Folder Guide thread

Posted by CS Ryan

The purpose of this thread will be to showcase different folders that you have used from any BN game. However, I would like to keep single posts with only one folder per post and keep conversation posts to ZERO!!

If your folder was made for different purposes (i.e. LinkBattles, S-Ranking Navis) please insert that in your post. Also, if your folder requires more than the usual amount of Mega/Giga chips, make a note of it.

Also please, no jumbled folders with no strategy and nice-sounding chips. By jumbled I mean having an alphabet soup folder (lots of chip codes). They may be good for the completion of the main story line, but I assure you, they suck beyond comprehension in multiplayer battles and S-Ranking.

I'll also rate folders and I'll try to have at least 1 new folder each day. Can't guarantee which version though. They'll mostly be tes folders that you can use to make your own strategies.

Posted by CS Ryan

Electric Shock Folder (BN6 Gregar) (LinkBattles)

1x AssnSwrd R
2x TrplShot *
2x Rflectr3 *
4x WaveArm3 R
1x Meteors R
1x FstGauge * (preset)
1x FullCust *
3x Invisibl * (2 tagged)
1x LifeAura U
1x AntiNavi *
3x AntiDmg *
1x AntiSwrd *
2x WhiteCapsule *
1x Uninstall R
1x Atk+30 *
2x Roll R/*
2x Roll2
1x Roll3

P.A.'s Available:
SunMoon: Meteors R - Atk+30 - Uninstall R
BodyGuard: AntiNavi * - AntiSwrd * - AntiDmg *

Crucial Cross Required: ElecCross
Substitute Crosses: EraseCross/BeastOut

Strategy: The object of this folder is to paralyze your opponent by charging non-elemental chips with ElecCross. The WhiteCapsules are there to add a paralysis effect to the Program Advances (especially BodyGuard) and the Roll NaviChips.

Posted by CS Ryan

Burn Blast Folder (BN6 Gregar) (LinkBattles)

2x TankCannon3 B
3x FireBurn1 *
3x BubbleStar1 B/ 3x Thunder *
3x BlackBomb B
3x GrassSeed *
1x Sword *
2x WideBlde *
2x LongBlde *
1x FastGauge * (preset)
1x FullCust *
3x Invisible * (two tagged)
1x WhiteCapsule *
1x ProtoManSP B
1x BlastMan B/*
2x BlastManEX B
1x BlastManSP B

P.A.'s Available:
LifeSword: Sword * - WideBlde B - LongBlde B
DoubleHero/2xHero: WideBlde B - LongBlde B - ProtoManSP B

Crucial Cross Required: HeatCross/ChargeCross
Substitute Crosses: BeastOut

Strategy: The object of this folder is to use powered-up BlackBombs to do a massive amount of damage. Place a GrassSeed in your opponent's area first to double damage. The Sword advances are for support and you will probably burn through your chips so quickly that after a few turns, you will be able to use at least one. Using ChargeCross's ability to increase Fire chips by 100 is tempting, but not recommended because it takes so long. If you plan on doing so, have SuperArmor in your NaviCust so you won't flinch and have to start charging again.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]Moi Fldr (MMBN6 Greiga)

GundelS3
RskyHny3
Aurahed2 [tag]
Airhocky [tag]
tornado
sword
stepswrd
Muramasa
rflectr3 [reg]
meteors
wideblde
golmhit2
longblde
timebom3
guardian
anubis
recov150
recov200
recov300
recov300
snctuary
lifeaur
elemtrap
roll3
Protoman
Slashman Sp
Chargeman Ex
Elementman
Delta Ray

Nothing speacial about this folder. It just helps in every kind of battle.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]EDIT:This folder is more based on defence and long distance attacks. Now that I've been looking at it.[/COLOR]

Posted by CS Ryan

Flash Rat folder (BN3) (S-Rank, LinkBattle)

2x Ratton1 F
2x Ratton2 F
2x Ratton3 F
4x Plasma3 F
2x AreaGrab *
1x FastGauge * (preset)
1x FullCust *
2x Invis *
2x Aura F
3x IceStage *
4x Elec+30 *
4x FlasMan V1-4 F
1x FlashManV5 F (White) / 1x FolderBack * (Blue)

P.A.'s Available:
HyperRat: Ratton 1 F - Ratton2 F - Ratton3 F
Preferred Style: Custom
Preferred Element: Elec

Strategy: The object of this folder is to paralyze the opponent with FlashMan or an Elec Style charge shot, then follow up with a HyperRat advance or a supercharged Plasma3. With IceStage and a few Elec+30 chips, Plasma3 can achieve an amazing amount of damage and hit multiple times.

Posted by CS Ryan

I'm breaking my own rules with a triple folder post. All these folders are my current ones in BN2.

Folder 1
3x FireBlde R/*
3x AquaBlde R/*
3x ElecBlde R/*
2x Satelit2 R
5x Recov300 R
1x AreaGrab *
4x LifeAur2 R
3x HolyPanl R
5x RollV3 R (just use your 5 best ones)
1x FullCust * (preset)

P.A.'s Available:
LifeSword3: FireBlde R/* - AquaBlde R/* - ElecBlde R/*
BigHeart: HolyPanl R - Recov300 R - RollV1-3 R
-------------------------------------------------------------
Folder 2
5x LifeAur3 E
5x BassV2 F
3x Bass F
2x Shadow3 F
1x FstGauge * (preset)
3x FullCust *
4x Invis3 *
1x Navi+40 *
4x Atk+20 *
2x Navi+20*

Required Style: HubStyle (preferred)/Team

Strategy:
Step 1: Amass a load of Atk+ chips in your CustomScreen and attach to a single Bass NaviChip.
Step 2: Own.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SuperSword Folder
3x FireBlde *
3x AquaBlde *
3x ElecBlde *
3x CustSwrd B
5x VarSwrd B
1x AreaGrab *
1x FstGauge * (preset)
3x Invis3 *
1x LifeAur1 B
1x Atk+20 *
1x Atk+30 *
5x ProtoManV3 B

P.A.'s available:
LifeSword3: FireBlade * - AquaBlade * - ElecBlade *
2xHero: CustSwrd B - VarSwrd B - ProtoManV3 B

Preferred Style: HubStyle (preferred)/ Custom

Strategy: Use Program Advances as fact as you can. HubStyle is better for this because you get 10 chips at the CustomScreen right away and are almost guaranteed a Program Advance.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: somewhat117 disagrees: Your folder has absolutely no focus and just has nice-sounding chips in it. Revamp it.

[COLOR="Black"]1. It's my game, not yours.
2. It is MY way of playing.
3. Wouldn't care to revamp it since it works just f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking fine.
4. You sir are a fag.[/COLOR]

Posted by CS Ryan

In the words of my idiot friend:
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. All I heard was stupid."

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: In the words of my idiot friend:
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. All I heard was stupid."

[COLOR="Black"]More like, read, amirite?[/COLOR]

Posted by Stalolin

Both of you shut up.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: Both of you shut up.

[COLOR="Black"]C'mon man, you know you wanna keep watching this, let me continue, c'mon man, do it, like do it, you wanna do it, you know you want to.[/COLOR]

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Phantasmarx][COLOR=Black]C'mon man, you know you wanna keep watching this, let me continue, c'mon man, do it, like do it, you wanna do it, you know you want to.[/COLOR]

nay, now continue following somewhat's rules.

Posted by Zeta

HiCannon L
HiCannon N
HiCannon *
AirShot *
GunDelS3 W
BigBomb P
MegEnBom G
MegaEnBom M
BlkBomb F
Sword S
WideSwrd S
LongSwrd S
CrakShot *
CrakShot*
Recov30 *
Recov30 *
Recov30 *
AreaGrab S
BusterUp *
Atk+10 *
Atk+10 *
AirHocky N
AirHocky N
AirHocky N
AirHocky N
Roll2 R
HeatMan *
TmhkMan *
BlastMnSP B
DiveMan *

Strategy: Use Buster/Crosses. Use chips if I'm getting impatient.

I'm suprised that I even bothered to make a folder. Ever since BN4 I've been using the Buster/Souls/Crosses/whatever only. Make the game more entertaining. I still rarely use chips.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Stalolin: nay, now continue following somewhat's rules.

You DO know that his rules involve Double, Triple, and Possibly Quad Posting right?
I just think it's a rule to raise post counts <_<

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Dark Link]You DO know that his rules involve Double, Triple, and Possibly Quad Posting right?
I just think it's a rule to raise post counts <_<

Possibly. But he's not getting much out of it post count wise.

And he still only has a certain number of folders.

Posted by CS Ryan

I only said single posts per folder to separate them easier. I have no intention of increasing my post count. It's tiny compared to all of yours anyway.

New test folder: BugWave Folder (BN6) (LinkBattle)

3x Vulcan1 *
3x Vulcan3 A
2x ElecPulse3 A
3x IceSeed A
3x MoonBlade A
2x AquaNeedle A
1x FstGauge * (Preset)
1x FullCust *
3x Invisible * (two tagged)
3x WhiteCapsule *
2x AquaMan *
1x AquaManEX A
1x AquaManSP A
1x DiveMan *
1x BugRiseSword V / BugDeathThunder V

Required Cross: EraseCross/EraseBeast

Strategy: Go into EraseCross right away and throw an IceSeed into the middle of the enemy's field. Then paralyze your opponent with an AquaNeedle+WhiteCapsule or a NaviChip. The special effect of the IcePanels will activate, freezing the enemy. The fire off as many Vulcans (hope they have the number 4 in their HP, if they're bugged already, you should get lucky.), Moonblades and ElecPulses as you can, inflicting bugs.

The major flaws in this folder is if you're not lucky with shooting multiple Vulcans and not getting the #4 in their HP, and the second you're hit with a Wind-element chip, you lose the EraseCross.

Posted by ProtomanV2

Quoting Phantasmarx: [COLOR="Black"]1. It's my game, not yours.
2. It is MY way of playing.
3. Wouldn't care to revamp it since it works just f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking fine.
4. You sir are a fag.[/COLOR]

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!!!! Why didn't the stars bleep it out?

Quoting somewhat117: [COLOR="Black"]In the words of my idiot friend:
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. All I heard was stupid."[/COLOR]

Don't react to him that way or you might get banned.

Quoting Phantasmarx: [COLOR="Black"]Moi Fldr (MMBN6 Greiga)

GundelS3
RskyHny3
Aurahed2 [tag]
Airhocky [tag]
tornado
sword
stepswrd
Muramasa
rflectr3 [reg]
meteors
wideblde
golmhit2
longblde
timebom3
guardian
anubis
recov150
recov200
recov300
recov300
snctuary
lifeaur
elemtrap
roll3
Protoman
Slashman Sp
Chargeman Ex
Elementman
Delta Ray

Nothing speacial about this folder. It just helps in every kind of battle.

EDIT:This folder is more based on defence and long distance attacks. Now that I've been looking at it.[/COLOR]

No offence intended but you should revamp your folder a bit. Try to focus mainly on one code and * code chips if possible.

Also, if you could, post the codes of your chips so maybe I can help you make it better.

Posted by CS Ryan

Quoting ProtomanV2: Also, if you could, post the codes of your chips so maybe I can help you make it better.

You? Make it better?! Let's see you try. If you're making a folder for him, you'll need to have a base strategy.

New folder here. This time, it's for Falzar Version.

Dust Crusher

5x AirShot * (1 tagged)
5x RockCube * (1 tagged)
3x Spreader3 (Q-R-S)
3x TimeBomb2 D
1x FastGauge* (preset)
1x FullCust*
3x Invisible *
3x ColonelArmy *
3x DustMan D/*
1x DustManEX D
1x DustManSP D
1x CrossDivide D

Posted by CS Ryan

Folder Making tips:

1. Folder Speed
By this, I mean how fast you'll be flying through a battle. You don't want a really low speed (1-2 chips per turn), but with a high speed (5 chips), you'll run out quickly, and if you don't make them count, you're dead. No matter how strong your buster is.

2. Defense
You'll need at least some defense in your folder. Try to have at least 3-5 defensive chips in there. Recovery chips are a sign of weakness, don't rely on them.

3. Strategy
Try to make a folder around a specific strategy, such as focusing on a Soul/Cross. A bunch of uni-coded chips with no basis but pure attacking won't win here. A set strategy will look better, work better, and be more fun to use.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting somewhat117: Folder Making tips:

1. Folder Speed
By this, I mean how fast you'll be flying through a battle. You don't want a really low speed (1-2 chips per turn), but with a high speed (5 chips), you'll run out quickly, and if you don't make them count, you're dead. No matter how strong your buster is.

This has happened to me :p:
I've ran out of chips and all I had was my buster in Beast Form. I almost win when this happens, but my sisters' pull out a Recov chip...then I'm done for :(

[quote]2. Defense
You'll need at least some defense in your folder. Try to have at least 3-5 defensive chips in there. Recovery chips are a sign of weakness, don't rely on them.

AntiDMG + Invisi is All I need :p:

[quote]3. Strategy
Try to make a folder around a specific strategy, such as focusing on a Soul/Cross. A bunch of uni-coded chips with no basis but pure attacking won't win here. A set strategy will look better, work better, and be more fun to use.

I Rely on ChargeCross to get more chips per turn so I can get PAs faster. I also use KillerCross for his +30 damage on non-element chips.

Posted by Dark Link

Here's my folder that I used to S-Rank all Navis and defeat GregarSP

Oblivion Folder:

ColonelForce Q / Bass F (CForce for NetBattles and LinkNavi Fights, Bass For the Rest and Gregar)
Colonel *
BlastMan *
TomahawkMan *
KillerMan *
ProtomanSP B
Protoman *
AntiSword *
AntiDamage *
AntiDamage *
AntiDamage *
AntiNavi *
LifeAura U
Invisibl *
Invisibl * [Tag]
Invisibl * [Tag]
FullCustom *
FastGauge * [Default]
Guardian O
Muramasa M
WindRack *
LongSword *
WideSword *
Sword *
MachineGun3 B
MachineGun3 B
MachineGun3 B
M-Cannon *
M-Cannon *
M-Cannon *

P.A.'s available: (From my Folder View)
GigaCannon3: M-Cannon * - M-Cannon * - M-Cannon *
LifeSword: Sword * - WideSword * - LongSword *
BodyGuard: AntiNavi * - AntiSwrd * - Anti Dmg *
TwinLeaders: ProtomanSP B - AntiNavi *- Colonel *

((Can Only pull off BodyGuard or TL, not both :p: ))
(I got the other two M-Cannon * from my sisters' ^_^)
Can't Believe I did a new post for this <_<
/shame
/slap

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: Also, if you could, post the codes of your chips so maybe I can help you make it better.

[COLOR="Black"]
My folder... works fukken fine.
Do NOT need any help.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]
When I need the help, I will ask. That won't be happening since I know HOW TO RE-ARREGANGE MY FUKKEN FOLDERS QUITE WELL.

And I still don't have every chip in MMBN6 so eh.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Phantasmarx: [COLOR="Black"]
My folder... works fukken fine.
Do NOT need any help.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]
When I need the help, I will ask. That won't be happening since I know HOW TO RE-ARREGANGE MY FUKKEN FOLDERS QUITE WELL.

And I still don't have every chip in MMBN6 so eh.[/COLOR]

QFT.
Hate when people ALREADY assume that you're 100% with the game <_<

Posted by Minesweeper

Regarding the arguement; YES, Phantasmarx, it's your folder and your game. However, it's somewhat's opinion. You've both got the right to post your opinions. Take his critisism and impliment it or just ignore it, but don't argue over it. Not worth it. xP

Alright, I have next to nothing in MMBN 1, so I won't post it. Instead, here's my old MMBN2 Folder. I'm not playing MMBN2 right now, so the folder sucks.

HubStyle / WoodCustV3
Default HP: 1000 (500 w/HubStyle)
Attack/Speed/Charge: 5/5/5 (10/1/5 w/HubStyle)
Chip Library: 250/250
PA Library: 31
Play Time: 46:15

-Fldr1:-
Fire/Aqua/ElecBlde R
DropDown, AntiDmg, ShadoMnV3 S
CustSwrd, VarSwrd, ProtoMnV3 B
Wind *, Fan *, GateManV3 G
ZeusHamr O,Z
Recov300 R
AreaGrab * (x2)
Repair *
FstGauge * (default)
Invis3 *
PopUp D (x3)
UnderSht N
LifeAur3 E
HolyPanl E
Atk+20 *
Atk+30 *
Navi+40 *
ProtoMnV3 B (I have two, one for the PA, one for the hell of it)
BassV3 X

Works well for Met-mashing (ProtoMan and the two and for Navi deleting. I have no idea how it'd work vs another human player, since I don't know anyone else closeby with MMBN2. >.<

EDIT:: Alright, alright. For anyone too lazy to figure out the PAs::
FireBlde + AquaBlde + ElecBlde = LifeSwrd3
DropDown + AntiDmg + ShadoMnV3 = BodyGrd
CustSwrd + VarSwrd + ProtoMnV3 = 2xHero
Wind + Fan + GateManV3 = Gater

Posted by Minesweeper

And what the hey. I'm here, so I'll post my BN5 folder. It's a slight alteration of the folder I used to beat Bass (whichever version is in Nebula5). I changed it a little because a) I used MMBN5 ToP to beat Bass, and was playing ToC on DT:DS, and b) I wanted to make it more useful in going through my MMBN5 DT:DS files. Oh, and I'm using the BassCross, which decreases the max MegaChips usable by 2. (On another note, I'm not sure why I have LifeAura and no Sanctuary or HolyPanls. O.o)

M-Cannon F, G, H
Pulsar3 S x2
Quake3 F
Sword S
WideSwrd S
LongSwrd S
Katana1 S x2
Lance *
Recov300 Y x3
AreaGrab S x2
FstGauge *
Invisibl * x4
AntiFire *
AntiWatr *
AntiElec *
AntiWood *
LifeAura D
ShadeMnSP S
SwallowMnSP S
Bass F

Like I said, it's a variation of whatever I used to beat Bass. Of course, I can't for the life of me remember exactly what I used to beat Bass. xP I know I sometimes have the DS versions of ShadeMan and SwallowMan for the PAs, plus the SP versions for attacks, but that's about it... <.<;

*EDIT* Whoops. <.<;

Posted by Roxas23857

I don't see Swallowman in your last post..

Posted by Gregaman91

Minesweeper don't double post please. Yes and i have a question, what;s with all the anti-(element)

Posted by Zeta

[quote]However, I would like to keep single posts with only one folder per post and keep conversation posts to ZERO!!

Posted by CS Ryan

I just found something really weird. TenguCross is super-weak to a non-element Yo-yo chip! I tested this now that I have both the Gregar and Falzar games.

Here's a new one. No name yet though:

[insert name here] folder (Falzar only)
3x ElecPulse1 J
2x ElecPulse2 J
2x ElecPulse3 J
2x ElementSword J
2x Sensor1 J
3x Boomer J
1x JusticeOne J
2x Recov300 J
1x FstGauge * (preset)
1x FullCust *
3x Invisible *
2x WhiteCapsule *
2x TomahawkMan *
1x JudgeMan J
1x JudgeManEX J
1x JudgeMan SP J
1x HubBatch J

Posted by ProtomanV2

Comments on this post

Phantasma disagrees: **** you piece of ****
SomebodyStalin disagrees: YEA what Phantasmarx said!
Dark Link disagrees: What Stalin Said =P
Dark Link75 disagrees: What MYSELF Said =)

What the **** is everyones problem?! I was just trying to be helpful. If you don't want any help then FINE!! But 1. There is NO need to knock my reputation down a bunch of points over it and 2. What do you SomebodyStalin, you Dark Link, and you Dark Link75 have to do with all of this?! I'm quite annoyed that you would get involved like this.

Posted by Minesweeper

@Roxas:: Whoops. SwallowMan SP is in my folder, I just managed to miss it while making the list (it only added up to 29... <.<). ^^;

Quoting Gregaman91: Minesweeper don't double post please.

... You double posted twice and triple posted once on the first ****ing page. -.- It's YOUR rule. If you've suddenly and inexplicably decided you don't like this rule anymore, change your first post and make life easier for those of us who are TRYING to play nice. -.-

Me no likey hypocrisy. [SIZE="1"][/annoyed][/SIZE]

ANYWAY. As for the Anti chips, I find them extremely handy. They're useful against viruses whilst I'm wandering, can be used for Double Soul, and they're *-code, so I can toss them if I don't need them. I don't use AntiSwrd or AntiRecv because there aren't really enough viruses to use them against, and I don't have the chips for BodyGrd yet (at least, not in the DS version), so no AntiDmg. And AntiNavi is only good for VS battles. <.<;

Posted by Gregaman91

Minesweeper what are you talking about? I wasn't even on the first page!!! And I've never double posted or triple posted!!!

Posted by Zeta

She was confusing you with Somewhat. Perfectly understandable. A lot of BN fans act alike.

Posted by Gregaman91

Not really, I'm gregaman91 and somewhat117 isn't even remotely close plus our sigs and avatar are completely different. But hey no biggie, it's all right.

Posted by CS Ryan

Yeah, I'm smart and you're a rookie.

Posted by Gregaman91

what do you mean somewhat, smart and rookie, define please

Posted by Stalolin

Quit knocking each other and address the thread using somewhat's rules. There's another thread for all folder discussion, so use that if you don't have a themed folder.

Posted by ?????

folder name: CyFolder gregar version

firebrn3
blkbomb
meteors
BlastmanSp
blzrdball
grasseed
m-boomer
lance
tmhwkman
sword
widesword
longsword
muramasa
protomanSP
colonelSP
erasemanSP
vdoll
vdoll
bass
guardian
atk+30
JustcOne
rec200
rec300x2
snctuary
invisx2
lifeaura
unistall
P.A.s SunMoon. Darkness.Lifesword

Posted by Gregaman91

why uninstall? And what does justcone do?

Posted by CS Ryan

JusticeOne is a powerful attack chip. And Uninstall is part of the SunMoon advance.

Posted by Gregaman91

what do you need for the sunmoon advance?

Posted by CS Ryan

Meteors R
Atk+30 *
Uninstall R

Posted by Gregaman91

thanks, how do you get the sp versions of protoman and colonel? Also how do you get their * versions?

Posted by ?????

Sol Folder. Falzar. ( U.S. version)

Django D
Django2 D
Django3 D
GunDelEx G
DoubleBeast W
BassAnly F
Timebomb3 L
Timebomb3 M
Timebomb3 N
BlzrdBall H
Atk+30 *
Uninstall R
Meteors R
JusticeOne J
Otenko O
Reflecter3*
Reflecter3*
Reflecter3*
GolmHit3 V
Lance*
Lance*
M-Boomer W
Rec.200 Z
Rec.200 Z
Rec.300 J
Rec.300 J
FireHit3 B
TmhwkManSP T
ColonelSP C
ProtoManSP B
P.A.s Crossover.Sunmoon.Timebomb.

Posted by CS Ryan

Note that there are 5 hacked chips in that folder that will crash your game if you use them.

Posted by Gregaman91

Cheater, why can't you just have a folder built by skills not some lame cheating device. That means you can't win a battle without good chips.