Chavs

Posted by Xenos

I've heard them mentioned here and there but exactly how are chavs like? Being that I never ran into one.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Apparently, if you dont like them, and you want to pass off the blame for some sort of social issue, you just use the word chavs and its all good.

Posted by Ant

chavs are the british equivalent of wiggers in the US.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Apparently now, actually. I think I talked to klarth about it once, and he said no. Cant remember details.

Posted by Bebop

Chavs are a mix between wiggers and rednecks.

[url]www.chavscum.co.uk[/url]

Posted by Xenos

... wow. That's an interesting mix. Almost contradictory.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its entirely contradictory. Spoken like a man who's never met a true redneck.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Xenos: ... wow. That's an interesting mix. Almost contradictory.

It can be seen as that. But its not. They are wiggers for the way they dress, walk and generally act. They are red necks for their income and family backgrounds.

As hard as it sounds if you ever meet a real one it will make sense.

Posted by Lord of Spam

being a redneck has nothing to do with income...:/

I grew up in a redneck area. I've seen chav videos, and seen a few that were here for whatever reason. Trust me when I say that they contain zero percent redneck.

Posted by Klarth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qkLWPL0YENc&search=devvo

Watch, learn.

Posted by Ant

The guy sounds like a cartoon. Then again, most british people do.

In any case, the guy is who runs away is a pussy. He should have beat the **** out of him.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

That's parody. Chavs are, in real life, much worse.

Imagine a Compton gang. Then invert the skin colour, dress them up in Burberry and replace the guns with camera phones.

Posted by Xenos

... camera phones? A friend of mines once told me that chavs were a dangerous bunch.

Pretty much all they end up doing is happy slapping, and they're never intelligent enough not to get caught.

Wit is still the greatest English weapon.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Wings: happy slapping

More of that wacky Brit terminology?

Oh Jesus. Google it. And be glad it hasn't crossed the ocean yet.

Posted by Zeta

Checked Wikipedia. Pretty **** stupid. =/

Posted by Xenos

I doubt Chavs will ever make it in the United States - gangs here tend to be ... violent.

Posted by Slade

Chavs act more like our drugged up homeless people than they do our gangs. They aren't like rednecks at all, because they aren't fat, tobacco chewing, hunting/fishing-obsessed people.

I agree with Xenos, they most likely wouldn't make it here. I wonder what it is about your society that gives them this niche to fill....

Posted by Zeta

Biscuits 'n' tea, most likely.

Posted by s0ul

I'm not gonna lie, happy slapping sounds hilarious.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Wings: Pretty much all they end up doing is happy slapping, and they're never intelligent enough not to get caught.
Don't know where you are, but around here the generally have knives of some kind, and generally don't get caught. Not because they're intelligent, but because the police don't care.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lenin of Spam: being a redneck has nothing to do with income...:/

Ok, so Rednecks HAVE no income. Hmmmm I WONDER HOW THAT IS RELATED TO CHAVS. PERHAPS SPAM I COULD SPELL IT OUT SO CLEARLY BECUASE YOUR SUCH AN IDIOT.

[quote]I grew up in a redneck area. I've seen chav videos, and seen a few that were here for whatever reason. Trust me when I say that they contain zero percent redneck.

Congratualtions. You've never met a chav.
Redneck is the closest thing to a chav in terms of American culture. Get over yourself. Pikey.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting s0ul: I'm not gonna lie, happy slapping sounds hilarious.

People get killed.

Posted by Bebop

If you die from a slap to the face your a pussy.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Soviet Klarth]People get killed.

Whaat?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting Wiki: Happy slapping can be more violent than a mere slap (causing criticism of its name) and may include a strike or even actual bodily harm. Sometimes the assault is performed with other crimes, such as mugging and rape. At least two incidents have resulted in the death of the victim.

Sounds reasonable. An unexpected punch to the temple could do a lot of harm.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bebop]Redneck is the closest thing to a chav in terms of American culture. Get over yourself. Pikey.

You're thinking of "White trash". A redneck can be fairly wealthy and have decent taste about many things.

[quote=s0ul]I'm not gonna lie, happy slapping sounds hilarious.

It's kinda less funny when preteen girls have the shit beaten out of them by a gang of 18 year olds for a quick laugh.

Chavs just wouldn't work in any other country because middle-class English people are too bloody polite for their own good. That and the US has guns.

Make no mistake, though. Chavs get theis a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]ses kicked by normal people on a regular basis.

Posted by Bebop

Isnt white trash basically a redneck?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Speedfreak:
Chavs just wouldn't work in any other country because middle-class English people are too bloody polite for their own good. That and the US has guns.

Make no mistake, though. Chavs get theis a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]ses kicked by normal people on a regular basis.

That's the difference there, I'd say. "Real" gang members here stateside almost always not only have guns, but they often out-gun the police. And there is no "happy slapping." They really do drive up to you, fill you full of lead, and drive off, as seen in countless games and films. An average chav wouldn't last a whole day pretty much anywhere in the states because Americans are, for the most part, irritable and rude (because our society rewards it) and also one of the most heavily armed peoples of any first-world nation. Not a great combination.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Bebop: If you die from a slap to the face your a pussy.

It doesn't just involve slapping, no matter how much it may seem - More often than not they wind up kicking the poor people around. In the head.

Posted by Bebop

Thats is true but happy slapping emereged simply as a slap. Everything afterwards is just an add on. But I think theres a difference between happy slapping and stabbing,which the papers think is the same.