Where do you get your music?

Posted by Red

if you download it then what downloader do you use, if you buy cd's where do you ussually buy them from...me I like to buy Cd's of bands I really like I buy em at CD plus ussually and sometimes I download music on limewire. even though Cd plus is over priced, and limewire tends to fail me :(

Posted by Crazy K

I use Ares, it is not that bad, but it is not that great either. It's also good for downloading Software, documents, audio, etc.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: f you download it then what downloader do you use, if you buy cd's where do you ussually buy them from...me I like to buy Cd's of bands I really like I buy em at CD plus ussually and sometimes I download music on limewire. even though Cd plus is over priced, and limewire tends to fail me

[COLOR="Black"]Where you in a hurry to make this thread?

Anywho

I download from:
Limewire and Torrents (Bitlord)

I buy CD's from the INTARNETZ or from a CD store nearby home.[/COLOR]

Posted by Red

Quoting Phantasmarx: [COLOR="Black"]Where you in a hurry to make this thread?

[/COLOR]

no why do you ask?

Posted by cas

I buy from Futureshop or London Drugs, but most of what I'm into i cannot find at either. Curse this interest in norwegian metal bands, lol.

If it werent for downloading, i would never get to hear 90% of the music i regularly listen to. I must thank lime/frost wire, bittorrent, the dudes formerly known as napster and most importantly, the bands who make the tunes.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: no why do you ask?

[COLOR="Black"]Comas & dots.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

Ares, Soulseek, and torrents.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Curse this interest in norwegian metal bands, lol.

By that I hope you mean black metal :D

But yeah, like cas said, if it weren't for the interbutt, I'd never have over 95% of my music. It's just impossible to find in stores around me. So, what I usually use are torrents (places like Kerrazy torrents and isohunt). Also, I get a lot from friends I've made on other forums that have similar interests in music as I do. Those kinds of relationships are probably the most lucrative when it comes to music, since it's generally a lot easier to acquire the music I want.

As for when I DO buy CDs, I generally stick to places like Sunrise Records, Amazon, and eBay (if it comes to that.) But that's pretty rare.

Posted by Red

Quoting Phantasmarx: [COLOR="Black"]Comas & dots.[/COLOR]

yeah..about that. I tend to not know where to put commas and periods quite often leaving me with run-on sentences. it annoys some people but I can't really help it. I'll try to do better though.

[quote=Emperor Vampiro]Also, I get a lot from friends I've made on other forums that have similar interests in music as I do

I do that too, except with my friends on msn not forums, before my computer got formatted 75% of my music was from friends.

Posted by Colonel

Ares all the way Crazy K!

Quoted post: I do that too, except with my friends on msn not forums

if only my friends liked the music I liked :(

Quoted post: yeah..about that. I tend to not know where to put commas and periods quite often leaving me with run-on sentences. it annoys some people but I can't really help it. I'll try to do better though.

It's simple. Say your posts aloud if you have to, every time you pause briefly, put a comma. Every time you pause, but longer, put a period. This is assuming, of course, that you speak properly... otherwise go back to grade three/read wiki articles.

Posted by Red

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: It's simple. Say your posts aloud if you have to, every time you pause briefly, put a comma. Every time you pause, but longer, put a period. This is assuming, of course, that you speak properly... otherwise go back to grade three/read wiki articles.

thanks I'll try that sometimes.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting cas: this interest in norwegian metal bands, lol.

It's the Ukranian, Polish, Us, and especially French bm that are hardest for me to find.

I much prefer to buy all my cds, but I still download quite a bit due to my dislike of paying ridiculous amounts of money for cds limited to X number of copies on eBay.

Buy:
http://www.theendrecords.com
http://www.redstream.org
are my two favorites. Supernal's pretty decent if you're getting Nargaroth, Nyktalgia, Abyssic Hate, or any sort of NSBM.

Download:
DC++
and Kerrazy-Torrents

Posted by juliebriggs

i buy locally from FYE or Strawberrys, i download off limewire and torrents, and i buy onliine from ebay, amazon.com, and cduniverse.com

Posted by sabre

People sometimes send me songs over AIM File Transfer, but other than that I make a point of not downloading music. I've used Ares twice over the past year or so, one time of which I was downloading a single that was available on the radio but not yet on CD, and the other time of which I was downloading a video.

When it comes to buying, I always use amazon for internet orders (unless for some reason it's not available from amazon), and I buy from HMV if I'm there.

Posted by Klarth

I occasionally go out into town and pick **** up from Virgin or HMV, but most of my purchases take place through Amazon, Ebay or The End's online shop.

As for downloads, I grab stuff from peoples' AIM shares, torrent things and force Vampiro to upload albums to Rapidshare. :D

Posted by Richaod

I usually buy from JB Hi-Fi or (not out of choice) Sanity. Sometimes Metal Mayhem. I download mostly from forums/random upload sites, and occasionally BitTorrent or SoulSeek.

Posted by juliebriggs

i love cduniverse. their warehouse is like 20 miles from here, so i get stuff in like 2 days

Posted by Raptor

Soulseek, mostly.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

E-Mule, Ares, BitTorrent, and Limewire.

Posted by Red

Quoting Rebel Rose: E-Mule

there's an E-Mule? I used to have E-Donkey and liked it alot, but I got rid of it for some reason...can't remember why.

Posted by Pit

The internet.

Posted by Vg200x

what do you use to download your music wheather it's Itunes or kaaza?.. im looking into bearshare but I wan't a program where I can still find my music because it's still pretty hard to come by.

Posted by Dexter

Bearshare was no good. Raptor introduced me to Soulseek awhile back and that has been working great for me so far.

torrent sites, DC++ occasionally, upload sites like megaupload, and various people.

Posted by Phantasma2

Friends, DC++, torrents and limewire.

Posted by Omni

I mainly use Limewire and similar programs. I did buy albums from Queen, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, and some other artists I support, however.

Posted by Delilah

Actually, I know this sounds redneck, but I buy most of my music from a VERY, VERY tiny store called "Big Joe's CDs & Records: BUY, SELL, TRADE". I guess that does not help, though...

Posted by The Legend of Me

[url]www.fye.com[/url]

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I get my music at HMV mostly, but I also happen to order some on amazon.com.[/COLOR]

Posted by Killer Jordo

Morpheus, soulseek, and torrents.

Posted by Hyper

Purchasing:

Amazon.com
CDUniverse.com
eBay.com
shopping.theendrecords.com
Best Buy

Or I use AIM Filesharing, Azureus/BitComet/OCCASIONALLY Limewire.

Posted by WackoHater2

Most of the time I download. I used to use WinMX, then Warez, then LimeWire and now LimeWire doesn't work, so I use Blubster. If I buy music, it depends on what I am looking for. Softer rock, hip-hop, country, etc. I go to Wal-Mart. Heavier rock I go to Hot Topic. On the rare occasion that I go to the mall I'll look in FYE.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Frostwire is decent as far as downloads go, but I can't run it for too long because my CPU gets loaded down. As for buying music, Fry's or Best Buy, but if I can't find it at either of those places, I'll use Amazon.

Posted by WackoHater2

Also, Stone Cold Crazy sends me a lot of songs over AIM.