The fuzzy lens.

Posted by keyartist

Have you ever watch a movie and its a clear image then all off a sudden the screen gets slightly fuzzy. Most of the time its in "chick flicks" But you'll see it time to time in other places. How does the fuzzy lens make you fell?

Posted by Xenos

What do you mean?

Posted by keyartist

Its a lens that has oil on it to give it a softer image.

edit: It gives it a slight blur.

Posted by Klarth

It's used when they want you to focus on something else.

I for one couldn't give less of a ****.

Posted by Raptor

It makes me fell like timber.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Raptor]It makes me fell like timber.

Timber is the name of my cat!

Posted by Bebop

This is the dumbest thread. Your asking how people feel about selective focus. And you can do it by focusing the lens, not rubbing oil on it.

Posted by mis0

Only idiots woul actually put oil on a lens nowadays, because it completely ruins the lens, and can produce unpredictable results. Selective focus, usually in conjunction with softening/warming filters is how it's done. And it's a technique that they're starting to move away from anyway.

Why does this need a thread?

Posted by Bebop

Are you honestly saying film makers are moving away from selective focus?

Posted by mis0

No. In romantic scenes, the whole "soft & fuzzy glow glow omfg" kind of thing is a trend that is going out of style. Selective focus isn't a film trend, however. It's a technique that can be used. Techniqiues don't do in or out of style. It's the way in which they're used, and you'll notice in modern romance films, they seldom use selective focus and warm glow because it is incredibly clichéd.

BTW, I've studied photography for two years now, I have ample experience with said techniques, and I know what I'm talking about. :cookie:

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=mis0viet]No. In romantic scenes, the whole "soft & fuzzy glow glow omfg" kind of thing is a trend that is going out of style. Selective focus isn't a film trend, however. It's a technique that can be used. Techniqiues don't do in or out of style. It's the way in which they're used, and you'll notice in modern romance films, they seldom use selective focus and warm glow because it is incredibly clich

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: You made it sound as if selective focus was going out of style as a whole rather than just romance. And although I dont watch romance films selective focus is still going to be in them, whether during love scene or not. I think you mean soft lighting rather than selective focus.

BTW 've studied photogyraphy for 1 year, Media for 3, Film for 2 and Television and Video Production for 2. I have ample experience with said techniques, and I know what I'm talking about. :cookie:

Yes, I worded it wrong in the first post, but I'm right.

Posted by Bebop

I can imagine them being used less during romance scenes but the idea of it being completely absent from an entire genre is absurd. Im still not sure whether you mean as a whole or at specific parts.

Posted by mis0

Well, typically, they'll use soft lighting and soft focus during that stereotypical "omg i luv u lets kiss" scene. At least in Hollywood flicks, they're moving away from this clichéd use of the technique. Of course it's not the case for every single film, and soft focus can be used effectively in many other applications, but that's all I was trying to say. It's just become very clichéd to use soft focus in romance films, so they aren't doing it as much, which leads me to assume keyartist watches a bunch of old romance movies.

Yeah, it was my fault for being vague there.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Speedfreak: Timber is the name of my cat!

It is also the name of a playable character from Diddy Kong Racing.

I truly miss that game. It was such splendiferous and flamboyant furry fun.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It should be pretty grand on the DS.

Posted by Vagabond

Contacts, please.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting keyartist: How does the fuzzy lens make you fell?

p!ssed. I just want to rampage.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Raptor]It is also the name of a playable character from Diddy Kong Racing.

Well we didn't name him after wood! Timber is a tiger, which is a big cat.