i r lerning

Posted by Lord of Spam

"I just think it's stupid to intentionally make yourself even a bit dumber to have fun."

Kodachi, **** yourself. You obviously have no idea what any sort of drug use is like. Its not about making one's self dumber. Most drugs release chemicals in the brain that cause one to feel good. Its the same end result as doing something enjoyable, only MUCH more intense and perceptible. So shut the **** up with the LOL DRUGS MAK U DUM bull**** until you have done it and know what its like.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Lord of Spam: "I just think it's stupid to intentionally make yourself even a bit dumber to have fun."

Kodachi, **** yourself. You obviously have no idea what any sort of drug use is like. Its not about making one's self dumber. Most drugs release chemicals in the brain that cause one to feel good. Its the same end result as doing something enjoyable, only MUCH more intense and perceptible. So shut the **** up with the LOL DRUGS MAK U DUM bull**** until you have done it and know what its like.

Dear LoS

Upon notice that you have, once again, decided to embarass yourself, I will have to bring this up:

(__|__)<- this is your butt, it is very fat.

love poco
xoxoxoxo

Posted by Xenos

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/Xuphansa/Misc/GrenadeToss.jpg[/IMG]

made it myself

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Shoulda been furries lying on the dirt.

Posted by Lord of Spam

if i werent so lazy and tired right now, i'd post the pic of fry squiting.

you know the one

I see what you did there

Posted by Last Fog

Basically her point is still legit, if you don't get so technical. She's saying its pathetic that in order to enjoy yourself you have to get intoxicated or high.

In other words, some people are too much of a boring and shallow douchebag who dont know how to enjoy life without being ****ed up and out of normal state of mind.

Nothing personal, though. ;)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Once again, **** yourself. You dont know anything about it, obviously. I can and do have plenty of fun without it, since I do it about once a month at most. Its like eating out. If you do it every now and then, its a fun, interesting thing to do. If you do it everyday, it not only becomes less fun, but hurts your health.

Besides, its not like it just "makes you have fun" or anything retarded like that. Its a whole different ballgame when you're high. If there were some other way to obtain the same feeling, I'd go for it, but there isnt.

All the little kids here who think that they know what they're talking about need to shut the hell up about it.

Posted by Demonblade

ive never done any illicit drug and i dont really have any intent to, although i have considered trying absinthe next year when i turn 21.

Posted by Ant

Drugs are bad. mmkay.

Posted by The Judge

I am totally against the usage of drugs.

But if you wanna use them, I won't crucify you.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Lord of Spam: if i werent so lazy and tired right now, i'd post the pic of fry squiting.

you know the one

I'll show ye...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/AntmanMadness/isee.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Xero

Quoting Ant: Drugs are bad. mmkay.

Tsk. You should have posted that Fry picture on this one too. I would have stopped right away ;)

Posted by Raptor

I am all for leading the war against the war on the war on drugs.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: "I just think it's stupid to intentionally make yourself even a bit dumber to have fun."

Kodachi, **** yourself. You obviously have no idea what any sort of drug use is like. Its not about making one's self dumber. Most drugs release chemicals in the brain that cause one to feel good. Its the same end result as doing something enjoyable, only MUCH more intense and perceptible. So shut the **** up with the LOL DRUGS MAK U DUM bull****

You think that just because I haven't done drugs, I can't say anything about it? While "YOO DUN NOOOOOO ME" might work for a fat redneck woman on the Jerry Springer show, it's quite different in real life. I'm well aware that you're not standing around saying "oll guys lets get dum now" but when you decide to do drugs, a "side effect" would be that you're making yourself slightly dumber. Permanently. I know it's not a huge amount, but even the slightest bit is just pointless. Why should there be a cost like that to having fun? Let me guess.. "IT MITE BE BAD BUT IT FEELZ REALLY GUD"

Quoted post: until you have done it and know what its like.

Only when you stop knocking suicide until you've tried it and know what it's like. Get back to me on that one.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, there isnt much if any long term damage associated with occasional recreational wacky tabacky use. I had a 4.8gpa and a 1400 sat before i smoked, and its not like I've suddenly turned into some drooling moron. If you know what you're doing and dont go overboard, theres no real drawbacks to speak of.

I havent knocked suicide, ever. In fact, I see plenty of situations where its a viable alternative. So, uh, get back to me when you can stop putting words into my mouth.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Kodachi]Only when you stop knocking suicide until you've tried it and know what it's like. Get back to me on that one.
LoS has done drugs and he's not dead yet.

Get back to me on that one.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Actually, there isnt much if any long term damage associated with occasional recreational wacky tabacky use. I had a 4.8gpa and a 1400 sat before i smoked, and its not like I've suddenly turned into some drooling moron. If you know what you're doing and dont go overboard, theres no real drawbacks to speak of.

I havent knocked suicide, ever. In fact, I see plenty of situations where its a viable alternative. So, uh, get back to me when you can stop putting words into my mouth.

I don't care how little it is, really. It's just not worth it if there is any. I'm not saying that occasional use will turn you into a drolling idiot. In fact, I stated that it wouldn't, earlier. I just don't think that losing any amount(no matter how small) of intelligence because of something like that is worth it.

You missed my point. It's quite possible to say something would be stupid and pointless without trying it.

Quoted post: LoS has done drugs and he's not dead yet.

Get back to me on that one.

Same thing. You missed my point. He said that I couldn't talk bad about drugs because I haven't tried them, suggesting that I might like it if I tried it. I wasn't comparing them in terms of their result. Also, I was telling him to kill himself :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Once again, you cant say it isnt worth it because the only real way you can know what its like is to try it. You may THINK you can say that its not worth it, but since that requires you to know the things you're comparing, and theres no other way to know what drug use is like, you cant really make that statement with any degreee of certainty.

Also, if you're going to tell someone to kill themselves, dont be a little ****ing wuss about it. Just tell them to do it. Like this.

Kill yourself, you ignorant little ****stain, before you manage to reproduce and further impose your idiocy on an already overburdened society.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Once again, you cant say it isnt worth it because the only real way you can know what its like is to try it. You may THINK you can say that its not worth it, but since that requires you to know the things you're comparing, and theres no other way to know what drug use is like, you cant really make that statement with any degreee of certainty.
No, I really don't. I've seen people high, and it just doesn't look appealing. I don't want to look like that, and I don't want to make myself permanently dumber, for pretty much any reason. I see the results in other people, and that's all I really need(like the suicide example. We all know the result when other people do it, and I'm rather sure I wouldn't want to do it based on that)

[quote]Also, if you're going to tell someone to kill themselves, dont be a little ****ing wuss about it. Just tell them to do it. Like this.

Kill yourself, you ignorant little ****stain, before you manage to reproduce and further impose your idiocy on an already overburdened society.

Yeah, but I wanted to do it without failing miserably.

Posted by Sterling

It's hard to win an argument with you. :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: No, I really don't. I've seen people high, and it just doesn't look appealing. I don't want to look like that, and I don't want to make myself permanently dumber, for pretty much any reason. I see the results in other people, and that's all I really need(like the suicide example. We all know the result when other people do it, and I'm rather sure I wouldn't want to do it based on that)

Yeah, but I wanted to do it without failing miserably.

Once again, you dont know what its like. You know what it looks like but thats a completely different thing. Its like passing up the most delicious food that has ever been prepared because it doesnt look nice. Sure, it may not LOOK appealing, but if you stop being a baby about it and do it anyway, its incredibly rewarding.

Also, lol at failing at trying not to fail. Good job on that one.

Posted by Fate

I'm sure we're both loling at how you call someone a failure when you do something like drugs. :)

Quoted post: I'm sure we're both loling at how you call someone a failure when you do something like drugs.

... that's so retarded. You know you can take drugs and be pretty successful right? It's not just teens and high-school dropouts that smoke pot.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Princess Fate: I'm sure we're both loling at how you call someone a failure when you do something like drugs. :)

I'm sure you werent serious, and were jsut trying to illustrate the exact sort of moronic, close minded idiocy that was the prompt for this thread. Thank you for clearly showing everyone the sort of imbecilic statements that I was refering to.

nah jk **** you.

Posted by Iris

Holy ****, NOT EVERYONE GETS HAPPY WHEN THEY SMOKE WEED

Posted by Lord of Spam

Truth. Some poeple just get really mellow. Some people start to think about things deeper than they normally do. Some people just want to eat everythig in sight. The point, whoever, was that automatically assuming that having done drugs makes you a bad person is retarded, which was the point i brought up in another thread, and then felt like yelling at kodachi, which i did here in the flame board. So, if i may quote someone, "suck my balls"

Posted by Iris

I'm not saying it makes you a bad person, but the pleasure is only fleeting. I honestly can't see why it's worth a growing tolerance and dependency.

Also, Kodachi was never arguing that it makes you a bad person either, only that a brief moment of pleasure isn't worth any loss of braincells.

Posted by Lord of Spam

EVERYTHING is fleeting. There is nothing that lasts that you can prove (LOL HEAVAN isnt a reasonable response for the purposes of this argument). So why not? Once again you rely on LOL BRAIN DAMAGE which, when you do it as rarely as I do, isnt an issue. And as for tolerance and dependancy, ONCE AGAIN, do it right and its not an issue. I have neither a tolerance NOR dependancy.

So there go your arguments. What else you got?

Posted by Iris

Who cares if everything is fleeting? Spending money and damaging any amount of braincells can hardly be called pleasure. There's tons of other things you can find pleasure in. Try any hobbies? Exercising? Have you ever heard of the runner's high?

Also, the doing it right thing is total bull****. Legalizing a drug doesn't mean it'll ever be used properly. Tolerance and dependency is going to be a problem regardless, for some people.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: Try any hobbies? Exercising? Have you ever heard of the runner's high?

all cost money, are fleeting, and have some sort of negative reprecussion. By your own logic, i shouldnt do any of them, then.

Quoting Iris: Also, the doing it right thing is total bull****. Legalizing a drug doesn't mean it'll ever be used properly. Tolerance and dependency is going to be a problem regardless, for some people.

tell that to all the perfectly fine, functioning members of society that use various things. And besides, the fact that some are too retarded to use properly never stopped things like, oh, ALCOHOL AND CIGARETTES from being legal.

And before you start the LOL BUT THEY WERE ALWAYS LEGAL idiocy, so was pot. It only became illegal when dupont came up with nylon rope and didnt want to have to fight the cheaper, more efficient hemp, and started the ZOMG DRUGS ARE BAD idiocy that has crippled the nation ever since.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Once again, you dont know what its like. You know what it looks like but thats a completely different thing. Its like passing up the most delicious food that has ever been prepared because it doesnt look nice. Sure, it may not LOOK appealing, but if you stop being a baby about it and do it anyway, its incredibly rewarding.

Also, lol at failing at trying not to fail. Good job on that one.

What a terrible analogy. I'm doing it because the RESULT looks rather ugly, not the actual product. If I saw someone eat something and they started throwing up, but they said it tasted really good, I wouldn't try it. If you're willing to pay any amount of brain cells to have a good time(NO MATTER HOW FEW CELLS OR HOW MUCH FUN) then I pity you. Don't give me that "BUT OMG U DON NO HOW GUD IT IS" bull****. Nothing like that can be worth making myself permanently dumber.

Quoted post: ... that's so retarded. You know you can take drugs and be pretty successful right? It's not just teens and high-school dropouts that smoke pot.

Yeah, but their success probably isn't a result of their smoking. Nobody gets a job because of how much weed they smoked. I see it as making a ****ty life desicion. That doesn't mean they are a complete failure at life. It just means they are an idiot in terms of how they chose to do drugs.

Quoted post: The point, whoever, was that automatically assuming that having done drugs makes you a bad person is retarded, which was the point i brought up in another thread, and then felt like yelling at kodachi, which i did here in the flame board.

Yeah, because I went around saying that doing drugs makes you a horrible person and you should die, right? You're piling my objection with every other one out there without actually listening. What the **** is wrong with you?

Quoted post: So why not? Once again you rely on LOL BRAIN DAMAGE which, when you do it as rarely as I do, isnt an issue.

ANY amount of damage to the brain makes it not worth it, to me.

Quoted post: all cost money, are fleeting, and have some sort of negative reprecussion. By your own logic, i shouldnt do any of them, then.

No, the difference comes when you weigh the rewards with the concequences. Spending money to see a movie with friends is worth it, even though it may be expensive. However, losing brain cells to have some fun just doesn't seem worth it at all. I can think of other ways to do it that doesn't have such a bad concequence.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: What a terrible analogy. I'm doing it because the RESULT looks rather ugly, not the actual product. If I saw someone eat something and they started throwing up, but they said it tasted really good, I wouldn't try it. If you're willing to pay any amount of brain cells to have a good time(NO MATTER HOW FEW CELLS OR HOW MUCH FUN) then I pity you. Don't give me that "BUT OMG U DON NO HOW GUD IT IS" bull****. Nothing like that can be worth making myself permanently dumber.

I'll assume that you meant that you're NOT doing it and go from there, since otherwise it makes zero sense. And once again, you have used a terrible analogy. Eating (smoking) doesnt automatically entail barfing (becoming reatarded etc). Yes, if you smoke EVERYDAY and make it your life, you will get ****ed in the *** be the results. But doing it every now and then isnt a big deal.

Quoting Kodachi: Yeah, but their success probably isn't a result of their smoking. Nobody gets a job because of how much weed they smoked. I see it as making a ****ty life desicion. That doesn't mean they are a complete failure at life. It just means they are an idiot in terms of how they chose to do drugs.

Yeah, man, what were those idiots thinking? I mean, HAVENT FUN? what the hell is up with that? Geez, what a totally idiotic choice!

Quoting Kodachi: Yeah, because I went around saying that doing drugs makes you a horrible person and you should die, right? You're piling my objection with every other one out there without actually listening. What the **** is wrong with you?

Are you not paying attention to what you are saying? You've just said, IN THE POST I AM QUOTING, that it was, AND THESE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS, that "they are an idiot" if they use drugs. Now, see, the funny part is that I'm supposedly the moron here, but I'm not the one talking in circles.

Quoting Kodachi: ANY amount of damage to the brain makes it not worth it, to me.

Yeah, man, I'd hate to give up nothing in order to have a ****load of fun. Man, that would be awful.

Seriously, its not like smoking makes you less intelligent. IF ANYTHING, through more reading and studing, I have grown smarter after I started smoking. There are (rough guess, dont feel like looking it up) millions or billions of cells in your brain. If I can trade a couple hundred and show no effects of it in order to have an awesome time, why the hell not? You're acting like smoking makes you some sort of drooling retard after one hit, which is just the sort of drugs-are-bad-even-though-i-have-no-clue-what-they're like, after school special idiocy that ****es me off.

Quoting Kodachi: No, the difference comes when you weigh the rewards with the concequences. Spending money to see a movie with friends is worth it, even though it may be expensive. However, losing brain cells to have some fun just doesn't seem worth it at all. I can think of other ways to do it that doesn't have such a bad concequence.

let me paraphrase that

Quoting Kodachi: Spending money to have an enjoyale time with friends is worth it, even though it may be expensive. However, undergoing no ill effect to have some fun just doesn't seem worth it at all.

If you REALLY want to worry about your precious brain, think about the fact that most of what hollywood spews out is intellectually devoid, blatantly commercial drivel with no redeeming value whatso ever. Add to that the fact that the excessivly loud sound tracks that tend to get used can easily contribute to early hearing loss, and what you are doing is paying money to have fun while damaging your body. Same as smoking. Or drinking soda with caffienne. Or any number of other things that are fun and hurt you.

Then again, I guess I cant really hold it against you. If I were as retarded as you, I wouldnt want to gamble with what little brain power I had.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam]I'll assume that you meant that you're NOT doing it and go from there, since otherwise it makes zero sense. And once again, you have used a terrible analogy. Eating (smoking) doesnt automatically entail barfing (becoming reatarded etc). Yes, if you smoke EVERYDAY and make it your life, you will get ****ed in the *** be the results. But doing it every now and then isnt a big deal.
Oops.
I didn't say it automatically made someone barf. But if you saw someone eat something and start throwing up, would you really try it? Holy ****, you keep ****ing repeating THE SAME INFORMATION THAT NOBODY IS ARGUING
I'm not saying that if you do it once in a while your brain will be completely wrecked. Why the hell do you feel the need to say it over and over again?
[quote]Yeah, man, what were those idiots thinking? I mean, HAVENT FUN? what the hell is up with that? Geez, what a totally idiotic choice!
Yeah, and it only costs..brain cells that are irreplacable! What a deal!
[quote]Are you not paying attention to what you are saying? You've just said, IN THE POST I AM QUOTING, that it was, AND THESE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS, that "they are an idiot" if they use drugs. Now, see, the funny part is that I'm supposedly the moron here, but I'm not the one talking in circles.
Since when did "idiot"= "horrible person who should die?"

As I said, they are an idiot with respect to their decision to do drugs. That doesn't make them a complete failure at life.
[quote]Yeah, man, I'd hate to give up nothing in order to have a ****load of fun. Man, that would be awful.
I suppose your brain really is worth nothing. : Seriously, its not like smoking makes you less intelligent. IF ANYTHING, through more reading and studing, I have grown smarter after I started smoking. There are (rough guess, dont feel like looking it up) millions or billions of cells in your brain. If I can trade a couple hundred and show no effects of it in order to have an awesome time, why the hell not? You're acting like smoking makes you some sort of drooling retard after one hit, which is just the sort of drugs-are-bad-even-though-i-have-no-clue-what-they're like, after school special idiocy that ****es me off.
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

If you REALLY want to worry about your precious brain, think about the fact that most of what hollywood spews out is intellectually devoid, blatantly commercial drivel with no redeeming value whatso ever.
oll opinion
[quote] Add to that the fact that the excessivly loud sound tracks that tend to get used can easily contribute to early hearing loss, and what you are doing is paying money to have fun while damaging your body. Same as smoking. Or drinking soda with caffienne. Or any number of other things that are fun and hurt you.
Not all of them are excessively loud. And if they ever are unbearably loud, I usually cover my ears as a reaction. There is a remedy for damaged ears, anyway. Brain cells are a different matter.
[quote]Then again, I guess I cant really hold it against you. If I were as retarded as you, I wouldnt want to gamble with what little brain power I had.

At least I can read.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote]Yeah, and it only costs..brain cells that are irreplacable! What a deal!

And the loss of hundreths of a percentage point has... no effect!

[quote]didn't say it automatically made someone barf. But if you saw someone eat something and start throwing up, would you really try it? Holy ****, you keep ****ing repeating THE SAME INFORMATION THAT NOBODY IS ARGUING
I'm not saying that if you do it once in a while your brain will be completely wrecked. Why the hell do you feel the need to say it over and over again?

Your analogy is still flawed. If you take a bite, you dont barf. In fact, take a bite once and you dont get anything, really. Take another bite, and its amazing. Eat 20 pounds, and you hurl your guts out.

See, when you smoke the first time, you dont get all that high. From there out, its rad. Do it too much, and you get ruined. So get your comparisons right.

[quote]Since when did "idiot"= "horrible person who should die?"

As I said, they are an idiot with respect to their decision to do drugs. That doesn't make them a complete failure at life.

Sorry, I was assuming that you would be able to follow that I was refering to the general attitude that causes casual drug users to be looked down on. But I guess that was asking too much.

[quote]Not all of them are excessively loud. And if they ever are unbearably loud, I usually cover my ears as a reaction. There is a remedy for damaged ears, anyway. Brain cells are a different matter.

yeah, putting your hands over your ears REALLY helps block out the multi thousand watt sounds systems that movie houses pay tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for. Oh, wait, no. And there isnt really any remedy. Yeah, you can use hearing aids, but thats besides the point of the analogy. You're still damaging your body for fun. Same as smoking.

[quote]At least I can read.

So can four year olds. Now lets see if you can pull off the magic trick of comprehension:cookie:

Posted by Iris

[quote=Lord of Spam]And the loss of hundreths of a percentage point has... no effect!
Really depends on how much is used.
[quote]Your analogy is still flawed. If you take a bite, you dont barf. In fact, take a bite once and you dont get anything, really. Take another bite, and its amazing. Eat 20 pounds, and you hurl your guts out.

See, when you smoke the first time, you dont get all that high. From there out, its rad. Do it too much, and you get ruined. So get your comparisons right.
Way to totally miss her point. She's saying, if she saw something that had a bad effect on some one, she wouldn't go and do the same.
[quote]Sorry, I was assuming that you would be able to follow that I was refering to the general attitude that causes casual drug users to be looked down on. But I guess that was asking too much.
Actually, you were accusing her of saying that.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: And the loss of hundreths of a percentage point has... no effect!
Sure it does.
[quote]Your analogy is still flawed. If you take a bite, you dont barf. In fact, take a bite once and you dont get anything, really. Take another bite, and its amazing. Eat 20 pounds, and you hurl your guts out.
Holy crap, you really suck with these analogies. I'm not comparing how often they are being used. I've seen people smoke and get high, and I don't want to look like that. I don't need to try it to know that I wouldn't want to look like that. Another example would be if I saw someone eat something and throw up. I know that I wouldn't want to try it, because I know I don't want to throw up. It wouldn't matter how good they tell me it tasted.
[quote]Sorry, I was assuming that you would be able to follow that I was refering to the general attitude that causes casual drug users to be looked down on. But I guess that was asking too much.
You've been speaking to me throughout this argument. That claim is total bull****.
Even if it weren't, WHY WOULD YOU BE TALKING ABOUT THE GENERAL OPINION?
"Yeah, you might not believe this to be true, but let me tell you what other people think so I can argue that and sound smarter!"
[quote]yeah, putting your hands over your ears REALLY helps block out the multi thousand watt sounds systems that movie houses pay tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for. Oh, wait, no. And there isnt really any remedy. Yeah, you can use hearing aids, but thats besides the point of the analogy. You're still damaging your body for fun. Same as smoking.
It most certainly does.
Once again, you have to weigh the damage. We've gond over this. Damaging something that can't be fixed or replaced is a lot worse than damaging something that we have a remedy for.
[quote]So can four year olds. Now lets see if you can pull off the magic trick of comprehension:cookie:

I don't think you could possibly have been more hypocritical.

Posted by Xenos

LoS: For the love of cactus, dude. Calm down. :eek:

Its not just the flame board you've been going: "***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* **** ***** **** **** **** ****** **** ***** **** ******* ****." all over the boards recently.

Quoted post: LoS: For the love of cactus, dude. Calm down.

I don't think he's mad, he just swears from time to time.

Posted by Xenos

Well, swearing or not, he's been a lot more hostile lately as far as I can tell. I think some people out there would agree. :X

I don't think so. It's a debate. I mean, if LoS is hostile, than so is Kod.

Posted by Xenos

[quote]Well, swearing or not, he's been a lot more hostile lately [in general] ]as far as I can tell. I think some people out there would agree. :X

Not necessarily in the flame board alone.

I still don't think so. He's been just as calm and cool as ever. Swears the same amount too, from what I can tell. But from personal experience, going back to arguments, debates like this get tiring REALLY fast. When it's based on opinion it goes around and around in circles. So you end up getting impatient and a bit annoyed. Which shows in your post obviously.

Posted by Iris

No, it's not just on these totally subjective threads. I've noticed it too. He's been picking a lot of fights recently, unprovoked.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, just from sitting back and reading some threads I would have to agree with Xenos.

Posted by higbvuyb

Taking drugs does cause brain damage, personality changes, damage to the rest of your body, increase the risk of cancer, cause increased tolerance and addiction.
However, the degree to which this happens varies widely from person to person. If LoS wants to take drugs, and he judges that he expeiences these negative effects in only very small, imperceptible degrees, then there's nothign wrong with him taking drugs in moderation. However, I would not try drugs at any time, because I might be a person who experiences large amounts of these negative effects. People who do should not take drugs, as the tradeoff of a temporary high is not worth the damage.

However, as I said, if LoS doesn't really get affected much by taking drugs, it doesn't really matter if he takes drugs in moderation.

And stop flaming each other.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting higbvuyb: Taking drugs does cause brain damage, personality changes, damage to the rest of your body, increase the risk of cancer, cause increased tolerance and addiction.
However, the degree to which this happens varies widely from person to person. If LoS wants to take drugs, and he judges that he expeiences these negative effects in only very small, imperceptible degrees, then there's nothign wrong with him taking drugs in moderation. However, I would not try drugs at any time, because I might be a person who experiences large amounts of these negative effects. People who do should not take drugs, as the tradeoff of a temporary high is not worth the damage.

However, as I said, if LoS doesn't really get affected much by taking drugs, it doesn't really matter if he takes drugs in moderation.

And stop flaming each other.

Thats my point, kinda. Most people are too ZOMG DRUGS BAD BAD BAD to even consider it. Truth be told, I avoided alcohol and drugs because i have some pretty bad impulse control, and figured I'd get myself hurt. But, it turns out that I'm pretty mellow when stoned, and pretty laid back when drunk.

For everyone puppeting Mr. Mackey: You are using results of repeated, heavy duty prolonged drug use as a reason to avoid occasional, casual use, or to look down upon those do do partake in said casual use. If you cant see this, then theres no reason for me to waste any more time on you, since you're at the intellectual level of a ****ing bucket of horse ****e.

Xenos: meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh luuuuuuuv u

Posted by Xenos

SHUT IT, YOU. :mad:

Posted by Lord of Spam

sry bby i wuv u
[spoiler]MEHMEHMEH[/spoiler]

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Thats my point, kinda. Most people are too ZOMG DRUGS BAD BAD BAD to even consider it. Truth be told, I avoided alcohol and drugs because i have some pretty bad impulse control, and figured I'd get myself hurt. But, it turns out that I'm pretty mellow when stoned, and pretty laid back when drunk.

For everyone puppeting Mr. Mackey: You are using results of repeated, heavy duty prolonged drug use as a reason to avoid occasional, casual use, or to look down upon those do do partake in said casual use. If you cant see this, then theres no reason for me to waste any more time on you, since you're at the intellectual level of a ****ing bucket of horse ****e.

Xenos: meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh luuuuuuuv u

[quote]However, the degree to which this happens varies widely from person to person.
I find any degree to be too much to spend just for the sake of something I can get without that cost.

Posted by Iris

Also, even in recreational use, there's no gurantee it'll be used properly. Yeah, it's nice and all if you know not to drive drunk or stoned or anything like that, but clearly not everyone can. They're not just harming themselves, so why not prevent the situation from happening as often?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: I find any degree to be too much to spend just for the sake of something I can get without that cost.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/temp/kodachiwry.png[/IMG]

And to Iris, who at least tried to seem like she was paying attention: If you want to ban ALL substances that impair driving, go right ahead. Say good by to being allowed to drive while eating, or drive with passnegers, or drive with the radio on, or driving with a cell phone, or blah blah blah. You see where thats going? its all up the person. Granted, I'm not saying that its for everyone; just as alcoholics cant control their alcohol consumption, there are going to be people who cant control their use. But when you look at the proportion of the population of alcohol consumers to the number of alcoholics, its rather low. Just saying that there are people with problems isnt really a strong reason to avoid it (the exception being, of course, if someone in your family has a history of abuse, which increases your risk etc).

Curiously enough, all any of you would have had to give as a reason for not trying it was "dont feel like getting knicked by the ****ing rozzers" and I would have said "oh righto". Hell, I myself am paranoid about cops (which is one of the reasons i tend to keep my use both infrequent and low key). But instead you all hide behind the pansy LOL DRUGS R BAD bs, and it makes me want to plant by boot firmly in your arse.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Lord of Spam]And to Iris, who at least tried to seem like she was paying attention: If you want to ban ALL substances that impair driving, go right ahead. Say good by to being allowed to drive while eating, or drive with passnegers, or drive with the radio on, or driving with a cell phone, or blah blah blah. You see where thats going? its all up the person.
You can't seriously be comparing these as equally impairing situations. Eating, messing with the radio, and talking to passengers are all very controllable. You can't just choose to get high only at stop signs, and be perfectly fine the rest of the drive.
[quote]Granted, I'm not saying that its for everyone; just as alcoholics cant control their alcohol consumption, there are going to be people who cant control their use. But when you look at the proportion of the population of alcohol consumers to the number of alcoholics, its rather low. Just saying that there are people with problems isnt really a strong reason to avoid it (the exception being, of course, if someone in your family has a history of abuse, which increases your risk etc).
Unless you plan on setting up pot tents and having some one keep an eye on the person, or using it at home only, it's going to be quite different from alcoholic beverages. Also, it's a much bigger health risk than alcohol.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: You can't seriously be comparing these as equally impairing situations. Eating, messing with the radio, and talking to passengers are all very controllable. You can't just choose to get high only at stop signs, and be perfectly fine the rest of the drive.

Unless you plan on setting up pot tents and having some one keep an eye on the person, or using it at home only, it's going to be quite different from alcoholic beverages. Also, it's a much bigger health risk than alcohol.

If you could control eating/radio/etc, then it wouldnt be an increased risk factor. Now, unless you are willing to say that you know more than every insurance company, and the NHTSA combined, then I would suggest backing down from that position.

As for pot being a bigger risk: Its only really a risk for abusers. Users can, and do, lead perfectly normal lives. The same is true of alcohol and a variety of other substances.

I will concede that being high is entirely different from being drunk; after all, being drunk makes you less able to think, whereas being high makes you think differently. So if ANYTHING makes you stupid, its the alcohol. Which is legal.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Lord of Spam]If you could control eating/radio/etc, then it wouldnt be an increased risk factor. Now, unless you are willing to say that you know more than every insurance company, and the NHTSA combined, then I would suggest backing down from that position.
It's an increased risk, of course, but because you're not paying as much attention, not because you can't control when and how you do it. However, people can do this at appropriate times, such as at home or while the car's not in motion. Being high is putting you in a different state of mind, where your reaction time slows down and your judgement becomes more cloudy.
[quote]As for pot being a bigger risk: Its only really a risk for abusers. Users can, and do, lead perfectly normal lives. The same is true of alcohol and a variety of other substances.
True, but marijuana is much more likely to be abused. The result of smoking marijuana is much more enjoyable than other substances, which will persuade people to do it more often. Also, you can't notice any undesirable effects immediately afterwards, whereas getting drunk will give you a hangover the next morning.
[quote]I will concede that being high is entirely different from being drunk; after all, being drunk makes you less able to think, whereas being high makes you think differently. So if ANYTHING makes you stupid, its the alcohol. Which is legal.
Both make you think differently. Both worsten your judgement. Only one has negative, permanent consequences no matter how often it's used.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: It's an increased risk, of course, but because you're not paying as much attention, not because you can't control when and how you do it. However, people can do this at appropriate times, such as at home or while the car's not in motion. Being high is putting you in a different state of mind, where your reaction time slows down and your judgement becomes more cloudy.

No matter what, its still an increased risk. In fact, the fact that you CAN control it but choose not to makes it worse.

Quoting Iris: True, but marijuana is much more likely to be abused. The result of smoking marijuana is much more enjoyable than other substances, which will persuade people to do it more often. Also, you can't notice any undesirable effects immediately afterwards, whereas getting drunk will give you a hangover the next morning.

On the contrary, its a simple matter of priority and self control. In fact, everyone that I know that smokes does so reasonably and discreetly, with no adverse affects on their lives. And yes, you DO notice after affects. For one, you get TERRIBLE dry mouth. Likes, its REALLY annoying. And being drunk doesnt always yeild a hangover. I've been so drunk that I threw up, and I didnt have a hangover the next day. 13 shots in 20 minutes lol wut. (Also, notice how when I DID go over board it was with alcohol.)

Quoting Iris: Both make you think differently. Both worsten your judgement. Only one has negative, permanent consequences no matter how often it's used.

Again, you're just not seeing the evidence. There are plenty of people who use and are fine. Yes, you may lose a few braincells for every bowl, but so what? The loss is so monumentally small that it has no long term affect. Its like if someone were to take $5 from Bill Gates. Did he just become less wealthy? Yes. Will he ever notice? Nope.

EDIT: Pot doesnt actually worsen my judgement, but alcohol sure as hell does. Weed makes me more likely to be too mellow to do anything stupid, and leaves me lucid enough to know things are a bad idea. Alcohol can turn me into a bloody idiot though.

Posted by sniper

Iris's argument is fine... if you expect the government to play the role of babysitters. I don't want to be arrested for owning marijuana with no intent to drive under its influence just as I don't want to be arrested for owning a knife with no intent to shank someone.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: who at least tried to seem like she was paying attention:

That really couldn't be said about you, either. All you could do was group me in with the rest of the "OMG UR GUNA DIE IF YOU SMOKE ONCE" people, and you didn't care to listen at all. As a result, your arguments sucked, because you couldn't respond to what I was actually saying. Hig's argument contained parts of both of our arguments, after you agreed with his post, I restated where my argument fit into it. He said that it does cause damage, and that you just don't feel it's enough damage, really, since from casual use, it's a very little/unnoticeable amount of damage. I'm not using the results of prolonged use to cover casual use. There are certain effects that come from using it every time, whether or not you use it once or tons of times. I don't feel those effects are worth it, so I don't use them. Effects like the small amount of damage it does each time, the retarded look people often have when they are high, etc. We've went over that.

[quote]Its like if someone were to take $5 from Bill Gates. Did he just become less wealthy? Yes. Will he ever notice? Nope.
But does that mean he should go around wiping his *** and blowing his nose with 5 dollar bills? No. It's not worth it. There are better things to use that don't cost $5.

Posted by Hyper

LoS does drugs? NOW EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: But does that mean he should go around wiping his *** and blowing his nose with 5 dollar bills? No. It's not worth it. There are better things to use that don't cost $5.

ACtually, it would be pretty hardcore. just the fact that he was so rich that he can afford to do it would be amusing.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore. See sig.

Posted by Hyper

lol i adblock'd your sig

Posted by Lord of Spam

Would you like a cookie?

I'd warn against it though. The high levels of fat and sugar it contains are a pretty big health risk (with repeated intake, of course LOL) for such a small and fleeting bit of enjoyment.

Posted by Arwon

I don't need drugs to have fun.

Just to put up with sanctimonious ****ing prats.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Would you like a cookie?

I'd warn against it though. The high levels of fat and sugar it contains are a pretty big health risk (with repeated intake, of course LOL) for such a small and fleeting bit of enjoyment.

Yeah, and there's no remedy for fat and sugar intake, right?

[quote]ACtually, it would be pretty hardcore. just the fact that he was so rich that he can afford to do it would be amusing.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore. See sig.
Sad.

Posted by sniper

Do you have any evidence for the claim that marijuana permanantly damages brain cells, or are you just assuming that because it alters your state of mind that it must damage your brain? Everywhere I look, results aren't conclusive at best.

Posted by Fate

scientists must be liars amirite

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, great insight there fate. Continue to allude to these studies and use that same allusion as fact, but dont bother to actually provide any proof.

suck my balls

Posted by Fate

***, are you seriously going to go against common knowledge? It's like asking for proof that gravity exists.

Posted by Lord of Spam

on the contrary, I have evidence that gravity exists, i.e. the fact that I'm sitting in my chair. However, I've yet to see any evidence other than ZOMG DRUGS R BAD B& THEM THEIR EVILEVILEVIL that says that infrequent light use of marijuana can cause serious long term harm.

So, if its such common knowledge, come on, show me up. I mean, it should be easy right? Its SUCH a commonly known thing that there must have been HUNDREDS of studies with firm, solid conclusions that all point in the same direction. So go on, just post one or two, since there are so many and its an easy way to prove me wrong.

Posted by Fate

http://www.google.com/search?hs=LGo&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=marijuana+brain+damage&btnG=Search

Short-term memory functions are lost? :/

Posted by Lord of Spam

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth8.shtml

#2 on your list. nice job, dumbass.

edit: holy hell, did you even look at that list? #3 is "Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain", #4 says that it doesnt do anything, #6 says "FACT: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use"... it just goes on like that.

i guess I should thank you for proving my point for me:cookie:

Posted by Kodachi

Ugh, I read two of those sites on the list and they both contradict each other in several places. How annoying :(

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

"suck my balls" is MY RETORT

Posted by Lord of Spam

PRESENT THEM

And Kodachi, that only proves, at best, that there is no conclusive proof. So you can all stop running around yelling about how it makes you stupid.

What it DOES do is supporess short term memory. But guess what? Stop smoking so much and it comes back.

Posted by Fate

It's still a stupid thing to do. Doesn't matter if your brain cells are intact. :cookie:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=sniper]Do you have any evidence for the claim that marijuana permanantly damages brain cells, or are you just assuming that because it alters your state of mind that it must damage your brain? Everywhere I look, results aren't conclusive at best.

A close relative has done it most of his life. I see his memoery deteriorating at a ridiculous rate, he panics often and has trouble getting up in the morning. Oh, and his lungs aren't worth crap.

Aside from the hundreds of studies by scientists, it's really just common sense. You brain is perfectly balanced chemical soup, obviously a regular dosage of an alien chemical is going to have long-term effects.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote]It's still a stupid thing to do. Doesn't matter if your brain cells are intact.

"LOL HERES MY EVIDENCE"
"your evidence actually supports my claim."
"LOL IM STILL RIGHT ROFLMAO"

Quoting Speedfreak: A close relative has done it most of his life. I see his memoery deteriorating at a ridiculous rate, he panics often and has trouble getting up in the morning. Oh, and his lungs aren't worth crap.

Aside from the hundreds of studies by scientists, it's really just common sense. You brain is perfectly balanced chemical soup, obviously a regular dosage of an alien chemical is going to have long-term effects.

Did you even bother to read fates google post? Those reports you're referencing have pretty much all been discredited or questioned to the point where they are no longer accepted as fact. Besidse, pretty much everything has an effect on your brain. Chocolate released chemicals that create a sense of comfort and happiness, so I guess you shouldnt eat that either, since it messes up the perfect balance, amirite?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: "LOL HERES MY EVIDENCE"
"your evidence actually supports my claim."
"LOL IM STILL RIGHT ROFLMAO"

You forgot the
"LOL THE EVIDENCE REALLY DOESN'T REALLY PROVE EITHER SIDE"
part.
I'll still take the side of common sense and say that introducing smoke into your lungs and a chemical into your brain that makes many people temporarily high and hurts your short term memory isn't good.

Posted by Lord of Spam

See, the funny part of that is that I dont have to prove my point. disproving yours is enough to erode your argument. And since once again, it doesnt HURT short term memory in any permanent and serious sense. Stop smoking (or even just cut back) and it comes back. I know, since its happened to me.

You have nothing left to support your claims other than "I've heard its bad, so I wont". Which is exactly what I was complaining about. so thanks for pretty much proving my point.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Lord of Spam: Besidse, pretty much everything has an effect on your brain. Chocolate released chemicals that create a sense of comfort and happiness, so I guess you shouldnt eat that either, since it messes up the perfect balance, amirite?

Not really. Chocolate itself does not itself contain such chemicals. It induces the body to produce them, thus it is limited by the body's safety mechanisms. However, drugs are just a large amount of a chemical that directly influences the brain. And chocolate contains smaller 'doses'.

Quoted post: It's still a stupid thing to do. Doesn't matter if your brain cells are intact.

A lot of people do a lot of stupid things. That's hardly an argument in this case.

Posted by mis0

Well, if loosing brain cells is the argument, then this is stupid. Why? Because basically anything can kill brain cells. Spraying perfume in the air? Well, if you're breathing in that scent, likely it's killing some brain cells. Same thing if you're driving with the windows open on a busy street. Car exaust is fairly toxic stuff. Flopping down on your bed can kill brain cells because your head is accelerating quickly and stopping hard, even if it's on a "soft" pillow.

What a stupid, stupid argument.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro: A lot of people do a lot of stupid things. That's hardly an argument in this case.

The difference being that people actually do it to themselves, not just by accident or ignorance. Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything that makes me stupid, even if it's temporary. It's just a dumb thing to do.

Quoted post: The difference being that people actually do it to themselves, not just by accident or ignorance. Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything that makes me stupid, even if it's temporary. It's just a dumb thing to do.

No, a lot of people to a lot of stupid thing purposely to themselves. Or things they know have consequences but do it anyways. That's hardly an argument against pot.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: See, the funny part of that is that I dont have to prove my point. disproving yours is enough to erode your argument. And since once again, it doesnt HURT short term memory in any permanent and serious sense. Stop smoking (or even just cut back) and it comes back. I know, since its happened to me.

You have nothing left to support your claims other than "I've heard its bad, so I wont". Which is exactly what I was complaining about. so thanks for pretty much proving my point.

Yeah, except that you didn't.

I didn't say it was permanent. I also didn't say "I heard it's bad so I won't" unless you count common sense "telling" you that something which causes such damage, whether temporary or not, can't be all that great. Seeing as in this argument there isn't much scientific proof that can be used, I'm going to take the side of common sense and being safe just in case. There have been plenty of things in the past that people have used, despite how unhealthy they seem, only to find out years later that they are absolute **** for your health.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: Yeah, except that you didn't.

I didn't say it was permanent. I also didn't say "I heard it's bad so I won't" unless you count common sense "telling" you that something which causes such damage, whether temporary or not, can't be all that great. Seeing as in this argument there isn't much scientific proof that can be used, I'm going to take the side of common sense and being safe just in case. There have been plenty of things in the past that people have used, despite how unhealthy they seem, only to find out years later that they are absolute **** for your health.

Okay, so you're saying that having an enormously good time for almost nothing (except the cost of the actual herb itself) isnt worth it? Riiight...

[quote]
The difference being that people actually do it to themselves, not just by accident or ignorance. Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything that makes me stupid, even if it's temporary. It's just a dumb thing to do.

almost as stupid as posting a series of links that completely undermine your own argument, amirite? Hell, I think its funny that there is more than one person trying to prove me wrong (or whatever terms you want to use, you get the drift), and they are STILL losing to the person that is apparently ruining his brain. Hell, the fact that I'm still holding the argument against you successfully should show that it doesnt really hurt you.

Unless, of course, you want to admit being naturally stupid:cookie:

owned

Too sum up: You can't say it's stupid or it's wrong because there's no solid proof either way. Whether it's common sense to not smoke pot because it might be a major health risk is pretty irrelevant. That's your decision, and one that can't be used to argue against anyone else.

Posted by sniper

Is the new term for experiences you do not like "temporarily damaging?"

Posted by Vg200x

people do as they please.if they wan't to smoke,no one is going to stop them. it's basically a culture for some people. some use it as a pain killer and other's use it to feel cool and other's like it because the media has glorified it.so stop the rant cause foamy's going to win.lmao.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Okay, so you're saying that having an enormously good time for almost nothing (except the cost of the actual herb itself) isnt worth it? Riiight...

Learn how to read, then get back to me.
[quote] and they are STILL losing to the person that is apparently ruining his brain. Hell, the fact that I'm still holding the argument against you successfully should show that it doesnt really hurt you.
Oh, we are? Remember how cigarettes started out fine and relaxing, then turned out to be extremely harmful? Common sense would have told you that sucking smoke and ash into your lungs would be harmful, but that wasn't enough for some people. Besides the obvious lung damage from marijuana, just because you and I don't have scientific proof that it is damaging doesn't mean it is, but it doesn't mean it isn't. Your "OMG THERE ISN'T SCIENTIFIC PROOF" argument helps you just as much as it helps me. How many times must we go over this? It's as bad as someone saying "WELL WE HAVEN'T SEEN ALIENS SO THAT MEANS THEY DON'T EXIST"

It just seems that common sense would tell you that inhaling smoke and ash into your lungs that often causes stupidity(for the sake of this point, temporarily) and short term memory loss, WHICH ARE ALSO SIMILAR SYMPTOMS OF DRUGS THAT WE KNOW TO BE DAMAGING, doesn't make sense. I don't need scientific proof to tell me that something like that is a bad idea.

Quoted post: Too sum up: You can't say it's stupid or it's wrong because there's no solid proof either way.

Just the same, you can't say it's absolutely fine because there's no solid proof.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: Learn how to read, then get back to me.

Oh, we are? Remember how cigarettes started out fine and relaxing, then turned out to be extremely harmful? Common sense would have told you that sucking smoke and ash into your lungs would be harmful, but that wasn't enough for some people. Besides the obvious lung damage from marijuana, just because you and I don't have scientific proof that it is damaging doesn't mean it is, but it doesn't mean it isn't. Your "OMG THERE ISN'T SCIENTIFIC PROOF" argument helps you just as much as it helps me. How many times must we go over this? It's as bad as someone saying "WELL WE HAVEN'T SEEN ALIENS SO THAT MEANS THEY DON'T EXIST"

It just seems that common sense would tell you that inhaling smoke and ash into your lungs that often causes stupidity(for the sake of this point, temporarily) and short term memory loss, WHICH ARE ALSO SIMILAR SYMPTOMS OF DRUGS THAT WE KNOW TO BE DAMAGING, doesn't make sense. I don't need scientific proof to tell me that something like that is a bad idea.

Just the same, you can't say it's absolutely fine because there's no solid proof.

can we say.... booooooooooong? the water filters out almost all of the harmful effects of the smoke, and cools the incoming air down so that it hits easier. And since, ya know, those studies said that to affect your brain you'd need to smoke like 200 joints a day, I think it'll be okay.

As for your inane linking of tobacco and pot... its completely different. The substance in tobacco that cuases most of the cancer is nicotine, which is absent in pot. Not to mention that pot has been around for HUNDREDS of years. If there were any effects, it would have been noticed, but its only been since the american government decided that DRUGS ARE BAD MKAY that its been popping up.

Quoted post: Just the same, you can't say it's absolutely fine because there's no solid proof.

I've never said smoking pot was fine. I'm actually against using it. My argument is also separate from LoS'. I'm just stating that you're being foolish for arguing against him.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Lord of Spam: can we say.... booooooooooong? the water filters out almost all of the harmful effects of the smoke, and cools the incoming air down so that it hits easier. And since, ya know, those studies said that to affect your brain you'd need to smoke like 200 joints a day, I think it'll be okay.

They have weed vaporizers too, like 600 bucks, but you don't get any carnicogens and ****, basically like a bong, but filters out all the possible bad ****.

Though rolling up a joint or a philly is much easier and faster, and cheaper, most people should go with that, unless you're pro. Are you pro LoS.

Posted by Arwon

Fun fact: The first American anti-marijauna laws and the anti-marijuana campaign of the 1930s were backed by financial interests keen on promoting synthetic fibres and giving hemp a bad name. Moral outrage always works better when it dovetails with commercial interests.

Fun fact: You're destroying your lungs and having health problems merely through living in a city. City-dwellers' lungs are black, when they get dissected and examined after death by forensic type people.

Fun fact: Proving the negative health effects of marijuana doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Fun fact: Lots of unhealthy things are good and fun for us all.

Posted by sniper

I don't think they are arguing about that though. It was mentioned a few times, but as a tangent.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Pit: They have weed vaporizers too, like 600 bucks, but you don't get any carnicogens and ****, basically like a bong, but filters out all the possible bad ****.

Though rolling up a joint or a philly is much easier and faster, and cheaper, most people should go with that, unless you're pro. Are you pro LoS.

I'm not pro, but I have used someone else's vaporizer before. I didnt really like it too much. You just sat there, and you didnt really notice getting high until you were blazed. I like hookahs more, personally. You get the taste and feel of the actual herb, but without the burning and less smoke than you get from a pipe.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: can we say.... booooooooooong? the water filters out almost all of the harmful effects of the smoke, and cools the incoming air down so that it hits easier. And since, ya know, those studies said that to affect your brain you'd need to smoke like 200 joints a day, I think it'll be okay.

As for your inane linking of tobacco and pot... its completely different. The substance in tobacco that cuases most of the cancer is nicotine, which is absent in pot. Not to mention that pot has been around for HUNDREDS of years. If there were any effects, it would have been noticed, but its only been since the american government decided that DRUGS ARE BAD MKAY that its been popping up.

1. How many people use it like that, as opposed to just smoking it?
2. That just would rule out some of the smoke damage.

Oh, the studies that we aren't using because there's no reliable source and every page contradicts the last?

Yeah, because I was comparing them in damage and not in the way that people used them for ages without thinking there was anything damaging about them when common sense told them otherwise. How stupid of me.

Oh, so because people have believed it's been fine for so long, that makes it so. Seriously, what's your argument there? People believe lots of crazy ****.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, a LOT of people prefer bongs or hookahs for just that reason. Mabe if you had smoked more, you'd know that:cookie:

All of the ones I read said that the original studies grossly overestimated the ability of marijuana to damage your brain by using insanely high doses.

You are a moron. There was a king of england in the 1600s when virginia was being used as a giant tobacco plantaition (want to say king george, but have no idea honestly) said that smoking was a "vile and disgusting habit." There have been known effects of tobacco since it has been used. Granted, they werent on the level of "smoke this and get cancer" but the knowledge has been there.

And hey, you dont have to tell me that people believe crazy stuff. Its pretty obvious, since you think you're right.

Posted by Vg200x

could someone lock this thread allready ,it's just another lord uselessargument's and rant's *****ing fest with kodachi.. I smoke hookah and I know alot about it. with a shisha tobbaco, you can still get floaty and have the sence of knowing, I wish people wouldn't use them for drugs, I wan't to sit out in the park smoking hookah with out a cop or other people thinking Im smoking hash with it.if anyone smokes hookah and wan'ts to no the flavor's.. double apple,orange with get you buzzed and passion fruit with get you a body high,but it's a diffrent type of tobbaco and it cost a lot more. and if anyone no's what salvia is(which it's basically a sage), it gives a 10 min body high,but, it's legal to carry with you and it's really,really,really harsh and for a 20mg cap of the extract it's $25 but it takes like 2 or 3 hits to get the feeling, I broke my bowl and I really don't wan't to use any of my hookah's for it,if you would like to no more just tell me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

To anyone that managed to wade their way through that drivel: if you really want to know about hookah for tobacco, talk to //Phantom.

Posted by Vg200x

It's no better than reading threw your mindless and pointless drivel. and so everyone has a history lesson on the hookah I thought I would add this fun fact/history about it sence LORDSPAMAGE is the more soupier person here.
The origins of the hookah come from the north western provinces of India along the border of Pakistan in Rajasthan and Gujarat nearly a millennia back. These hookahs were simple, primitive, and rugged in design, usually made from a coconut shell base and tube with a head attached. They were designed to smoke opium, and hashish. The hookah made its way through the Persian Kingdom, which also included Pakistan, Afghanistan, much of Middle Asia and Arab parts of Northern Africa. The hookah acquired tombeik on its way through Persia. Tombeik is a dark tobacco grown in modern day Iran. Tombeik is rinsed and pack in the large older style heads where hot coal is applied directly to the wet tombeik, which gives it a strong flavor. The hookahs designed in the Persian Empire are still hand crafted with each one being cut from a piece of wood. In the 19th century, cigarettes were made easily available and mostly women smoked the ghelune because they were not on the go. Women used the ghelune in the home for entertaining and as a past time.When the hookah made its way into Turkey about 500 years ago, it endured a surge of popularity among the upper class and intellectuals and thus changing in design. The hookah grew in size and complexity and became similar to designs that we are more familiar with today. Brass and glass were added to the design and less wood was used. Intricate paintings and mosaics were added for beauty and elegance. The popularity grew into hookah coffee shops in Turk society two to three centuries ago. A hookah bar waiter was treated similar to a chef because of the preparation for hookah smoking. The packing and moisture was a skill, and it was considered rude to touch the coals. Hookah smoking migrated south into the Arab world from Turkey to Lebanon and Syria where it got the name argile. It then spread into Egypt and Morocco, where it is known as shisha. It is also know as the hubble bubble in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Today, hookah bars are social places where many people get together to discuss politics and local events. In Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, the hookah bars are for men only and in some Muslim countries, many believe that the hookah is haram, or forbidden.Most hookah smoking countries serve Naklia shisha. Naklia shisha is a combination of foreign tobaccos, honey molasses and dried fruit. The smoke is filtered through ice cold water to make the smoke cool and soothing. Older generations smoked hashish and opium, which has created a negative stigma for the hookah that is smoked today. Slowly society is accepting the hookah as more of a pipe for tobacco instead of illegal drugs. The hookah has been growing in popularity in the United States and Europe since the experimentation of the 60?s. Now they are in every college head shop and Mid East market on both coasts. It is also growing in popularity in Japan.
"Cigarettes are for nervous people, competitive people, people on the run. When you smoke a narghile, you have time to think. It teaches you patience and tolerance, and gives you an appreciation of good company. Narghile smokers have a much more balanced approach to life than cigarette smokers." (Ismet Ertep, 71 years Turkey)

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Lord of Spam: Actually, a LOT of people prefer bongs or hookahs for just that reason. Mabe if you had smoked more, you'd know that:cookie:

All of the ones I read said that the original studies grossly overestimated the ability of marijuana to damage your brain by using insanely high doses.

Oh well.

Ok, that doesn't mean it's not there, though. That also doesn't mean there isn't something worse, as well.

[quote]You are a moron. There was a king of england in the 1600s when virginia was being used as a giant tobacco plantaition (want to say king george, but have no idea honestly) said that smoking was a "vile and disgusting habit." There have been known effects of tobacco since it has been used. Granted, they werent on the level of "smoke this and get cancer" but the knowledge has been there.
Hmm, possibly only a small bit of damage was thought to exist? I guess maybe people thought "well, it's worth it to me, it's a miniscule amount of damage"
[quote]And hey, you dont have to tell me that people believe crazy stuff.
Yeah, I sure was right about that.
[quote] Its pretty obvious, since you think you're right.

Posted by Arwon

If I was high right now I'd show you what for.