Is wavedashing actually worth it?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I've only recently learned about wavedashing, and after some practice I've gotten proficient at it. But so far the only use I've found for it is grabbing onto ledges so your enemies can't.
Certainly there must be something to wavedashing I haven't discovered?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Getting around the stage quicker, mind games, moving smash attacks, grabbing ledges, et cetera.

It's pretty limited and barely useful when playing against the computer, but it's handy if you're playing against a friend.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm actually in the same position. I felt like "wtf, online smash bros coming, better learn to do this." Once I did, I didn't find it as useful as everyone made it out to be. Maybe it's just 'cause I've already learned to fight without it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: moving smash attacks

I read you could do that, but I never managed to. :(

It helps if you don't pick someone with a very small slide (like Shiek). Try it with the Ice Climbers or Luigi.

Posted by Dog

I usually use wavedashing for good counter attacks and moving smash attacks. I don't get much use of anything else you can do with it.

Posted by Arczu

Wavedashing... well I never really could pull it off constantly. I only just learned what it is, but in a way, I can't see it's uses yet. If you are going to be control input-heavy though, this does have it's uses.

Probably the reason why so many people use Fox or Falco. Adding speed to already fast characters.

Hey, does wavedash shorten the animations you characters do? Or was that something different... I can't remember. Somehow they were doing everything faster than you normally could.

Quoted post: Hey, does wavedash shorten the animations you characters do? Or was that something different... I can't remember. Somehow they were doing everything faster than you normally could.

Thinking of L-cancel? It cuts lag by about half.

Quoted post: I can't see it's uses yet.

If you only use it to cliff-hang, that's reason enough to learn it.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Pretty much, the players who play with (insert character here) use it.

Its useful enough if you can guard the edge in a quick split second
Its useful to move away from the opponent when he attacks you so you DON'T sheild and instead of getting lag from the shield, you can attack him while he recovers his hit.
It's also useful to rush at the opponent, Samus players drop a missle and wavedash WITH the missle at a good constant speed.

Wavedash while smashing. Hell, if you get awesome with dashing, you can use it normally in combo's. Who wants to walk or run when you can use something that adds so much speed in just a few seconds o_O

Is it worth it? Ask the people who keep winning loads of money. I'm sure they'll have a good answer for you.

Posted by Gargomon251

Will it even work in brawl? I'll laugh if it doesn't.

Posted by Roger Smith

If I tap GoldenMyr, will I get my White mana?

Also: Way to bump a thread yo.

Quoted post: Will it even work in brawl? I'll laugh if it doesn't.

Depends on the physics.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

my friend wave dashes with luigi, and he is very good with him, other than that he does not do it much at all