Megaman Folder Help

Posted by ProtomanV2

I've seen so many threads for posting your folder, but never any geared at helping people to make good folders. This thread will be intended for that purpose so post your folders and we will help you make them the best that they can be.

Posted by Gregaman91

so um your basically gonna help us with our folders, but i don't trust you, why not show us yours first so we know you're competent enough, no offense, I wanna know if your legit enough.

Posted by Minesweeper

It won't be just ProtoManV2 helping out, anyone can offer advice. (At least, that's what I gathered from the first post. <.<) [COLOR="Gray"]Unlike a certain other thread. -.- [/COLOR]

I don't know if we need a second folder thread... though this one seems more discussion-friendly than the other one. Of course, if Stal' hadn't turfed the original help sticky, there wouldn't be a problem with this. ;P *hintfixthethreadhint*

*flees*

Posted by Gregaman91

oh okay, me gets it now....But I'm still not posting my folder though

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Minesweeper]It won't be just ProtoManV2 helping out, anyone can offer advice. [SIZE=1](At least, that's what I gathered from the first post. <.<)[/SIZE] [COLOR=Gray]Unlike a certain other thread. -.- [/COLOR]

I don't know if we need a second folder thread... though this one seems more discussion-friendly than the other one. Of course, if Stal' hadn't turfed the original help sticky, there wouldn't be a problem with this. ;P *hintfixthethreadhint*

[SIZE=1]*flees*[/SIZE]

I can't fix it. :(

THIS IS NOW STICKIED.

Posted by Minesweeper

THANK YOU! =D *worships j00*

Alrighty, then, I'll start. I'm looking for general suggestions to beef up my MMBN5 folder a little. I prefer using PAs, and like a well-rounded folder - usable for quickly handling virus busting as well as stomping Navis (I'm not S-ranking yet, so don't worry about that). If you think of any that might fit in my folder better than something I already have in there, please tell me. =)

This folder setup isn't very good, so all suggestions are helpful. =)

::MMBN5 Folder::
M-Cannon F, G, H
Pulsar3 S x2
Quake3 F
Sword S
WideSwrd S
LongSwrd S
Katana1 S x2
AirHoc Q, R, S
AreaGrab S x2
FstGuage * (RegChip)
Invisibl * x4
AntiWood *
AntiDmg *
AntiNavi M
CopyDmg *
Atk+10 *
Muramasa M
ShadeMnSP S
LarkManSP S
Bass F

See? I'm not happy with it at all, and I'm bored with my regular folder setup. <.< Keep in mind I'm using DT: DS's BassCross, which lowers the number of usable MegaChips by 2.

Posted by CS Ryan

First, drop the Quake3, Atk+10, CopyDmg and the AntiWood for another Pulsar3 and another Katana1, so you can pull of the Navi Advances a little easier. Drop the AirHoc Q and R and put in two more AirHoc S chips, I find in multiplayer, they almost always give me FullSynchro. Also, put a MegaFolder2 in your NaviCust, then put ShadeManDS and LarkManDS in there for the advances, and use ShadeManSP and LarkManSP on their own.

Posted by Gregaman91

what's with the anitnavi? None of the viruses or bosses use chips, dont use them unless you're in a link battle!!! Instead Protoman's chip would be better

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting somewhat117: First, drop the Quake3, Atk+10, CopyDmg and the AntiWood for another Pulsar3 and another Katana1, so you can pull of the Navi Advances a little easier.
Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. *makes a note* I like AntiWood, though... I use it as-is, and to use TomahawkSoul. (TummytuckMan ftw! x3)

[QUOTE=somewhat117]Drop the AirHoc Q and R and put in two more AirHoc S chips, I find in multiplayer, they almost always give me FullSynchro.
I waffled on that. As well as Full Synchro, they'd be more S-coded chips... but I really like Jigoku Hockey (PitHoky). x3 Decisions, decisions! xP

[QUOTE=somewhat117]Also, put a MegaFolder2 in your NaviCust, then put ShadeManDS and LarkManDS in there for the advances, and use ShadeManSP and LarkManSP on their own.

Meh. A good suggestion, but I used that strategy against Bass in TP, sans the MegaFldr (since I didn't have BassCross and thusly didn't need it, plus I don't really like MegaChips enough to sacrifice the NC space). I'd also rather not add the DS chips, simply because I'd rather put in something like LifeAura.

Thanks for the feedback! =)

[quote=Gregaman91]what's with the anitnavi? None of the viruses or bosses use chips, dont use them unless you're in a link battle!!! Instead Protoman's chip would be better
RLY?! [SIZE="1"]*brick'd* xP[/SIZE]

Actually, that's not entirely true, some viruses use chips... just not NaviChips. xP However, while the AntiNavi chip's all fine and good for link battles, you've failed to note the OTHER use for it... AntiDmg + AntiNavi + Muramasa = BodyGrd, one of my favorite PAs (regardless of the complete meltdown it's effectiveness has had since MMBN2 xP). [SIZE="1"]And there's a dozen other chips I can think of that would be better than Protoman's chip as a replacement. xP[/SIZE]

... isn't anyone else going to post a folder? T__T

Posted by Dark Link

Oblivion Folder:

ColonelForce Q / Bass F (CForce for NetBattles and LinkNavi Fights, Bass For the Rest and Gregar)
Colonel *
JudgeMan *
BlastMan *
TomaHawkMan *
KillerMan *
ProtomanSP B
Protoman *
AntiSword *
AntiDamage *
AntiDamage *
AntiDamage *
AntiNavi *
LifeAura U
Invisibl *
Invisibl * [TAG]
Invisibl * [TAG]
FullCustom *
FastGauge * [DEFAULT]
Guardian O
WindRack *
LongSword *
WideSword *
Sword *
MachineGun3 B
MachineGun3 B
MachineGun3 B
M-Cannon *
M-Cannon *
M-Cannon *

P.A.'s available: (From my Folder View)
GigaCannon3: M-Cannon * - M-Cannon * - M-Cannon *
LifeSword: Sword * - WideSword * - LongSword *
BodyGuard: AntiNavi * - AntiSwrd * - Anti Dmg *
TwinLeaders: ProtomanSP B - AntiNavi *- Colonel *

Don't Make Me Kill You For Jacking My Folder Up! <_<

Posted by CS Ryan

There's another way that AntiNavi can be used in BN5. First, ChaosUnison and screw up with the charge shot so DarkMegaMan is on the enemies side. If you'ye been using Navichips constantly in the game, DarkMega will too. And you can counter them with Antinavi!

Posted by Gregaman91

question: You're only allowed to use 5 mega chips per folder, so you have a 5:30 ratio of getting a mega chip and unless you use only navi chips for the entire battle there is no way darkmega will use navi chips, because he usually tends to use weaker chips than that and not to mention you have to have antinavi on so to get that you have a 1:30 ratio, so how exactly is that helpful and practical? Besides that where else are you going to use it?

Posted by CS Ryan

I don't think you understand. He dosen't use chips just because they're in your folder. DarkMega uses chips depending on how much YOU use them during the course of the game. So the more you use a chip, the better chance he will. He only uses weak chips for you because you only use weak chips yourself.

DarkMega using chips has nothing to do with ratios.

Posted by Gregaman91

Okay i see, but the thing is I used tons of navi chips whenever i can, but the only one that I've ever seen Dark Mega use is Roll and that was only once, another thing is, why keep antinavi if you are basically using it for just Dark Mega?

Posted by Minesweeper

I was under the impression Dark Mega just used any chip in your library randomly... especially considering he tended to use that Justice One chip at irritatingly frequent intervals, and I'd only just gotten it. <.<;

Anyhoo, back to the folders.

@Dark Link:: =O Nice. I was about to ask why you didn't have Muramasa, except I forgot BodyGrd uses AntiSwrd instead of Muramasa in 6, doesn't it? xP (Silly me. ^^; )

[SIZE="1"]*steals your FstGauge chip and flees*[/SIZE] <.<

Alright, I've gotta ask... where IS FstGauge * in MMBN6? I kinda rushed through and restarted, so I never saw it... is it a reward for one of the Help board dealies? (I didn't finish those...)

Quoting Gregaman91: Okay i see, but the thing is I used tons of navi chips whenever i can, but the only one that I've ever seen Dark Mega use is Roll and that was only once, another thing is, why keep antinavi if you are basically using it for just Dark Mega?

I think you missed the point - most people have AntiNavi during the regular game solely for the BodyGrd PA. I highly doubt anyone would use it just to counter the small possibility that DarkMega MIGHT use a NaviChip. Seems kinda silly. xP

Posted by Gregaman91

oh okay i get it now, thanks Minesweeper!

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Minesweeper]I was under the impression Dark Mega just used any chip in your library randomly... especially considering he tended to use that Justice One chip at irritatingly frequent intervals, and I'd only just gotten it. <: (Silly me. ^^; )[/size]

[SIZE="1"]*steals your FstGauge chip and flees*[/SIZE] <.<

Alright, I've gotta ask... where IS FstGauge * in MMBN6? I kinda rushed through and restarted, so I never saw it... is it a reward for one of the Help board dealies? (I didn't finish those...)

I think you missed the point - most people have AntiNavi during the regular game solely for the BodyGrd PA. I highly doubt anyone would use it just to counter the small possibility that DarkMega MIGHT use a NaviChip. Seems kinda silly. xP

1. Yeah BodyGuard uses AntiNavi + AntiSword + AntiDmg now
2. FstGauge is indeed from one of the help requests (I'm pretty sure <_<)
3. AntiNavi isn't only used for BodyGuard, If you've seen some of the Japan RM6 Tourney videos...some of the best players there used AntiNavi cause they KNOW everyone has at least 2+ Navis :p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOWMVMhFAM
Says it all about how AntiNavi is pretty useful...Beware...their folders SUCK!

Posted by CS Ryan

DarkMega dosen't last very long, but to get him to use Navis, you must use them more often that regular chips. And the Bass chips are counted as Navis.

Posted by Gregaman91

oh okay, I've never seen Dark Mega besides the times in the storyline so I didn't know his exact nature, thanks Somewhat

Posted by Red

so I've been recently p,laying MMBN3 the file got deletd but I'M BACK!! I've done alot in the secret net area and have 174 Standard chips, so bascially the folder I have right now, isn't for keeps, I'll be making MAJOR adjustments to it...but for now what do you think....

CustSword B
Var Sword B
Slasher B
Protoman V4 B
Geddon3 C
Sanctuary C
Spice D
Shake3 D
RockArm1 D
AirSword R
Tornado R
MetGell1 D
Lance D
Gedon1 D
Life Aura D
DesertManV2 D
Grass Stage E
Recover150 P
Plantman V4 P
Lance R
Lance R
Lance R
Snake R
Recv300 R
Recv 120 *
Recv 120 *
Fst Gauge *
Navi+40 *
Navi+20 *
Foldr Bak *

any sugestions or things I should change would be greatly appreciated, my main stradegy right now is PlantmanV4 + Navi+ 40 and 20 then attacking the crap outt of the enemy while entangled in the vines, using chips and buster

I think it's ultimate ownage right there :D

Posted by CS Ryan

Pretty good, but try to get it uni-coded soon.

Posted by Red

I've amped up my folder but I don't have my gameboy with me right now to post it, but for now I need some input, for my Giga chip should I use Folder Bak, or PlantMan v5

my folder is pretty much like my last one except this one is based around getting my plantman out and attacking the **** out of enemies.

Posted by Minesweeper

I'm too lazy to go check your last folder, but I'll say that as fun as FoldrBak is, you probably don't need it, unless you like randomly shuffling your chips. So, go with PlantMan. =)

Posted by Red

hey ya'll! Red here back from about a 5 month abbsense, yeah I haven't been on vgc in quite awhile =(

but anyways, I picked up my MMBN3 the other day and decided to fix up my folder a bit more (as you can see from my previous folder about 5 posts up, I have a one track mind and that not alot has changed) and I tried to uni-code it, but there's still a few chips I just NEED to have in my folder. well I want to her people's oppinions on it, and maybe perhaps a score out of 100? I remember when Sk2k used to have a folder rater thread, he rated em out of 100 and I liked it XD. so anyways here's my folder-

CustSword B
VarSword B
Slasher B
Protomanv4
Tripple Bomb B - x2 -
Fire Sword P - x3 -
Plasma 3 P
Recov150 P
Plantman P
Plantmanv4 P
Airsword R
Tornado R
Mine R
Lance R - x3 -
Recov300 R
Bar200 R
Rook *
recov120 * - x2 -
fstGauge * [starting chip]
Wood+30 * - x2 -
Atk+30 *
Navi+40 *
FoldBak *

and again main stradegy is, trying to get Plantmanv4 equipped with all the woo,attack, and navi + chips, once the enemy is tangled in vines, use my buster,trplbomb,and plasma.

I like to use a quick combo of Airsword,Lance,Tornado...I think you will find that this works quite well ^-^

also I of course try to use the PA: 2x Hero. when it comes up.

so there it is. please give me any kind of advice. and of course your opinion ) weather it's possitive or negative) and help me out!!! :)

-thanks!

Posted by Minesweeper

Looks okay. I can't really rate it, though, sorry. ^.^; The AirSwrd/Lance/Tornado sounds interesting, I'll have to try it. =)

You know that if you use SandStage then Tornado (or, preferably, SandStage, Repair, Tornado), the damage rises quite a bit. =) Again, as fun as FolderBack is, you should only really need it for chip shuffling - if you have to go through your whole folder before deleting an opponent, you have some issues with your folder. =D

As for me, I'm playing MMBN6 (Gregar) again. I haven't beaten it (on this file) yet, but here's what I'm using right now.

Crosses: Heat, Elec, Erase, Slash, Charge
NC: BugStop, FolderPack1, AutoHeal, UnderShirt, FirstBarrier, Attack+1 (x3), Charge+1 (x2), HP+200, HP+50.
HP=1030, Attack=4, Speed=1, Charge=3, RegMem=43MB
Library:: S 143/ M 25 / G 0 / Secret 5 / PA 13

M-Cannon S, T, *
YoYo *
FireBurn S, T, U
AuraHed1 B (willing to replace this one)
MachGun2 S (x3)
Sword *
WideBlde B
LongBlde B (Tag Chip #2)
WindRack * (willing to replace this one)
StepSwrd B
TrplShot *
Rflectr2 B, *
HiBoomer B
Lance *
VDoll S (thinking of replacing this one)
Recov80 * (x2)
Recov120 S
AreaGrab B (Tag Chip #1)
Invisibl * (x3)
CopyDmg * (Regular Chip)

I usually have a Tag of BlkBomb F and FireBrn1 F, except my other F-coded chips suck. =/ I was thinking of Thunder * + MchnSwrd L, but I prefer the chips in B and S codes to most of the L-coded chips I have. =/ I have other, better chips, but the codes don't match up. ;_;

Posted by Red

Quoting Minesweeper: Looks okay. I can't really rate it, though, sorry. ^.^; The AirSwrd/Lance/Tornado sounds interesting, I'll have to try it. =)

You know that if you use SandStage then Tornado (or, preferably, SandStage, Repair, Tornado), the damage rises quite a bit. =) Again, as fun as FolderBack is, you should only really need it for chip shuffling - if you have to go through your whole folder before deleting an opponent, you have some issues with your folder. =D

As for me, I'm playing MMBN6 (Gregar) again. I haven't beaten it (on this file) yet, but here's what I'm using right now.

Crosses: Heat, Elec, Erase, Slash, Charge
NC: BugStop, FolderPack1, AutoHeal, UnderShirt, FirstBarrier, Attack+1 (x3), Charge+1 (x2), HP+200, HP+50.
HP=1030, Attack=4, Speed=1, Charge=3, RegMem=43MB
Library:: S 143/ M 25 / G 0 / Secret 5 / PA 13

M-Cannon S, T, *
YoYo *
FireBurn S, T, U
AuraHed1 B (willing to replace this one)
MachGun2 S (x3)
Sword *
WideBlde B
LongBlde B (Tag Chip #2)
WindRack * (willing to replace this one)
StepSwrd B
TrplShot *
Rflectr2 B, *
HiBoomer B
Lance *
VDoll S (thinking of replacing this one)
Recov80 * (x2)
Recov120 S
AreaGrab B (Tag Chip #1)
Invisibl * (x3)
CopyDmg * (Regular Chip)

I usually have a Tag of BlkBomb F and FireBrn1 F, except my other F-coded chips suck. =/ I was thinking of Thunder * + MchnSwrd L, but I prefer the chips in B and S codes to most of the L-coded chips I have. =/ I have other, better chips, but the codes don't match up. ;_;

My rep comment said I would help if I had the game and now I do so...

folder looks decent,although a few random codes/ chips that could be sorted out...I would go into detail but I doubt this very old thread is even similar to your current folder anyway.

I know no one plays this game anymore but I was hoping I could get my folder rated, I just beat the game with it yesturday and am still trying to improve it.

Crosses: All
NC: Atk+1,Speed+1,Charge+1 (x3) HP+300, HP+50 (I'm still working on a better NC)
HP=1070, Attack=4, Speed=4, Charge=4, RegMem=39MB
Library:: S 140/ M 25 / G 0 / Secret 0 / PA 4

BblStar1 E (x2) [Regular Chip] [Tag Chip #1]
DolThndr E(x2) [Tag Chip #2]
IronShl2 E (x2)
Reflectr3 E
ElecmanEX E
FireBurn 1 F (x2)
BlkBmb F
AquaNdl2 F
Recov 120 F
Stepsword L
Wavearm2 L (x2)
Sandwrm1 L
Uninstall L (...I actually haven't netbattled one of my friends yet, so they're no reason for this to be in here)
TrnArrow2 M (x2)
Airhockey M
Muramasa M
LilBoiler2 M
Timebomb3 M
Elemtrap S
Yoyo *
Dubleshot
Recov 80* (x2)
FstGauge *

okay so I know it's not the best folder, I haven't updated it in awhile and I didn't realize until I was done that I riped off that combo that a navi tells you about on a BBS (Bubble Star + Dol Thunder = double damage)

I know not too many people will even recognize chip names anymore now that it's been so long since the game came out, but I would like any help with this please. :)

Posted by CS Ryan

LOL, am playing BN6 Gregar this very second.

I can't really help you on it. What kind of a folder DO you want?

Posted by Red

I personal folder that has some good chips that can be good for combos, possibly some PA's, etc.

this folder is just a rough draft of what I want mine to look like. but regardless of what folder I want, what do you think of the folder I have?

Posted by CS Ryan

I'd never use it. That's about all I'd say. I assume you're running Gregar version?

Posted by Red

yeah Gregar...how did you know?

Posted by CS Ryan

I knew with the mystical powers of my mind.

No, it's because you just beat the game, and you've got an ElecMan EX chip in your folder.

YEah, BubbleStar + DollThunder's a good combo, but don't focus on that. I say, use Defensive and Support chips (Invisible/WhiteCapsule) for your tags, and Preset FastGauge once you've got the Reg. Memory.

Posted by Red

I think I came up with a pretty sweet folder, it has at least one chip of every element/ type, and it's uni coded (minus my Giga chip of course)

Crosses: All
HP=970, Attack=5, Speed=2, Charge=5, RegMem=45MB
Library:: S 192/ M 31 / G 3 / Secret 5 / PA 12

Fire Burn2 S
Bbl Star3 S
ElecPuls3 S
RskyHny1 S
Sword S
Wide Swrd S
Long Swrd S
Protoman *
Colonel *
Delta Ray Z
Wind Rack *
Machgun2 S
VDoll S
Buster up *
Atk +30 *
Navi +20 *
Grndman *
M-Cannon *
Sandworm3 S
YoYo *
DublShot *
Wavearm 3 S
Recov 80 * (x2)
Recov 120 S (x3)
Fst Gauge *
Elem Trap S
Circusman *

so what do you think? is it good or what?

Posted by CS Ryan

Okay, even if you can perfectly pull off the DeltaRayEdge, DON'T USE IT. It cloggs the folder too much. There's also some better *-coded Navis to use (JudgeMan, drop CircusMan and GroundMan) and when you can, drop these for something better in S or * code.

Drop:
Yo-Yo
DublShot
Navi+20
And I can't stress this enough. Run 3 Invisible *!

And you don't need to focus that much on running every element. It won't help that much.

Posted by Apathetic

MMBN2 - 2 stars - Best folder of all my games
FireBlde R
Aqua Blde R
ElecBlde R
CustSwrd B
VarSwrd B
LeadShld R
Recov300 R x2
Wind *
Fan *
FullCust *
PopUp D x2
BblWrap R
HolyPanl R
AntiDmg S
Atk+20 * x5
Atk+30 *
RollV3 R
ProtoMnV3 B
ShadoMan *
GateManV3 G x2
PharoManV3 P
Protoman *
Bass F

MMBN3 - 3 stars - Not the best, I still cant get all the stars with it :(.
AirShot3 * x2
AquaSwrd N
CustSwrd B
VarSwrd B
Slasher B
TimeBomb L
TimeBomb M
TimeBomb N
AreaGrab * x2
Recov300 O x2
Recov300 R
Invis * x2
Barr200 E
Scuttlst A
Hole *
Snctuary C
AntiDmg M x3
AntiNavi M
Muramasa M
LifeAura D
ProtoMnV4 B
FlashMnV4 F
DrillMnV4 D
Bass X

I still need to start MMBN, finish off MMBN3 blue so I can exchange with my white folder to make it good. My MMBN4 is mainly on red sun, which still sucks anyways, and I havent beaten MMBN5 so no point in posting all these other folders. Good times.