The All-Purpose Anti-(Scene/Scream)Emo-(core) Thread

Posted by MetalVox~55

Hi guys, whats up? Been a while.

Anyway, due to my current situation, i've been relocated to a different city and job. The only bad thing about this is that 80% of the kids my age or younger seem to be in this sort of hypnotic trance. They all seem to think that it is ok to shop in the part of the store intended for females. They all think that it is ok to argue over which band or bands they have heard of least (true story, as I had to overhear it). The ones who are into the heavier Emu music are obsessed with harsh, biting chords that "espress their insider saddness and anger because their mommy didn't buy them a pony at age 4" and hurt my *******ed ears.

All in all, i'm dedicating this thread to be the Antiemo. :)

Posted by Klarth

Maybe you should actually tell them they listen to bad music. Surely if you're working in a music store you've got something playing on the PA? Throw some Evergrey on, man :D

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Klarth: Maybe you should actually tell them they listen to bad music. Surely if you're working in a music store you've got something playing on the PA? Throw some Evergrey on, man :D

Guitar Center radio man. It's Corporate-owned. I have no say in it. :(

Posted by Klarth

Whoa, that sucks. Well, just have your metal-elitist friends tag along with you and talk loudly about prog!

Posted by Shin-Ra

I just don't like a trend that supports me needing to care about someone elses' personal problems. Honestly though, I have nothing against so-called "emo kids". If they're into music, all the more power to them. I just don't want to hear their band or participate in their discussions over music. Now, when this stuff starts to cross over into metal, that irritates me mainly because it makes it harder to have a serious discussion over the topic that involves a middle-ground or even new stuff I might potentially like. Death Metal, for instance, is a prime example. Too many people consider Job For a Cowboy to be legitimate Death Metal, even though the instrumentation is, well, not. Plus, hearing people talk about "piggy squeals" (gore metal, thnx) and then attempting it by inhaling and making awful noises is pretty annoying after a while. This has nothing to do with Emo per se, but it does have to do with the general popular "scene". As I Lay Dying would be my example on the metal issue.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Wow, this is the best thread...EVER!!! :D

Posted by Fate

I dunno, I like Fall Out Boy. :dunno:

Posted by Ant

The Pro-(Scene/Scream)Emo-(core) thread is thata way -points to non-exisitant thread-

oh, and lol emo is gay.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Too many people consider Job For a Cowboy to be legitimate Death Metal, even though the instrumentation is, well, not. Plus, hearing people talk about "piggy squeals" (gore metal, thnx)

Piggy squeals are also part of the technical death metal/hardcore/metalcore scene. Which is pretty much what that band falls under. Either way, they're absolutely terrible. So is a lot of emo/whatever music, which is a shame since I hear it often around here.

Posted by Raptor

You only think emo is bad because you just don't understand it. Whenever I sit in my darkened room in my sweat-stained wife beater and listen to the deep, emotive words of I Would Set Myself on Fire for My Valentine at a Funeral Diner, I feel like... like... well, words cannot even describe it, just I'll just use a picture:

Posted by Klarth

Dude, they're so overrated. My Loving Hate Tears of Loving Chemical Hatred are totally better.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=MetalVox~55]Hi guys, whats up? Been a while.

Anyway, due to my current situation, i've been relocated to a different city and job. The only bad thing about this is that 80% of the kids my age or younger seem to be in this sort of hypnotic trance. They all seem to think that it is ok to shop in the part of the store intended for females. They all think that it is ok to argue over which band or bands they have heard of least (true story, as I had to overhear it). The ones who are into the heavier Emu music are obsessed with harsh, biting chords that "espress their insider saddness and anger because their mommy didn't buy them a pony at age 4" and hurt my *******ed ears.

All in all, i'm dedicating this thread to be the Antiemo. :)

Let me guess: you're in California?