Internet Explorer 7

Posted by misogenie

New updated browser shows favourite tabs for websites. The quick tabs show grouped shrunken websites in window frames. Personally, this browser is the best compared to Firefox and Mozilla.

Posted by Storm

Is this really better? I was thinking about installing it but since it was beta I wasn't sure if it was any good, anyone who is using it right now that has an opinion of it?

Posted by Klarth

Internet Explorer is a piece of shit, IE7 more so due to its emphasis on eye-candy and butchering the application of tabs.

Stick to Firefox 1.5x.

Posted by candycab

No thanks since you have to use Service Pack 2 , which is just more useless Microsoft Bloatware. With Firefox outthere IE7 is just not worth all the headaches.

I will stick with IE6 and Firefox for Tabbing :)

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting candycab: No thanks since you have to use Service Pack 2 , which is just more useless Microsoft Bloatware. With Firefox outthere IE7 is just not worth all the headaches.

I will stick with IE6 and Firefox for Tabbing :)

You do know that MS does not Win XP SP1, right?

And I wouldn't get IE 7 Beta 3. I am currently having problems with the toolbars staying where they should.

I am not saying IE 7 itself is BAD. Far from it. I think it is great! Beta 2 was awesome. It's Beta 3 that has problems. So IE 7 is a good browser to have.

Posted by candycab

Quoting Protoman: You do know that MS does not Win XP SP1, right?

And I wouldn't get IE 7 Beta 3. I am currently having problems with the toolbars staying where they should.

I am not saying IE 7 itself is BAD. Far from it. I think it is great! Beta 2 was awesome. It's Beta 3 that has problems. So IE 7 is a good browser to have.

I didnt quite understand what you are saying here "You do know that MS does not Win XP SP1, right?" ?

Im guessing you are saying MS is no longer supporting SP1 ? I think that takes effect in October.
Fine bye me since mine works just great as is :) The reason I wont run SP2 is because all it is is an improved firewall and a pop-up blocker ,both of which I have no use for so why complicate my registry anymore than it is. Can you auto hide the taskbars etc in IE 7 ?

Thats one thing I do love about IE 6 ..cant stand having borders I never really use :)

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting candycab: I didnt quite understand what you are saying here "You do know that MS does not Win XP SP1, right?" ?

Im guessing you are saying MS is no longer supporting SP1 ? I think that takes effect in October.
Fine bye me since mine works just great as is :) The reason I wont run SP2 is because all it is is an improved firewall and a pop-up blocker ,both of which I have no use for so why complicate my registry anymore than it is. Can you auto hide the taskbars etc in IE 7 ?

Thats one thing I do love about IE 6 ..cant stand having borders I never really use :)

Sorry, and yeah that's what I meant.

Anyhow IE 7 DOES autohide the task bar in fact, if you want you can just have the thing full screen without anything but the scroll bar on the side.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Protodude/fullscreen.jpg

Posted by Apathetic

Sometimes websites require IE, so thats really the only time I would use it. Besides that I stick with firefox, and whats this 1.5x version?

Posted by Klarth

Most of them don't -actually- requrie IE. There's a firefox extension that spoofs the information about the client you're using - Hence I can use FF to access sites that are meant to be PSP-only.

Posted by Apathetic

And what is this extension called? Meh wants.