Strapping Young Lad finished?

Posted by Alastor

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=54611

Figured fans would be interested to read this. I've never listened to them myself, but whatever. Good to see Devin not putting his career before his own life.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

****...it'll suck if SYL's done :(

But, on the bright side...at least they'll be going out on a high note. The New Black is an amazing album.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh **** :( Well this sucks. But like Grave said, at least their final album was really great.

Posted by Klarth

If they end, it's a good time to do so - The New Black is probably the best thing they've ever done.

*salutes*

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: If they end, it's a good time to do so - The New Black is probably the best thing they've ever done.

Most people seem to think it's subpar for an SYL record. I like it myself, but it's no City/Alien to me.

Quoted post: Most people seem to think it's subpar for an SYL record.

Because people think it's too accessible or a sell-out album. Which, they're partly right. But that's sorta the point... and it still sounds amazing

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Vampiro: Because people think it's too accessible or a sell-out album. Which, they're partly right. But that's sorta the point... and it still sounds amazing

It's mostly just more direct, straightforwardly presented music. And it doesn't have the wall of sound.

Doesn't mean it's a bad album, of course.

Quoted post: It's mostly just more direct, straightforwardly presented music. And it doesn't have the wall of sound.

Thus, more accessible. But you're right, that doesn't make it bad. I think that album has a few of their better songs on it. Also, the different ideas they incorporated this time around are really well done and add a lot to the music (jazz swing line, for example). I guess, my only problem is that there might be too much "contamination" from his solo project. Though, that's pretty minor.

Posted by Klarth

How can you listen to "You Suck" and say it isn't a wall of sound-type thing?

Quoted post: How can you listen to "You Suck" and say it isn't a wall of sound-type thing?

There's a few songs where there is a wall-o-sound. But unlike other SYL albums, it isn't consistent throughout.

Posted by Shade

Eh, I could never really get into SYL. It seemed less music and more swearing with a bass riff going in the background. Granted, I didn't hear many songs, but that held true.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Oh man, vamp sends me some of their songs, and then BAM, they break up.

I kill metal:cool:

Quoted post: Oh man, vamp sends me some of their songs, and then BAM, they break up.

I kill metal

This was before I sent you some SYL songs, so don't worry :cool: