Sony accuses MS of copying.

Posted by Hyper

Dear lord.

[quote] "Sony boss: Microsoft copies everything we do"

Friendly banter between competing corporate executives is nothing new. Sometimes, however, it starts to spiral out of control, and takes on a life of its own. In the days of the Super Nintendo Entertainment system, disagreements (both public and private) between Nintendo and Sony over the licensing of the planned CD-ROM addon for the SNES caused Sony to strike out on their own and create the PlayStation, effectively ending Nintendo's dominance of the video game arena.

These days, however, the big battle of words is between Sony and Microsoft. This was evidenced by recent statements from Kaz Hirai, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), in an interview with PlayStation Magazine. With the Xbox 360 recovering from an awkward launch last November

Posted by Klarth

PS3's online marketplace is nothing like Xbox Live
Trigger buttons were Sony's own innovation
The PS3's "Home" button was Sony's own innovation
The 360 controller vibrates; everyone knows Sony came up with that
Ridge Racer 6 is on the Xbox 360, now they're stealing from Sony again
The PS1 was the first console to use optical discs as a storage medium, Microsoft stole that idea
A DVD player in a games console? Definitely Sony's idea, nobody can touch it
A games console based on a shredded version of a PC OS? Sony's idea, **** off
Memory cards? Definitely Sony's greatest innovation
Dual analogue sticks? Nobody else can use them. Ever.

Posted by Hyper

Oh, and that genius idea of having 2 versions of the console available at launch.

Posted by Klarth

SONY'S IDEA, DON'T YOU ****ING FORGET IT YOU ****ING COCKSUCKER

Posted by Prince Shondronai

How dare Microsoft steal things that sony stole first, fair-and-square?

Posted by Colonel

Their arrogance is ammusing, they think they are the greatest thing ever. period. Sure, they're market leaders by alot but give me a break. I can just see the big motivational sign hanging at sony corp. "THEY WILL BUY. THEY MUST."

Posted by Red

Quoting Soviet Klarth: PS3's online marketplace is nothing like Xbox Live
The PS1 was the first console to use optical discs as a storage medium, Microsoft stole that idea

Agreed

Posted by Linko_16

At the beginning of the last generation, I probably would've agreed. Microsoft's idea to butt in on the videogame business was basically making something that did everything the Playstation did better. As far as I'm concerned now, though, this is just more "no its mine!", "no its ur fault!", "no ur the copycat!" This kind of stuff is far from new or surprising, and it's up to the companies to deliver.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: "We seem to. Every time we go down a path, we look behind and they're right there - we just can't shake these guys. I wish that they would come up with some strategies of their own, but they seem to be going down the path of everything we do. If you look at their strategy in other business areas as well, they tend to do that."

wat is business?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like how when sony points out that ms ripped on them, everyone just says "lol wut do u expekt" but when sony rips from dealy beloved nintendo, everyone is up in arms. This only reinforces what I've been saying the whole time: this is standard business practices. Get over it.

Everyone in this thread that didnt care and also *****ed about sony ripping nintendo has moved one step closer to being a nintendo fanboy.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lenin of Spam]I like how when sony points out that ms ripped on them, everyone just says "lol wut do u expekt" but when sony rips from dealy beloved nintendo, everyone is up in arms. This only reinforces what I've been saying the whole time: this is standard business practices. Get over it.

Everyone in this thread that didnt care and also *****ed about sony ripping nintendo has moved one step closer to being a nintendo fanboy.

You win Idiot of the Week. The reason for the controversy is that this is the pot calling the kettle black. When Nintendo say Sony rip them off there isn't any controvery, because Nintendo have stolen bugger all from them. Sony, on the other hand, have absolutely no right to complain about Microsoft when they themselves have stated that they're attempting to copy Xbox Live.

The fact that you fail to understand such an incredibly simple concept, have tried to put a typical fanboy spin on it and you're indulging in that stupid russia fad has confirmed, reinforced and cemented the fact that you're an idiot.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Soviet Klarth: PS3's online marketplace is nothing like Xbox Live

Are you being serious or not?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: You win Idiot of the Week. The reason for the controversy is that this is the pot calling the kettle black. When Nintendo say Sony rip them off there isn't any controvery, because Nintendo have stolen bugger all from them. Sony, on the other hand, have absolutely no right to complain about Microsoft when they themselves have stated that they're attempting to copy Xbox Live.

The fact that you fail to understand such an incredibly simple concept, have tried to put a typical fanboy spin on it and you're indulging in that stupid russia fad has confirmed, reinforced and cemented the fact that you're an idiot.

Thats not whats going on here. most of the last few response were "lol buziness". I can agree that they are being hypicrits, and that this is just bad publicity (then agian, any free publicity is good publicity...) but the point stands that most here are still being jsut as hypocritical as sony could ever hope to be.

Also, speak ill of da motherland again and go str8 2 da gulag lol.[spoiler]seriosuly, is making fun of my DA association all that you have to fall back on?:([/spoiler]

Posted by GameMiestro

"Losing money on consoles? We totally thought of that!"

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lenin of Spam]Thats not whats going on here. most of the last few response were "lol buziness". I can agree that they are being hypicrits, and that this is just bad publicity (then agian, any free publicity is good publicity...) but the point stands that most here are still being jsut as hypocritical as sony could ever hope to be.

Also, speak ill of da motherland again and go str8 2 da gulag lol.[spoiler]seriosuly, is making fun of my DA association all that you have to fall back on?:([/spoiler]

There are tons of awful things that are standard business practice, doesn't mean it's okay.

Posted by s0ul

YEAH WAS USING THE JEWS IN WORLD WAR II TO MAKE FINELY CRAFTED AUTOMOBILES ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE

Okay, it was, bad example, but Sony's still being crazy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

No, it doesnt. But that was hardly the point. The point was that when its sony doing it, suddenly its evil, but when someone else does it, its "meh, standard business".

Really, dont tell me you couldnt see that.:(

Posted by Moogs

I don't give a ****. I am still playing my 360. They're *****ing isn't going to get me to hate microsoft, even though I don't really like them.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Lenin of Spam: No, it doesnt. But that was hardly the point. The point was that when its sony doing it, suddenly its evil, but when someone else does it, its "meh, standard business".

Really, dont tell me you couldnt see that.:(

You seem to be missing the point.

Yeah it may be a practice to take stuff in this industry. BUT Sony is doing this AND whining that Micro Soft is also doing it.

Its a double standard, That’s like having one politician taking bribes and yelling at another politician for taking bribes.

So yeah that’s pretty low. I cant help it if its Sony doing these things. Blame Sony

Posted by Etna

Not really a big deal companies have been doing this for years now. I don't know why few people here are all getting worked up about something so minor.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"Its a double standard, Thats like having one politician taking bribes and yelling at another politician for taking bribes."

You are aware that this happens ALL THE TIME, right?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Lenin of Spam:
You are aware that this happens ALL THE TIME, right?

Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean its right

:cookie: