Metroid know it alls

Posted by Sk2k52

This is easy. I'll basicly ask a question about hte metroid series, and the next person that posts has to answer it. If you feel the question is too hard, you can pass on it, and ask your question, and the next person that answers can answer both yours, and the question you passed.

I'll keep track of score, feel free to just butt yourself in :D

Question 1: What was the name of the metroid ability which eventually became Samus's logo?

If someone gives an incorrect answer, say so your next post (remember to ask a new question)
You cannot answer your own question.

Dark Kiry: 1
Zeta: 1

Posted by Kit

Screwball? (Screw Attack)

Posted by Zeta

lol quiz

A: Screw Attack

EDIT: Curse you ninja Dark Kirby >=O

Posted by Kit

lol owned

Ahh crap, cant think of a question =( I had one but lost it, screw short attention spans!

Posted by Zeta

Q: What is Shadow Freeze?

>=)

Posted by Colonel

A: Using the correct beam to inflict massive damage on !GAINT CRABS! :cookie2:

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Zeta: Q: What is Shadow Freeze?

>=)

Overrated Noxus trick that lets you shoot absurdly far distances by shooting down... sometimes.

Q: In Fusion, a broken glass Metroid tank was found by Samus where her ship was. Similar, smaller glass tanks can be found where (restricted zone doesn't count)?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

A: Using the process of elimination, I'm going to guess Sector 1 (SRX.)

Posted by GameMiestro

You are correct, sir, but you do not have to use the process of elimination since you must see them on the way back from Ridley.

Posted by Zeta

Those aren't glass jars. Those are Metroid shells. >_>

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Zeta: Those aren't glass jars. Those are Metroid shells. >_>

You know what I mean. I didn't say jars, I said tanks, which is clearly different then jars, and... okay, new question.

Q: Which Metroid Prime Hunters characters have their own ships? (you have to name all three, heh heh)

Posted by Zeta

Samus, Sylux, Kanden.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Zeta: Samus, Sylux, Kanden.

Kanden doesn't have a ship in MPH, so he doesn't count. The other one's are right, though.

EDIT: I see where you're coming from with Kanden. I guess I'll rephrase that to 4 characters, then.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Kanden doesn't have a ship in MPH, so he doesn't count. The other one's are right, though.

His ship is mentioned, and the only two ships you see are Samus' Gunship and the Delano 7.

Posted by Klarth

You see Weavel piloting something in the intro...

Posted by Zeta

Pfft, that's not a ship, that's a little jet bike thing.

Posted by Klarth

And then there's that character who might or might not be Noxus in Prime 3...

Posted by Drewboy64

Don't all of them have ships? You just only see some of them. I think you see Trace's near end or something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: And then there's that character who might or might not be Noxus in Prime 3...

It's not Noxus, that would be Rundus.

Posted by Zeta

MORE LIKE ICEMAN, AMIRITE?

OH SNAP

The other hunters suck so far though. I mean, what is there, a purple ghost and a big robot? Eh...

Posted by Zeta

Eh, I kinda like the big golem robot thing.

As a hunter though? He's a pretty cool character to battle it out with, but otherwise, not so much.

Posted by Klarth

What...? Links?

Posted by Zeta

You can briefly see him in one of the trailers.

*Goes to dig around for a link*

Back when the game was shown at E3. It was made public then. You can probably find it all on wikipedia now though.

Rundus was shown in the gameplay though with full VOs and everything.

Posted by Sk2k52

Ummm this topic sure got sidetracked. Three new rules!

1) To recieve a point, you must ask a question after answering.
2) Making posts that neither answers, or asks a question gives you negative points (unless it's to prove someone had a wrong/correct answer)
3) Do not ask questions that have answers that can only be judged by theories as not enough information is known. (Aka don't ask a question like if ridley has a mother or is the last of his species, or about the hunters ships as though only a few are shown, it can easily be assumed all has ships).

Q: What is the true origins of the Metroids?

If I recall correctly, in Fusion they mentioned Metroids were created by the Chozo to stop the spread of the X Parasites.

lol someone can expand upon that if they want and ask their own question.

Posted by Zeta

List the standard Metroid evolution path.

Metroid
Alpha
Gamma
Zeta
Omega
Queen

Er, Dark Samus fits in there somewhere. Either before or after Omega Metroid.

Uh, explain the origins of Dark Samus?

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Vampiro: Metroid
Alpha
Gamma
Zeta
Omega
Queen

Er, Dark Samus fits in there somewhere. Either before or after Omega Metroid.

Uh, explain the origins of Dark Samus?

Created by the Metroid Prime after absorbing Samus's fusion suit, am I correct? (don't recall if they ever actually confirmed where it came from, besides just strongly hinting)

Q: What is the reason why the Federation mysteriously stop sending upgrades halfway through Metroid Fusion?

Posted by Zeta

To prevent Samus from getting too powerful and destroying the SA-X.

Posted by GameMiestro

Two segments of "sequence breaking" (not really sequence breaking) have been discovered in Metroid Fusion. One involves the Speed Booster, the other involves the Diffusion Missle. What are they?

Posted by Zeta

The Speed Booster one is where you do all that Shinesparking, skipping the Diffusion Missiles and getting that secret message from Adam and the GF Official.

No clue about the Diffusion Missile one, though. :cookie:

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, you kind of killed the question, since you answered only one of them. The other answer was that you could shoot one of the "balloon" monsters with an Ice Missle right as it shrunk, and then rolled over it, replacing the need for the Diffusion missle. Sooo... I guess it didn't really have to do with the diffusion missle that much. Oh well.

Name the shortest possible, functioning Metroid save code. Blank spaces don't count as anything.

Posted by Sk2k52

NARPAS SWORD

only password that doesn't use the checksum.

Q: What's the secret the Federation was trying to hide from Samus?

Posted by GameMiestro

The whole Metroid breeding program. Easy...

It's time for a fiendishly difficult one. Exactly how many unique Samus sprites (beams don't count, morph balls do) are in the original Metroid? Don't forget that Samus has different costumes.

Posted by Sk2k52

18 regular suit, 18 unsuited

36 total. This not counting the sprites that were rotated/flipped.

Now here's alil tougher as it's not as counting xD

What is a major error in the original Metroid Prime data files, and the game in means of storyline? This has to do with the Metroid prime itself. (It was later "fixed" when ported out of states, though the fix isn't considered canon by retro)

Posted by Pit

something about the space pirates capturing metroid prime yet they couldn't get the artifacts to get the metroid prime which the chozo had imprisoned meaning they didn't capture it LOL

ive no questions so I fail at life slit