he himself is one of those grown up spiders.

So, basically, these three posts made me lol amazingly hard. Job well done.

Quoted post: Spiders love dirty rooms. If you leave clothes lying around or objects on the floor, it gives spiders a place to hide and more courage to migrate from one place to another in your home. clean your room. they dont like stuff like lemon pledge on their feet. plus you could uncover the source. aslo, dont leave any clothes laying around on the floor since they like to use them for hiding places.

*******it, that's most likely the problem. Ugh, if I have to clean my room, I'll just put up with the spiders.

Posted by Darksong X

COLLATERAL SHOT

Three blood vials and all of your problems just wash away...or if you want to get real crazy on them unleash a cloud of Cillit Bang on the f[COLOR="White"]uc[/COLOR]kers. Not a being alive can withstand the awesome power of...Cillit Bang!

Read that as Clit Bang and fap'd

Anywho, a spider fell on my mom when he was saying goodbye to me. Long story short: I have to clean my room or something bad will happen. Something she hasn't decided on, but something I won't enjoy. Those were her words, and I fear it might be incestuous. So I'm cleaning my room.

Posted by Kit

Clean bedrooms aren't allowed, clean it, and when she sees it and approves, dirty it up again. :)

Posted by Zeta

lol she's gunna kick u outta the house

Posted by The Judge

If we're talkin' spells consider either a Gate spell used to call a Pit Fiend (I'm sure he can figure something efficient out in 20 rounds), taking the Vermin Domain and Rebuking them, using a Banishment spell repeatedly to send them to their home plane (Lolth's Domain in the Abyss), or a Crushing Fist of Spite spell. Granted, that last one would utterly destroy your house as well, but given the fact that if you're casting it, you're suffering from the festering anger disease, you won't live much longer after that anyways.

I got halfway through cleaning everything and gave up. So, basically everything's out in the hall and my room is even messier. Funny how that works.

Posted by The Judge

Perfect time to get really angry over it, becoming infested with festering anger, and cast Crushing Fist of Spite. It won't even destroy much aside from your roof then!

I swear to ***, if this **** is from something ****ing retarded like DnD or Magic, I'll do nothing but I'll say I'm ****ed.

Posted by The Judge

Dungeons and Dragons.

Would you have preferred something from ELDER SCROLLS: OBLIVION?!

No. The magic in Oblivion is ****ing lame.

Posted by The Judge

MAPLE STORY THEN LOL

WHAT IS THIS ****?

Posted by The Judge

Warhammer

Too much painting.

Posted by The Judge

Rokugan campaign setting. Possibly Ravenloft.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: I got halfway through cleaning everything and gave up. So, basically everything's out in the hall and my room is even messier. Funny how that works.

hmm, easy way to clean is simply get a box, and all the decoratives you have set up place them there, naw what I mean? then of course remove sheets, whatever you have pn your bed, and antyhing under bed, etc, then clean the dust off the back of your comp and TV, put new sheets, clean floor, and simple you stupid ****** baby

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: No. The magic in Oblivion is ****ing lame.

****ing fail, faggot. The magic in oblivion ****ing pwns. Get the staff of soul trap from the magtes guild initiation quest, then get azuras star. Then, summon a dremora. Soul trap it, and kill it. Use the grand soul to enchant a peice of armor to get as much chameleon as you can (20%, i think). Then repeat for as many items as you can wear. once you get your chameleon over like 130%, you are COMPLETELY invisible. You can walk up to town guards and hit them as hard as you want, and they just panic and run away. Feel free to wander oblivion for as long as you want without fear of ever being aggro'd again. No matter what, peopel will not engage you in combat, and will run screaming.

So what you do is get that set up, then make a touch damage spell that uses a decent damage over a long duration (say 100 damage a second for like 10 seconds). Go into a dungeon, touch something, and wait until it dies. Then wash rinse repeat. You now own the game completely.

Quoted post: hmm, easy way to clean is simply get a box, and all the decoratives you have set up place them there, naw what I mean? then of course remove sheets, whatever you have pn your bed, and antyhing under bed, etc, then clean the dust off the back of your comp and TV, put new sheets, clean floor, and simple you stupid ****** baby

Oh ***, I didn't even get that fag. I just did the floors, behind ****, under my bed, and in my closet. I have too many little nic-nacs to even attempt removing them and placing them back. But I got everything back in, and it looks the exact same. Just not dusty.

Turns out though, the spiders didn't come from my room.

LoS: did that. That's how I got through the last few Oblivion gates. They were just too ****ing tedious to do legit. But that's not what I meant anyways. Compared to other games like Dark Messiah, the magic is boring as ****. All ice, fire, and lightening spells look the same. The effects are all the same. The amount of different spell-types are also pretty limited. I'm not really complaining. It got the job done, but it could be a lot better.

Oh, and what's your gamertag anyways?

Posted by The Judge

So the spider babies can't see you as you hit them, I get it.

Posted by Ant

This thread got real gay real fast come page 5

Still on page etc

Posted by Xenos

Burning insects with glasses.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: Oh, and what's your gamertag anyways?

lolz

I dont have a 360. i was using my college roommates huegbox. So now I have no access to one. I'm thinking about buying one though. I was planning on upgrading to a 1337 gaming rig, but I might go for the 360 first.

Get a 360. You and I need to play some live.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, I probably will in the coming months. Like, in a month or two. Chances are the only games I'll get that I know of so far are Fight Night Round 3 and Dead Rising. MAAAAAYBE Forza.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Vampiro: Get a 360. You and I need to play some live.

Yes, you definately need a 360. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter is...excuse the cliche..."religious experience". Nothing beats the ole M-468SD with grenade launcher...*** i love GRAW.

Btw Vamp, that gun might be the answer you need for getting rid of the spiders....wouldnt necessarily reccomend the grenade launcher, that'd be a real mess.

Posted by Lord of Spam

cs has taught me an exclusive love for silenced m4s

Posted by Demonblade

I dunno man...after playing that game, i think you will be swayed to like the M468. In case you dont know what it is...its one of two guns that are under consideration to replace the M-16/M-4/AR-15. It has the same stock as an M-16/4, but its upper half has been made much more reliable...less jamming and firing pin breaking. Not to mention that it is a 6.8mm bullet rather than 5.56.

But yeah...GRAW online rocks the casbah, gotta love the 360.

Quoted post: Yeah, I probably will in the coming months. Like, in a month or two. Chances are the only games I'll get that I know of so far are Fight Night Round 3 and Dead Rising. MAAAAAYBE Forza.

And Gears of War when it comes out. That will rule Live. And we shall rule with it. But yeah, Dead Rising is a given for any 360 owner.

and I might as well ask, what's your gamertag, DB? And I swear to lawd, if you say "lol i use a friends" I will beat you up.

Posted by Demonblade

hahaha...nope, mine is 100% mine funded purely on 2006's federal tax refund lol. Oh, and my gamertag is "Apollyons Chaos".

k good, I'll have to remember that. Hopefully getting back into Live, which is why I asked.

Posted by Demonblade

Yeah, i havent been on much lately. Trying to focus on getting my ratings at work. Whats your gamertag btw?

Vampiro V Empire because I'm creative!

Posted by Demonblade

haha...cool cool, alright man the next time im on ill add you. Also, im curious what other games you have found entertaining. I know you've played GRAW and Oblivion...which i own.

The only other games ive played are:
DOA
Call of duty 2
Condemned
Fight night
Blazing angels
Hitman: Blood money

And of those, the only ones id buy are Hitman and Call of duty.

Pretty much only CoD2, GRAW and Oblivion. And some PDZ I think...

Posted by Demonblade

oh yeah, forgot about that. I played a bit of PDZ...wasnt impressed

Nor was I. I played against the bots for awhile, went online, never touched the game again.

Posted by Random

*Shivers* I hate spiders. I'd kill them by the millions if I could. I guess I hate centipedes more. Blah I wanna go kill spiders now.

I enjoy looking back and seeing how this conversation evolved from spiders in my room to PDZ.

Posted by Lord of Spam

A MOD SHOULD DO SOMETHING BUT ITS SO HARD TO TELL WHEN THE TOPIC SHIFTS OH WOE IS ME MY JOB IS SO HARD k i'll log out now, not do anything, and not log in for a few days that should fix it

Posted by Roger Smith

Hey Vamp is your room still infested with baby spiders, or do we have to wait another 6 pages before we see the outcome?

Quoted post: Hey Vamp is your room still infested with baby spiders, or do we have to wait another 6 pages before we see the outcome?

I haven't seen one in a couple days. So I guess not. Not anymore anyways.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You cast magic missle, didnt you?;)

Nah, I cast elbow grease and used it to make my mom clean up the rest of my room.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i tried so hard to force a joke about women being good for nothing but cleaning, but couldnt come up with one. So I'll jsut say it.

Women are good for nothing but cleaning.

My mom runs an office.

Posted by Lord of Spam

An office of cleaning, amirite?

National Network for Mental Health

Posted by Zeta

I bet she sucks at it, unless the office is kitchen themed.

E: Wow, Suzu Fujibayashi'd

Surprisingly, she's the best. Of course, she's being compared to people who don't know the difference between a printer and a telephone, but oh well. point stands.