~N. Korean Missles; Could a Attack on Tokyo, spell the end of gaming as we know it?

Posted by Mr.Microsoft

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=1]As we know, Tuesday North Korea Shot 5 missiles toward Tokyo as a test launch. Thankfully the test failed and the missiles landed harmlessly in the ocean. Yet, what If you missiles had hit Tokyo and even annilated most the districts? Video games like Zelda, Mario, metal gear solid, would not see there sequels stat-side if myamoto or kojima where killed in the attack. Unfortunately it is a fact that almost the entire anime and most of the gaming world originates from Tokyo, and a large scale attack on that city could certainly spell problems for obsessed U.S fans. Even more North Korea is likely to attack again in the near future. If successful, do you think that it could spell the end of gaming (at least as we know it)?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=1]or would gaming continue (without Nintendo and Sony) except in a xbox dominated environment. If so RPG's and Puzzle games Which until now have been a Japanese dominated market, would cease to be. Leaving a very western take on them, possibly driving countless fans away.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo's based in Kyoto!

Posted by Mr.Microsoft

[quote=Speedfreak]Nintendo's based in Kyoto!

Regardless, kyoto is near tokyo.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

And the loss of the gaming market would, of course, be the worst thing to happen from a missile hitting the capital city of Japan.

EDIT: Also, nowhere fucking near each other.

Posted by Zeta

Yep. :)

Actually, I seem to recall now that part of Nintendo is located in Tokyo. One of their first parties. The one that's working on Super Mario Galaxy.

Posted by Axis

No worries.

Ken Kutaragi said the PS3 would come with an anti-missle system. We're all safe. :)

Posted by Boner

Quoting Mr.Microsoft: [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=1]Thankfully the test failed and the missiles landed harmlessly in the ocean.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Key word: [SIZE="7"]TEST[/SIZE]

They tested 6 and one dropped after about 40 seconds (give or take).

So, did they really fail? No. Especially since their main goal was to p!ss people off. In this aspect, mission accomplished.

And thanks for typing in such small text, jack@ss.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Wings: And the loss of the gaming market would, of course, be the worst thing to happen from a missile hitting the capital city of Japan.

EDIT: Also, nowhere fucking near each other.

That may be, but kyoto is an anagram of tokyo[/conspiracycon]

I have wondered though, how politics and war and the likes could affect the video game industry.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Thank the good Lord that Kim Jong Il is a psychopath rather than anyone with any particular direction for his pitiful angst, and Koreans are poor engineers.

Posted by protomanv4

Wow I hope that dosen't happen for a long time cuz if the Koreans destroy nintendo we wont be able to know the Wii for a long time.

Posted by Cruxis

This thread is utterly useless.:)

.....No offense to you people.

Posted by Demonblade

Umm...yeah, this is one of those questions that you would hear in a Special Education class and the kid who asked it would be given a cup of tapioca for producing a brainwave with a relative IQ over 2 but less than 10.

Well, im fresh out of tapioca. This is quite honestly one of the most retarded questions ive read in a long time...honestly, do you the the entire gaming industry of the ENTIRE WORLD would completely collaps just because one city was destroyed.

BUt, i forgot...it is common knowledge that the 15+ million or so asians living in Tokyo city are the only human beings on the face of the planet capable of creating video games and anime....[/sarcasm]

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Klarth]You were the one who made it. Shut the **** up.

:) I had a change of heart. (well more like a bad dream about acting more retarded then I already made my self out to be.)

....Boy, Bipolar can cause some stupid choices....or is that schizophrenia?. Ah! who the hell cares multiple personalities are multiple personalities no matter how you look at it. Then again I can still hear my friend bill saying "Stupid people make stupid choices". Ain’t that the truth.