family guy lounge

Posted by way2dawn

EDITED BY SHIN-RA BECAUSE OF LAMENESS!

This is the all purpose, general discussion Family Guy thread. Post your opinions on the show, etc. You all know what to do.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Family Guy is a good show.

Posted by Colonel

I really don't like Family Guy anymore. They took what everyone liked about Family Guy and obused it until it wasn't funny anymore. Thats 3 seasons too many if you ask me!

Posted by Kanashuri

what did they abuse? I still think its hilarious

Posted by Fullflamealchemist

It's one of my fav show.

anyone there?

Posted by Zeta

You can see if anyone is here by checking the Users Viewing Thread thing at the bottom of the page. T_T

And yeah, while Family Guy has kinda declined I still find it pretty entertaining.

Posted by Arcadios

I like the show at times but they don't know when to stop with a joke.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I like the show, don't get me wrong, but it will never reach the awesomeness Futurama has attained.

Posted by Klarth

Family Guy isn't funny. Every single scene has a ****ing segment beginning "HEY LOIS! THIS IS LIKE THE TIME I--", followed by a whimsical flashback in which Peter does something insane with a prominent celebrity.

TV's most ORIGINAL animated series. Oh man, yeah, totally.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Fullflamealchemist: anyone there?

WOW YOU'VE GOT TO BE INCREDIBLY NOOBISH TO MISTAKE THIS PLACE FOR A CHATROOM. SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT GOSH GUYS.

I never found this show to be all that funny. It has had its moments, but I find it more annoying than anything.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Kanashuri: what did they abuse? I still think its hilarious

...did you even see any episodes that weren't from Season Four?

Family Guy is so funny.

Posted by way2dawn

family guy is ****ing hilarious

Posted by Alastor

Right, so this thing here is called a message board. The thing you're looking for is [url=http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/]here![/url]

Posted by petergriffin

This is my all time favorite show.

Posted by Klarth

I'd love it too if I enjoyed not laughing!

Posted by WackoHater2

Okay.. enough with the noobs doubled posting. Did anyone see the episode of Family Guy on Fox last night, where Chris joined the Peace Core? It was pretty funny.. especially when he started to sing and dance on the island.

Posted by Klarth

*peace corps

Seems to me that every Family Guy episode I've seen involves a character breaking into an irrelevant song for no apparent reason.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Klarth: *peace corps

Seems to me that every Family Guy episode I've seen involves a character breaking into an irrelevant song for no apparent reason.

Yeah, most of them.. but its funny.

Posted by Klarth

Not really.

Posted by WackoHater2

Well thats your opinion, your entitled to it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Booyaka619: Well thats your opinion, your entitled to it.

CONGRATULATIONS ON STATING THE OBVIOUS. Life would be miserable if everyone had to say "it is my opinion that..." before they said anything. Get over it, if something's coming from someone else it's going to be an opinion. Even if it's a "fact" it'll still have some bias. Get over it.

Anyway, next person to treat this thread like a chatroom gets a lovely one week - month ban. Enjoy.

As for the show, it's really really redundant. Yeah the jokes are pretty funny, but they have no purpose in the story of the episode and they all start the same. I still like the show though, I get a few good laughs out of it (the Blackie Weather Forecast especially -- IT'S GON RAIN!!).

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Shin-Ra: CONGRATULATIONS ON STATING THE OBVIOUS. Life would be miserable if everyone had to say "it is my opinion that..." before they said anything. Get over it, if something's coming from someone else it's going to be an opinion. Even if it's a "fact" it'll still have some bias. Get over it.

Anyway, next person to treat this thread like a chatroom gets a lovely one week - month ban. Enjoy.

As for the show, it's really really redundant. Yeah the jokes are pretty funny, but they have no purpose in the story of the episode and they all start the same. I still like the show though, I get a few good laughs out of it (the Blackie Weather Forecast especially -- IT'S GON RAIN!!).

Yeah, Blackie is pretty funny.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shin-Ra]CONGRATULATIONS ON STATING THE OBVIOUS.
'cept this time it's not just my opinion; this is actually fact. The jokes are recycled every single episode, and every few seconds we're treated to a zany show of Peter doing something ridiculous with a celebrity, all of which open with "Hey Lois, this is just like the time I ____ed with ____ ___" or "You think that's bad? Remember the time I ____ed the ____ with ____"? It's not original, witty, funny or relevant. Ever.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I really hope you're joking and not being a moronic troll. Regardless, most of us saw that episode of South Park and already know that side of the argument without you regurgitating it.

Posted by Klarth

I haven't seen the episode in question yet. Heard about it, though.

I just don't find anything about Family Guy funny. :/

Posted by Shin-Ra

And you've already said that many times before. There's no need to troll around and act an ass because other people like something and you don't. No one gives a shit.

Posted by Iris

I agree with Klarth that they overuse jokes a bit. The show can be funny at times, but otherwise it's just kind of crude and redundant. It's fun to watch if you're waiting for Futurama to come on, though. :D

Edit: For the record, the black weathercaster's name was Ollie, and he was only funny the first time. :(

Posted by Klarth

/shrug. I guess that it's actually at least written to be funny, unlike "American Dad".

edit: what iris said about futurama

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah, I agree. American Dad was a real let down.. :(

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Iris: I agree with Klarth that they overuse jokes a bit. The show can be funny at times, but otherwise it's just kind of crude and redundant. It's fun to watch if you're waiting for Futurama to come on, though. :D

That's really the only time anyone watches it, really. :)

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Panic619: Yeah, I agree. American Dad was a real let down.. :(

Makes me sad that Fox picked it back up for a second season, and a fifth for Family Guy. I have extremely low hopes for Season 5, seeing as how Season 4 was recycled beyond salvation. What are they going to do now? Rerecycle?

Posted by Klarth

Seriously, what the hell is up with the characters in both shows? Their mouths are on their cheeks, for ****'s sake. Peter has balls on his chin, and what's-his-name has a very robust-looking tumour on his face.

Posted by Axis

Does it really ****ing matter? I mean come on.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Peter has balls on his chin

I like how they made a joke about that.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I like Family Guy just fine. Yes, you're right, Klarth. It is just a basic:

"Hey Lois, this is just like that time that _____ did ____ with ______ while _____!"

Yes, that's it. You are right. I'd be lying if I said the show didn't do that.

But it's funny. The stabs they make at pop culture, past and present, in their little cutscenes is freaking funny. If you haven't seen a lot of things, you wont' get a lot of the jokes. Like when Peter says to Lois that he is going to have Bill Lumbergh explain something to her, and he steps in and says, "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and stop complaining... Yeah..."

If you hadn't seen Office Space, that joke would mean nothing. But to those who have, we see why it's funny.

Really, the show relies on making fun of pop culture to find its humor. So I can see why a lot of people think it's not funny. But apparently the good folks at Fox think it's an okay show because I heard they recently got approved for another run of episodes, I think this fall.

Posted by Gollum

The first three seasons were excellent. Every since the show came back, it's been pathetic, and I bet that's what Klarth is referring to.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Irrelevant: The first three seasons were excellent. Every since the show came back, it's been pathetic, and I bet that's what Klarth is referring to.

No, he hates every fiber of its existence with the undying fury of a thousand suns. :cookie:

By the way, Season 5 starts sometime in early September. I forget the exact date, but they aired a commerical for it while the show was on last night.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Alastor: No, he hates every fiber of its existence with the undying fury of a thousand suns. :cookie:

By the way, Season 5 starts sometime in early September. I forget the exact date, but they aired a commerical for it while the show was on last night.

Actually, half of season 5 has already aired. The second run of season five is airing in september.

[url=http://epguides.com/FamilyGuy/]Source[/url]

[quote=Iris]I agree with Klarth that they overuse jokes a bit. The show can be funny at times, but otherwise it's just kind of crude and redundant. It's fun to watch if you're waiting for Futurama to come on, though.

I've NEVER seen a single episode of Futurama in its entirity. I've tried to watch it. It's just not funny enough to actually watch a full 30 minutes of it.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I've NEVER seen a single episode of Futurama in its entirity. I've tried to watch it. It's just not funny enough to actually watch a full 30 minutes of it.

Seems silly to judge it if you haven't even seen an entire episode. *oscar*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Futurama > Life

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Alastor: Seems silly to judge it if you haven't even seen an entire episode. *oscar*

I agree. That's why I'm not judging the show as a whole. I'm just saying that it is so NOT funny that I can't even sit through an entire epsiode without realizing that I could do something better. The show may be funny, but it lacks the hook that makes you want to finish watching the show. I've seen a few funny bits, but nothing that makes me want to know what happens next.

If I ever get a free 30 minutes, I may DL an episode and watch it just to see if it is as funny.

At one time, I thought Family Guy was not funny at all, then a friend "forced" me to watch a whole episode, and it ended up being one of my favorite shows. That may be the case with Futurama. Hmmm...

Posted by WackoHater2

Maybe I am just too simple minded and easily amused. I love this show. I never miss an episode. I laugh at everything. I dunno. Maybe you gotta be four at heart to enjoy it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'm reviving this thread simply because of the quote in my signature. If you have the DVD, check the commentary on When You Wish Upon a Weinstein, about the time Quagmire's car breaks down on Lois near Vegas.