favourite RPG characters

Posted by Red

what are some of your favorite RPG characters from any game any system...for me I like

Darc-Arc the Lad:twightlight of the spirits
Sora-Kingdom Hearts
Cloud-FF VII
Tidus-FFX
Toan-Dark Cloud
Rue-Threads of fate
Musashi-Brave Fencer Musashi
Musashi-Samurai Legend Musashi ( not as good as the first Musashi though)
Vivi-FFXI

this list isn't in any specific order but let me hear yours.

Posted by Colonel

Chibi Robo- Chibi Robo isn't an RPG but ****, that little guy be jammin'!

Posted by Red

fuck yeah man that lil chibbi dude rulez, wish I had him as a house cleaning robot.

Posted by Colonel

id get an army of chibbo's to clean.

Posted by Red

oh you are wise my friend, you are wise.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Everyone not in a Square game!

Posted by Red

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Everyone not in a Square game!

I honestly thought Square had more fans then they do.

Posted by Xenos

What the **** are you all on about?

Posted by keyartist

Locke-FF3-SNES
Cloud-FF7-PS
Zidian-FF9-PS

Posted by Colonel

you are such a FF nut. lol .

Chibi Robo PWNS them all.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Whoever said it before, Legend of Zelda is Action/Adventure not RPG. RPG means multiple characters that you can control, not just one.

Albel the Wicked- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Ash Lambert- Vandal Hearts
Auron- Final Fantasy X
Harle- Chrono Cross
Jin Uzuki- Xenosaga
Laguna- Final Fantasy VIII
Locke- Final Fantasy VI
Nikki- Chrono Cross
Xiao- Dark Cloud
Zack- Final Fantasy VII
Zeta- Makai Kingdom

Posted by Red

Quoting Sean the Fascist: Whoever said it before, Legend of Zelda is Action/Adventure not RPG. RPG means multiple characters that you can control, not just one.

Albel the Wicked- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Ash Lambert- Vandal Hearts
Auron- Final Fantasy X
Jin Uzuki- Xenosaga
Laguna- Final Fantasy VIII
Locke- Final Fantasy III
Xiao- Dark Cloud
Zack- Final Fantasy VII

somewhat of a good choice in characters

and RPG does'nt mean controling numerous characters it means role playing ga.....ah ****. but thanks for that now I finnally know the definition of RPG

list EDITED

Quoting Mr.Red: somewhat of a good choice in characters

and RPG does'nt mean controling numerous characters it means role playing ga.....ah ****. but thanks for that now I finnally know the definition of RPG

list EDITED

Quoting Wikipedia: A roleplaying game (RPG) is a type of game in which players assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Gameplay progresses according to a predetermined system of rules and guidelines, within which players may improvise freely. Players' choices shape the direction and outcome of roleplaying games.

See how characters is plural and not singular? Exactly.

Posted by Zeta

This thread has been made a million times already. Ah well...

Fia- Riviera: The Promised Land
Kefka- FF6
Dekar- Lufia 2
Draggy- Chrono Cross
Robo- Crono Trigger
That's all that comes to mind this time.

Quoting Sean the Fascist: Locke- Final Fantasy III

Hmm, odd. I'm pretty far into FF3 and have yet to see anyone named Locke.

Posted by Red

Quoting Mao Zeta: This thread has been made a million times already. Ah well...

Kefka- FF6
Dekar- Lufia 2
Draggy- Chrono Cross
Robo- Crono Trigger

I'm gunna take a wild stab in the dark here and guess that Robo was the ROBOT from chrono trigger, I can't quite rememeber it's been awhile since I've played that agme but yeah we was fricken sweet.

Quoting Mao Zeta: This thread has been made a million times already. Ah well...

Kefka- FF6
Dekar- Lufia 2
Draggy- Chrono Cross
Robo- Crono Trigger

Yeah, I meant FFVI, but someone above me said he was in FFIII and I got confused.

Also, list updated.

Posted by GameMiestro

Since I played Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls, my first real Squenix game in a long time, I guess I should choose something from there. In that case, I'd choose Minwu from FF2, as he was a pretty awesome mage. FF1 characters were all mediocre at best, but of course, Garland was the best of them all.

Posted by Cruxis

Well, I could say cloud, dart, sephiroth or sora. But I'm not, everyone already talk's about them to death. So-

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that my fav RPG is Radiata Stories, and my favorite character from that game is, Jack.

If any of you haven't actually played this game, I recommend you pick it up on ebay or rent it. I is well worth the time.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

[quote=Sean]RPG means multiple characters that you can control, not just one.
WRONG! RPG = Role Playing Game, douche. Generally used as Roll (of the dice) Playing Game. Fallout, Neverwinter, Morrowind, any MMO, and various other games are great RPG's where you only control one character.

And I swear there are nine hundred other threads like this. Oh well. :)

Myron - Fallout 2
Tellah - FFIV
Isaac - Golden Sun
Mario - Super Mario RPG
Dogmeat - Fallout 1 & 2
Decker - Fallout
Killian Darkwater - Fallout
Tomi - Neverwinter Nights

[quote=Sean]See how characters is plural and not singular? Exactly.

God forbid that Wiki ever be wrong. Look at reasons above as to why that is. >_>

Quoting Sapphire Rose: WRONG! RPG = Role Playing Game, douche. Generally used as Roll (of the dice) Playing Game. Fallout, Neverwinter, Morrowind, any MMO, and various other games are great RPG's where you only control one character.

Obviously RPG is an acronym for Role Playing Game, who said I was trying to argue agains that? And you can't use MMORPGs (by the way, that's Massive-Multiplayer Online RPGs, but you probably already knew that since you're such a wiz with acronyms) as suitable material to argue single-player RPGs since.

And any idiot knows there are exceptions to the rules.

And by the way, RPG can also be rocket propelled grenade, I bet you didn't know that champ.

AND BY THE WAY, it's not Roll Playing Game because you can roll die, it's Role Playing Game because you assume the roles of characters in an intricate story and plotline.

Posted by NEMI

Definetely Squall from FF8,Cloud from FF7 and Tidus from FFX. Those are my heroes :cheer: !!!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Obviously RPG is an acronym for Role Playing Game, who said I was trying to argue agains that? And you can't use MMORPGs (by the way, that's Massive-Multiplayer Online RPGs, but you probably already knew that since you're such a wiz with acronyms) as suitable material to argue single-player RPGs since.

Alright, ruling out MMO's there are still plenty of games to support me.

[QUOTE=Sean the Wicked]And any idiot knows there are exceptions to the rules.

And I assume you're the idiot to know this?

[QUOTE=Sean the Wicked]And by the way, RPG can also be rocket propelled grenade, I bet you didn't know that champ.

Actually, having every male in every generation before me be a veteran, yes, I knew that, chump.

[QUOTE=Sean the Wicked]AND BY THE WAY, it's not Roll Playing Game because you can roll die, it's Role Playing Game because you assume the roles of characters in an intricate story and plotline.

If you took the extra half a brain cell to notice that I stated it was ROLE:
[quote=Me]RPG = Role Playing Game, douche.

Now, go beat a wife or something. I've got no more time to waste with you. :D

Quoting Sapphire Rose: If you took the extra half a brain cell to notice that I stated it was ROLE:

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Generally used as Roll (of the dice) Playing Game.

Sup?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Because much of the population does not know where their shit came from, or what it means. So in GENERAL, people assume it means as such, and remain ignorant. Read what I say, and read it completely.

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Because much of the population does not know where their shit came from, or what it means. So in GENERAL, people assume it means as such, and remain ignorant. Read what I say, and read it completely.

Role Playing Game = assuming the role of a character or characters following a story. Used in Final Fantasy as the most basic example.

Tabletop Role Playing Game = role playing game where a die/multiple die are used in order to predict the outcome of certain events, effects leveling up, etc. Used in Dungeons and Dragons, seen in Elder Scrolls, need I go on?

;-*

Posted by Sapphire Rose

No shit douche. Notice how I was saying most people were ignorant? And that's why they call it "Roll"?

As a table-top player, I know this, and very well thank you very much.

LEARN TO READ MY FUCKING TEXT!

[quote=Sean]Role Playing Game = assuming the role of a character or characters following a story.
So, backing out of saying that you had to assume control of multiple characters?

Quoting Sapphire Rose: No shit douche. Notice how I was saying most people were ignorant? And that's why they call it "Roll"?

As a table-top player, I know this, and very well thank you very much.

LEARN TO READ MY FUCKING TEXT!

So, backing out of saying that you had to assume control of multiple characters?

I never fully admitted to either of what you said. Kingdom Hearts doesn't let you control multiple characters directly, but you can alter the way party members battle and the way they use items, almost to a strategic sense too. Hence, you control one character primarily, but you can also control how others act.

Can't find a flaw in everything I do, sadly.

And if you don't want people mistaken words you type for other things you should learn to explain them more clearly, love.

;-*

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Sean the Wicked: I never fully admitted to either of what you said. Kingdom Hearts doesn't let you control multiple characters directly, but you can alter the way party members battle and the way they use items, almost to a strategic sense too. Hence, you control one character primarily, but you can also control how others act.

Can't find a flaw in everything I do, sadly.

And if you don't want people mistaken words you type for other things you should learn to explain them more clearly, love.

;-*

Or, you can read them more closely. :D

And you can't even indirectly control characters in games like Oblivion. :-D

Quoting Sapphire Rose: And you can't even indirectly control characters in games like Oblivion. :-D

I'm inclined to believe that Oblivion, like Morrowind, had a system that was based off dice rolls unless they eliminated that as an upgrade...which I believe they just removed the ability for them to make you miss completely when clearly hitting an enemy in the face with a sword/weapon of choice.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Sean the Wicked: I'm inclined to believe that Oblivion, like Morrowind, had a system that was based off dice rolls unless they eliminated that as an upgrade...which I believe they just removed the ability for them to make you miss completely when clearly hitting an enemy in the face with a sword/weapon of choice.

What in the blue fuck does that have to do with indirectly controling other characters?

Quoting Sapphire Rose: What in the blue fuck does that have to do with indirectly controling other characters?

If you even paid attention to our earlier discussion, you'd understand that Tabletop Role Playing Games are focused on die rolls and single player combat. Now, the Elder Scrolls may be a video game, but it uses the same system as one Tabletop RPG and therefore could be deemed as the video version of said game.

Therefore making you argument moot.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Sean the Wicked: If you even paid attention to our earlier discussion, you'd understand that Tabletop Role Playing Games are focused on die rolls and single player combat. Now, the Elder Scrolls may be a video game, but it uses the same system as one Tabletop RPG and therefore could be deemed as the video version of said game.

Therefore making you argument moot.

Well, you responded to my statement that in the Oblivion video game that you cannot indirectly control other characters. And yes, I know this, no one is arguing that.

Thus, making you a moron.

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Well, you responded to my statement that in the Oblivion video game that you cannot indirectly control other characters. And yes, I know this, no one is arguing that.

Thus, making you a moron.

You obviously can't read this English language, so allow me to explain it in another one for you. And excuse me if some things are off, I haven't had French in over a year.

L'oubli utilise un systeme de similiar a cela de Dessus de table Role Jouer les Jeux, et est donc equivalent au style qu'ils sont joues dans lesquels le joueur controle un caractere seul et pas multiple. Amuser le garcon de chien~

Now do you understand? Or would you prefer it in moon language?

Posted by El Cascade

Favorite characters, eh? Might as well. Let's see now...eh, a partial list, I guess, from what I can recall.

Georg Prime (Suikoden II, Suikoden V)
Geddoe (Suikoden III)
Viktor (Suikoden, Suikoden II)
Kika (Suikoden IV, Suikoden Tactics)
Citan Uzuki (Xenogears)
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears)
Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII)
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)
Reno (Final Fantasy VII)
Jack Van Burace (Wild ARMs/Wild ARMs Alter Code: F)
Zed (Wild ARMs/Wild ARMs Alter Code: F)
Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4)
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
Justin (Grandia)
Ryudo (Grandia II)
Millenia (Grandia II)
Chester Burklight (Tales of Phantasia)
Regal Bryant (Tales of Symphonia)
Will Raynard (Tales of Legendia)
Grune (Tales of Legendia)
Jessica (Lunar: SSSC)
Kyle (Lunar: SSSC)
Tosh (Arc the Lad Collection)
Shu (Arc the Lad Collection)
Dias Flac (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)

Posted by Red

I like your taste in games

Posted by Sak

Lulu - FFX
Paine - FFX-2
Rikku - FFX-2
Sheena - Tales of Symphonia
Presea - Tales of Symphonia
Kairi - Kingdom Hearts 2
Chloe - Tales of Legendia
Kika - Suikoden IV
Mizuki - Suikoden IV
Archer - Gauntlet : Dark Legacy
Xing Cai - Dynasty Warriors 5 (this counts as an rpg, right?)
Kunoichi - Samurai Warriors (this counts as an rpg, right?)
Ina Tokugawa - Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends (same question as the previous 2)

Posted by Random

I'm going to say the Character you play in Fable.

This is due to the fact that you can choose if you want to be good or evil. You can even go into detail on what you look like. Fable is an excellent excellent game that I miss very very much ='(

Now if I had to choose a different character, I'd probably be shooting for Ryu from the Breath of Fire series.

Posted by HELLbillie

Mot exactly in order:
Auron - FF10
Cloud - FF7
Squall & Zell - FF8
Link - Ocarina of Time
Ark - Terranigma
Oni-Link - Majoras Mask
Paine - FF10-2

and there is such a thing as single character RPGs. Look at the zelda Franchise

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

oll, old thread revive

I'm going to vote for Ryudo from Grandia II. He reminded me of former VGS poster Kahran Ramsus/Mitsugari Kusanagi with the constant sarcasm, and amused me completely.

Posted by Orlandu

Has anyone ever played FFTactics or what? U take any character in gaming history and they pale in comparison to the Thunder G0D.

Posted by Zeta

Update time.

Baldus- Yggdra Union
Elena- Yggdra Union
Refia- FF3 DS
Galuf- FF5
Gilgamesh- FF5
Ultros- FF6
Kefka- FF6
Quina- FF9
Dekar- Lufia 2
Draggy- Chrono Cross
Robo- Crono Trigger

And I still feel like I'm forgetting some.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[IMG]http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/04%20-%20Ultros.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Mefossa

Albert Steiner- FFIX
Jack- Radiata Stories
Gafgarion- FF Tactics
Dark Adonis- Disgaea
Cliff- Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Flonne- Disgaea
Thursday the Super Robot- Disgaea

Posted by *'H'*

I like
Zidane-FFIX
Garnet-FFIX
Cloud-FFVII

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI, just because he's a total bastard. He's the videogame equiv of the Joker from The Dark Knight. Not a good side, not a "pity him" side, not a "different sense of justice" side, just pure evil.

Posted by #061402

For me it'd be Sarah Sisulart from Lost Odyssey, Cid Highwind and Kefka. Kefka >>>>> Sephiroth.

Oh yeah, Wrex from Mass Effect.

Posted by ExoXile

Yuffie, Cloud, Selphie, Aeris.
Can't think of anymore right now.

Oh, right, tidus.