Dead Man's Chest

Posted by maian

Alright, so I saw the premiere.

All I can say, is uh, wow. It was totally unexpected. I don't even know where to begin when I rate this movie.

First off, SPOILER

[spoiler]The whole movie is about Jack's curse with Davy Jones, but it doesn't...end. The movie cuts off like, halfway through the whole story. The next movie will simply be a continuation. Oh and uh, Barbossa walks in at the very end. o_o[/spoiler]

It was bizarre. Many of the scenes kept me entertained, but some were overly drawn out or unnecessary (The island with the tribespeople, and the bone cage thing) , or extremely fake. (Sword fighting on the waterwheel that rolls for half an hour)

I have no idea why, but this is one of the hardest films to rate I have ever seen.

Any of you see it? Discuss.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Seeing it tonight hopefully. I was supposed to go to the twelve o'clock showing last night, but I was asleep :(

Either way, the movie looks amazing and from what I've heard so far, it's every bit as good as I'm hoping it'll be.

Posted by maian

Well, it was..interesting. It was way more deep and into a storyline than the first. It had great special effects and acting, with an interesting story. I don't know, you have to see it.

Posted by Apathetic

I just saw it, and yeah I guess barrel rolling for 20 hours is kinda impossible. The special effects were really good, Im not sure weither it was really unnecessary but I still enjoyed all of it. Good ending as well :o

Posted by Demonblade

havent seen it yet...think im going tomorrow night actually. Im pretty stoked, johnny depp is a pretty **** good actor...and kiera knightly, well...the word "hot" doesnt adequately define her attributes.

Posted by Colonel

I saw this movie last night and i dont know where to begin.

!SPOILERS! - FIX'D BY SHIN TO THE RA

[spoiler]I hate it how Captian jack Sparrow died, but knowing him he's bound to pop back up in the 3rd film. I also didn't like how Elizabeth made out with Jack, and then Will Turner saw, AND THEY BOTH DIDN'T TALK TO EACH OTHER THE REST OF THE MOVIE! Davey Jones' beast was really cool. I like how Norington came back, and ended up stealing Davey Jones's heart, AND most importantly Captian Barbosa's back. I can't wait until the 3rd movie :D[/spoiler]

Posted by Dog

I hate spoilers. their so tempting.:(

anyways, didn't see it yet, hopefully will soon.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I, for one, loved this movie. Saw it at the midnight showing. Some people may shoot me for even thinking this but, I liked it more than the first.

And as for the fights being fake.... tell me what's so realistic about undead pirates, fishmen, and various other things about the Pirates movies. I say it was well done, very well done. :D

Posted by Crazy K

I think it was more of an improvement over the first. It was extremely long, but it worked out. I think the reason Orlando Bloom was shown through most of the movie was possibly because the producers wanted to bring him out more.

Anyways I think the first movie focused on all 3 main characters, wile the 2nd focused on Bloom (Turner), then possibly the 3rd will focus more on Knightley's character (Swan), then if a possible 4th film occurs, then maybe it will focus on Depp's character (Sparrow). Just my thoughts really.

Overall it was a fun and brilliant movie. I loved the sword fights and action that flew throughout the whole film. Truthfully it was step forward in my opinion. I gave it a 9/10. I can't wait for the next one. May, 25th, 2007. :)

Posted by Dexter

I didn't feel as though they were focusing on Bloom more than the others. I felt they were shown fairly equally.

Bill Nighy is cool.

Quoted post: I didn't feel as though they were focusing on Bloom more than the others. I felt they were shown fairly equally.

Nope. Depp got way more screen time than anyone else. Which is a good thing.

Posted by Tysis

Ok, I just saw the sequal to my favorite movie of all time. That movie kicked ***! A lot of people say they didn't like it for a few reasons:

(I took my Mom, Step-dad, brother, and girlfriend to see it)

MOM: "It didn't solve anything really, it just created more problems."

Step-dad: "Eh..." (He doesn't talk much)

Brother: "dat iz coool!!!"

Girlfriend: "I like how Elizabeth cheated on Will and kissed Jack." (Although I hope she is saying that because she thinks Johnny Depp is hot, its seriously making me doubt our relationship)

Me: That movie was awesome and gets two thumbs up. Even though my mom is right, I don't really care that it doesn't solve anything. In fact, I kind of like it. Absolutely Nothing got solved, and it is throwng everything up into the air for the third and final one.

But my absolute favorite part of the movie had to have been when Barbossa walked down the stairs, in all his glory and says: "Tell me, Whats become of my ship?" and then took a big chunk out of his green apple, which he had longed for since the first movie. I love the fact that he's back, Im not sure I can explain why. After we were back into the car and I said this however, every one got all mad at me. Obviously, they didn't realize that he's a good guy now.

Quoted post: MOM: "It didn't solve anything really, it just created more problems."

Why does it have to solve anything? She does know there's another one coming out within a year, right?

Posted by El Capitan

Overall it was good movie, kept me on the edge of my seat most of the movie. It had a much deeper story then the first. Had alot of good special affects with the mutated fish pirates and the big squid/ocotpus whatever you would call it.

By the end of the movie I was thinking this would be atleast a four hour movie until I realized there was a sequal coming soon. Can't wait for that.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting El Capitan: Overall it was good movie, kept me on the edge of my seat most of the movie. It had a much deeper story then the first. Had alot of good special affects with the mutated fish pirates and the big squid/ocotpus whatever you would call it.

By the end of the movie I was thinking this would be atleast a four hour movie until I realized there was a sequal coming soon. Can't wait for that.

lol me too wen they were all saying,
*SPOILERS AHEAD...*
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

LOL ALSO FIX'D BY SHIN***

[spoiler]aye and stuff to go the end of the world and back to save jack, I thought that they would actually show it in this movie so I was like WTF this is a long *** movie, but yeah, as it turned out they are saving it for the sequel!! I am so happy and this is now my fav movie ever! Also, I don't know why but I loved the fact that Elizabeth got to kiss Jack because.....Oh i don't know, but it was awesome! I don't know if it is just me, but does it seem like Miss Swann has some feelings for Jack? Why do I think this? Because she seemed sadder than she should have been....IDK....we'll just have to wait and see....I also think that Jack isn't dead because he is somehow gonna live and he's gonna come back in the third!....Also i thought it was so kick ass that Cap'n Barbossa is back!!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!! I'm so hyped for the third movie and I'm glad I don't have to wait like 4 years for it!! Only got to wait 10 months 16 days from 07-09-06...GO CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!!! [/spoiler]
Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest= 10/10

Posted by maian

By the way, for those who don't know..

[spoiler ] Text [/spoiler ]

Turns out like this. (Highlight)

[spoiler] Text [/spoiler]

So, on with it. SPOILERS:

[spoiler]Well, even if Jack IS dead, he'll come back anyway by going to the end of the earth, or whataver. Either way, he WILL come back. My guess is that he's alive, anyway. About Elizabeth kissing Jack, when she did it, it was only to distract him, so she could cuff him to the ship. Perhaps she does have feelings though, seeing as the compass pointed to Jack on that beach.
[/spoiler]
Eh. We'll wait and see.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers.

Well, I saw the movie two days ago and didn't sleep the entire night as two of my friends and my cousin stayed over, and I screamed at them to bring me rum...but either way, eh, I love the movie.

First of all, my only problem with this movie was on The Flying Dutchman, did we really, really, really need to have Orlando Bloom being whipped while soaking wet?

Second of all, Jack is obviously still alive and I already have an idea of what he does. See, as the Kraken leans in to chomp his face off with those massive rows of teeth, Sparrow had his sword out and sort of took a leaning step and jumped inside, hence he would fight his way out from the inside and somehow kill it during the next movie and get spit onto someone's ship and ask for some rum.

Next, I liked the return of Barbossa, but you could obviously see him returning because of his two shipmates (the guy with the glasseye and that...other guy) and the undead monkey. Although one could argue all three were merely comic relief, especially the two pirates.

And, I do have to say I enjoyed the kiss between Elizabeth and Jack, and must add that it was quite worth the wait. She obviously has feelings for Jack even if she doesn't want to admit them, and I would be quite happy if she left Will for Jack and became some sort of Pirate girl.

Lastly I have to argee with the people who said the first movie was better. Indeed, I believe the first one's film atmosphere was ten times that of this movie, it gave it that real dark feel and this one sort of lost that (even though the primary parts of the movie were in the ocean anyway) my point remains. I did like how this one was funnier, but they pulled the comedy off at the appropriate times and did it right where it didn't just seem random and instead an actual part of the story and plot. However, the crew of The Flying Dutchman didn't please me, their grotesque transformations downplayed the whole reality to what I felt to the movie despite the former being filled with people who could turn into skeletons. While I can't argue the special effects were awesome in this one, I have to give that medal back to the first movie, because I've never seen something as cool as the human/skeleton thing (especially how they pulled it off even when they were running through small streaks of it, standing in just a bit, etc. etc.).

In any case, that is what I feel and while the second one had some great scenes and all, I liked the first one better.

Posted by Arcadios

Well I saw the movie last night along with Click and it was really good.
Now all I have to do is watch the first one which was sold out in the mall today.:(

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Well I saw the movie last night along with Click and it was really good.
Now all I have to do is watch the first one which was sold out in the mall today.:(

You never saw the first one? aww man, you don't know what you're missing. Yep, I have to agree with sean on this one; The first movie was better. Although this movie did have more comic relief and action, it didn't replace or even add onto the dark feeling that the first one gave us. That is one of my biggest pet peeves; that sequels don't always feel the same as the originals. Just like Oceans twelve. Oceans Eleven was one of my favorite movies (that's another story) and I was fairly dissapointed with the sequal. (Although I did think it was was pretty funny how they referenced Julia roberts character to herself). But still, this movie didn't provide the same feeling as the first, although I am happy for the new feelings it did provide.

Posted by maian

On the contrary, I thought this had a much, much darker feel to it.

..Yeah..

I have a much more interesting subject and question to pose to you all.

As some, if any, know about Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, we will be seeing a fourth enemy for the heroes, and this villian is Sao Feng played by Chow-Yun Fat (is he like the only Asian actor left who knows how to speak English or something?). In any case, he is to be a demonic captain who leads a group of supernatural pirates, and as allied with the other villians must be the other half of the East India Trading company. Now, here's my question I wish to ask everyone.

In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End will we, the audience, finally get to see Pirates vs. Ninjas?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Sean the Wicked:
In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End will we, the audience, finally get to see Pirates vs. Ninjas?

Pirates FTW. :)

But you're right. And this means that a thousand ninja fankids will die.

Posted by maian

ohshi-

We better. Because then, Pirates would win, and the subject would be clear.

...Anyhow, I don't know what to think of that information anymore. =/ It sounded interesting, but from the way this film ended, I don't know why they'd introduce yet another evil captain with some form of undead pirates. I mean, they definitely didn't finish off this one.

Quoting maian: ohshi-

We better. Because then, Pirates would win, and the subject would be clear.

...Anyhow, I don't know what to think of that information anymore. =/ It sounded interesting, but from the way this film ended, I don't know why they'd introduce yet another evil captain with some form of undead pirates. I mean, they definitely didn't finish off this one.

Well, first off, if it is some sort of ninjas that Sao Feng leads (it could very well be samurais too, juding by the name Sao Feng which sounds like he'd lead warriors and not a bunch of ninjas, but in any case) they are a huge profit gain. Because who doesn't like ninjas? Even in jokes, ninjas could be a huge selling point.

And to answer your second point, they had to expand the East India Trading Company, and my thoughts on this are that Beckett wanted Davey Jones' heart so that he could command him to help protect his ships from getting attacked (East India Trading Company ones obviously) so that he'd make a profit. Also, he could want a supernatural entity's help on this because maybe Sao Feng is already making his life Hell and destroying his ships, OR Sao Feng could already work for him because of something similar to Davey Jones (a weakness).

Ah, my thoughts anyway.

Posted by Cruxis

I smell a sequel.

.....wait, that's me.

Anywho, I truely ejoyed the movie and The story was obviously much deeper, The badies where awsome, all my favorite characters returned, The combat and violence was much greater, the intangeled love story was a surprising plus & I thought the acting in this movie was actually better than the first's. Unfortunatly the one thing I was looking forward to the most, seemed to be missing from this sequel. That was the Humor, The first one had a zainy kind of kiddy humor but this one seemed to lack that. Obviously The considerably Adult eviroment, violence and dark love story, made it so that the childish type of humor (we all enjoyed in the first) was unable to exist. Never the less, I truly am looking forward to the sequeal and I am excited to see what kind of mutations and inovations await me in the next installment.

Posted by NeXidala

Chris there was a lot more humor in this one are you kidding me?? But, I guess it is your opinion....

Posted by Ayu

Quoting NeXidala: Chris there was a lot more humor in this one are you kidding me?? But, I guess it is your opinion....

I have to agree with Nex, I thought it was hilarious! But, like other people said, it did have a darker feel to it. Pirates vs. Ninja's would rock!lol

Posted by Bebop

This film was one of the most disappointing films of all time.

It wasnt funny. It was trying to be funnier than the first but instead of minor black comedy moments tried to be all slap stick. Fail.
Acting at times was unbearable. Namely Keira Knightly on he beach scene where the 3 men run off to fight. That made me cringe. Fail.
The plot holes and errors where in the thousands and just got irritating.

For ***s sake Disney, I wanted a good pirate sequel. Not 2 hours of context for the 3rd. This film is ****.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I have heard mixed things about this movie. Before the release there was lots of reviews about this movie being better than the first one and some others saying it was down right terrible. Now despite what a success it had on the opening weekend, I heard a lot fo people say the movie sucked. Now to me Pirates of the Caribbean isn't a movie that needed a sequal. The first to me was good enough. I had enjoyed that one a lot more. Sequals to good movies like that don't need it in my opinion, and are never as good as the first. Now even though I haven't seen Dead Man's Chest yet and I'm probabaly right about what I think of it before hand, I will still see it just so I can talk about why they shouldn't have made a sequal. I think the first pretty much ended the tale and left us on a nice ending that let us freely imagine what would become of the heroes in the first movie. To go beyond that seems pointless. There wasn't anything else left to go on, until now. And I hear talk of a third Pirates movie too. For ***'s sake Pirates of the Caribbean was good how it was. It doesn't need three dam movies. Sometimes less is more you know. But that's just my way of thinking.

Posted by Raptor

All the obnoxious gushing and hype I've heard over this movie makes me feel like I've seen it already, so I may as well save myself $8.50. I watched only a little of the first installment and got incredibly bored.

Quoting Mystic Hero: For ***'s sake Pirates of the Caribbean was good how it was. It doesn't need three dam movies. Sometimes less is more you know. But that's just my way of thinking.

Your way of thinking is clearly the opposite of Hollywood's way of thinking. In my mind, the whole principle of movie sequels basically translates to "WE'VE COME BACK FOR MORE OF YOUR MONEY BY MILKING AN ALREADY PROVEN SUCCESS FOR EVERYTHING IT'S WORTH, NO MATTER HOW BAD IT WAS." Sometimes, sequels are very warranted and are superior to the original, but most of the time it seems, the original would have done best not to have been disgraced by crappy sequels.

I'm honestly expecting Clerks 2 to be laughably bad, but I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

Posted by ccrocker58

One thing people seem to be missing: when Elizabeth was on the island with Sparrow the compass pointed to Jack...and if I understand right, it points to what you want most, right? Sooo...

Posted by Bebop

Congratulations on missing one of the most obvious things in the film. It was hinted Elizabeth had fallen for Jack.