Replace Sabredog with Iris

Posted by sabre

I can barely stand the sight of this place any more. I used to enjoy coming here but now it's a chore and a bad habit which I can barely kick.

I'm disinterested in moderating, and that shows. I've become incredibly lax. Besides, I have too much stuff going on in my life right now to make the effort required to drudge through the reams of crap.

So instead of having another jaded, disinterested super mod on the list, I think it would make more sense to pass the torch to someone who gives a toss. That would be Iris.

I've been talking to her and she really wants to see this place change for the better. She's passionate to see it get back on its feet again and holds the message board to value - in her own words, three years is a long time, and she doesn't want to let that go to waste. She has lots of plans for fairer modding and I think it would be a shame not to give her the position, she really deserves it, and would be one of the best (if not THE best) supermods on the list. From what I can tell she has a really determined approach which is firm but fair, which is exactly what the board needs right now. Board Help And Suggestions is a great example of this, being one of the best kept boards on the site, which is a testament to her ability as a moderator.

There are other members who would make great super mods (Kodachi, Xenos, Fate, and Hyper, to name but four), but Iris has the dedication, the firm-but-fair approach, and is a contributing member of the community without being so integrated that she'd be biased.

Me? Demod me. I'm nothing more than a null mod spot right now. I'm weary of this job.

Posted by maian

While I doubt the chances of VGC returning to it's prime, it's worth a shot. =/

Do it.

Posted by Xenos

I voted for no, do not demod Sabredog and let Iris be a supermod.

But it is really useless by now, isn't it?

Posted by Klarth

Hah. That was predictable.

Oh, and it's an honour to be nominated.

Posted by sabre

I don't think I caught the hint there, maybe you should make it a bit more obvious next time.

Yeah, you'd be good too. I was just trying to keep that shortlisty bit short.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah. Great.

Posted by Linko_16

Iris would be great, but it'd be more fair if other mods had a chance to be considered, too.

Posted by Hyper

Lately she has shown the most dedication and ambition. It's only logical to choose her. And, if that's what Sabre really wants, I don't see a problem in it.

Posted by maian

...:-*

I get on this site a lot, I swear. :(

But I can think of many people who'd be s-modded before me. And why keep Sabre, if he wants to be demodded?

Posted by Alastor

She'll get it regardless, but I don't care either way. I don't really see these "plans" going anywhere, either.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Alastor: She'll get it regardless, but I don't care either way. I don't really see these "plans" going anywhere, either.

But at least she HAS plans. That's the first step.

Posted by Alastor

Good point. Still, not getting my hopes up quite yet.

Posted by Dexter

Iris just started posting regularly again. I think she's a good mod but is she really as dedicated as people are making her out to be? She seems to be annoyed with this place too much. I'd like to hear from her to see what she says about becoming a super mod.

It would be nice to have a girl on the team.

Posted by Altinure

Someone can take my place too if they want. I don't mind staying a supermod, but I probably don't do as much as I should anymore.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Dexter]Iris just started posting regularly again. I think she's a good mod but is she really as dedicated as people are making her out to be? She seems to be annoyed with this place too much. I'd like to hear from her to see what she says about becoming a super mod.

It would be nice to have a girl on the team.

She actually wants to be.

Posted by Dexter

...but we can trust you, Altinure.

Does she? What are these plans that she has? How enthusiastic is she about it? It is a casual want or is it an ARDENT DESIRE!?

Posted by Iris

Just started? I've been posting on a regular basis for a while now, and even when I wasn't doing it often, I still did my job. I'm not going to be modest; I'd love to be a super mod. The fact that I'm getting somewhat annoyed with VGC is mostly why. Although I didn't come up with my current plans all by myself, enforcing them will be much easier, and I'm really hoping more mods are be willing to participate.

Posted by Dexter

k, that's all I needed. You got my vote. It'll be fun. :)

I also vote to de-super mod Altinure and replace him with Xenos. She'd be around much more to help out and she visits more forums. Is a poll necessary?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh my!!! :eek: :eek: Did Iris first register here as Amy da Pink Hedgehog!! :eek: :eek: As I always say...all Super Mods were once major n00bies!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Xenos

Kuyuki.

Posted by Hyper

Iris, it'd help if you shared your plans and what you'd want other mods to do to contribute to them.

Oh, and I vote we mod 007Ninja to the anime board, just for old time's sake. Don't give him any powers, though. :D

Posted by Iris

Enforce stricter rules without bias. A lot of simple rules, rules that we've had for longer than I can remember, are being broken, especially by a lot of senior members. We need to start deleting these posts and actually warning members. And I mean offenses like spamming and randomly harassing people, while contributing nothing to a topic, not the ocassional one liner. Also, intentional thread derailing and short, simple, posts consisting of nothing but "i agree," "quoted for troof," "win," and the likes. I think it's quite obvious that senior members are getting away with these, as well as mods on some ocassions. It's really about time we start bringing these rules back, and raising awareness, so members can stop acting like dolts.

Posted by Xenos

Hmm, perhaps we can install a warning hack? I've seen them being used around often. Make it anonymous to the use who recieves it, but availble to be viewed by s-moderators.

Posted by Ant

Xenos or Klarth would be much better for the job.

Posted by Hyper

I don't think Klarth should be a super mod. He's kinda one of the members who disregard rules and cause trouble frequently. We're trying to, you know, get away from that. Nothing personal Jack :-*

Posted by Kodachi

I wanted to vote to not demod Sabre but still put Iris up there. :(
He's just usually the person I see on if someone needs a ban or something.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: We need to start actually warning members.

You're going to love the next version of vBulletin. It comes with a warning system. 10 infraction points and you get banned.

Posted by Hyper

Just wait till it goes gold, k, Jesse? I'm using the beta now and I don't really like it. :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

What don't you like about it!!! I post on one vBulletin board that upgrades when ever vBulletin makes a new version and I can't find anything that I don't like about it!! I just like to wait until beta get's out of the version.

Posted by Hyper

I dunno, something about it doesn't seem right to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Kodachi: I wanted to vote to not demod Sabre but still put Iris up there. :(
THAT'S CRAAAAAY-ZEH TALK

I like the idea of keeping warning level anonymous to the person who's being warned, actually. It'd make it a lot easier to enforce rules without bias - people wouldn't go around blowing up in your face saying "WHO DROPPED MY WARNING LEVEL" or "YOU DROPPED MY WARNING LEVEL, I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME" or whatever the hell.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Hyper: I don't think Klarth should be a super mod. He's kinda one of the members who disregard rules and cause trouble frequently. We're trying to, you know, get away from that. Nothing personal Jack :-*

People can change. CHANGE. **** disregarding rules; I'm a new man for the 7939th time.

Posted by Hyper

No, you just want more boards. :)

Posted by Klarth

Nah, I want fewer boards. I honestly couldn't care less about intro or PSP; de-mod me from them.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: Nah, I want fewer boards. I honestly couldn't care less about intro or PSP; de-mod me from them and give me back what I tricked Jesse into giving me before.

Posted by Klarth

Nah, I'm fine for them, too.

Posted by Hyper

oh, you say that now, BUT YOU'LL JUMP AT THE FIRST CHANCE YOU GET

jk bby

Posted by Xenos

Out of curiousity, why did Linkman vote no?

Posted by Speedfreak

CAN I

[SIZE=6]PLEASE[/SIZE]

BE A SUPER MOD NOW?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Speedfreak: CAN I

[SIZE=6]PLEASE[/SIZE]

BE A SUPER MOD NOW?

[/expected]

YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WAAAAAAAAANT

Posted by maian

lol what about me :cool:

I remember back in the day when I was uh, a little more well known.

Dexter and Iris for the win. If we smodded someone just for the heck of it, I'd go with Speedfreak, since he actually visits the gaming boards.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'll say here what I already told her:

She's been posting at vgc almost exactly as long as I have, so she's obviously dedicated. She has a good sense of humor and therefore doesn't take everything seriously, she's a good poster when she wants to be, and as long as she's willing to take the position, I'm all for it. Just as long as she doesn't pull a power hungry mass censorship deletion thing, I'll support her. Since she doesn't seem like she'd do this anyway, I'm voting yes and will see how it all works out.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Sabredog: I like the idea of keeping warning level anonymous to the person who's being warned, actually. It'd make it a lot easier to enforce rules without bias - people wouldn't go around blowing up in your face saying "WHO DROPPED MY WARNING LEVEL" or "YOU DROPPED MY WARNING LEVEL, I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME" or whatever the hell.

It is private, when it comes to members seeing them!!!! I'll probably be able to edit the template to not show what mod made the infraction.

Posted by sabre

Okay, that's cool. The members not seeing it is the main thing.

Posted by Jesse Smith

They will only be able to see there own warnings, hince the editing part to make it not show who gave it out.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting maian: Dexter and Iris for the win.

I'm already a super mod. I was recently added along with Linko.

Jesse, I really think we need the super mod header back now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...people are just too lazy to click da link at da bottom of da index page!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Dexter

It's good for everyone to know who's in charge around here so they know who to go to for help and suggestions. Keep it easy and quick.

Posted by sabre

Speedfreak would also be an excellent supermod, actually. He'd be a great enforcer, he knows what's wrong with the boards, he's a lot better as a member than people give him credit for, he's not biased, and he -visits the gaming boards-. I think he'd do an awesome job as well.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I'd go for Speedfreak, too. I think we should make a poll with Iris, Xenoes, and Speedfreak and super mod the two winners after Sabre and Altinure are taken away.

Posted by Klarth

SOUNDS LIKE A MOTHER****ING PLAN AND A HALF.

Posted by Xenos

Calm down, good man.