Sigur Ros

Posted by Spartacus_(AceT)

If you haven't heard of this band from Iceland, you've got to listen to their stuff. They produce the most beautiful music you'll ever hear in your entire life. They sing in a made up language, which when I first heard of it, I thought it would be extremely cheesy. I was so wrong. This music is life-changing. My favorite song by them "Staralfur". DOWNLOAD IT. NOW. It's the first song to ever make me cry.

If there are any other Sigur Ros fans, tell me what you think of them. For me, there absolute and completely genius.

If you don't know who they are, go to their site and download their songs.(make sure the first one is "Staralfur")

[url]www.sigurros.com[/url]

Posted by Shin-Ra

Excellent band. I have their lovely Von and ( ) albums, but I fear I haven't listened to either enough to elaborate too much on the band. The particular cds I listed are supposed to be more ambient than the rest of their works, from what I've been told at least. They're both great but I have difficulty differentiating between the tracks as seperate pieces, but rather seeing the albums as a whole. As a result it's hard for me to sit down and listen to them without being in the mood to listen to the album in its entirety. I really should take the time to dissect those albums since I've had nothing but praise for them.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i have "agaetis byrjun" and "()". both are quality listens. the third or fourth song on "()" reminds me of eno's "the big ship".