Subscribed Threads

Posted by Last Fog

Since after the hack, I've had a problem. I keep getting emails for new posts to every thread I reply to, even when I unsubscribe. It bothers me. Help.

Posted by Hyper

User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> No email notification. Simple as that.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Hyper: User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> No email notification. Simple as that.

I know that.

But I want notification for just subscribed... not everything I reply to.

Posted by Hyper

Eh, its in there somewhere. Look around.

Posted by Trigger

"When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread." Basically, if you have it set to e-mail you with a notification, it applies to every thread you create or reply to. Personally, I just don't use subscriptions at all.

Posted by Hyper

You automatically subscribe to everything you reply to if you select email notification there. You can unsubscribe from any thread you're currently subscribed to, though.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Hyper: You automatically subscribe to everything you reply to if you select email notification there. You can unsubscribe from any thread you're currently subscribed to, though.

It would just re-subscribe him as soon as he posts in the thread again though, right?

Posted by Hyper

Probably.

Wait, here we go. If you use the normal reply instead of the quick reply, you can change your subscription type per thread. I hardly ever use the normal reply so I didn't notice.

Posted by Trigger

It seems a little tedious to be using that every single time you post, though.

Edit: I tested the Subscription settings. The thread is subscribed when you post or create a thread. If you delete the subscription, it will re-appear the next time you make a post in the thread. If you wanted the thread to not subscribe, you'd have to use the Additional Options in the Advanced reply every single time you post. If it isn't used, your typical subscription settings are used and once again, the thread you don't care about is subscribed once more.

Posted by Hyper

Jesse could install an addon for the quick reply that lets you choose it from there, but you would still have to select each time. That's why you can set the default in the User CP, and then just change it when you don't want the default to apply.

Posted by Last Fog

You guys just don't get it.

Ok... After I reply to a post it seems I'm subscribed permanently. Even if unsubscribe, I still get notifications. It was never like that before.