Final Fantasy III to have Wi-Fi!

Posted by Klarth

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/714/714043p1.html

I CAN'T ****ING WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER

Posted by Zeta

If it's online battles then it's a good thing they're balancing all the jobs, otherwise everyone would just be using 2 Ninjas and 2 Sages.

Oh shi- FF3 comes out the same day as MegaMan ZX.

Posted by Klarth

both get :D

Posted by Zeta

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, too.

My wallet asplode.

Posted by GameMiestro

Most encouraging. I've never played Final Fantasy triple-I, but I hope it's more like the second game than the first.

Posted by Zeta

It's more like FFV, with the job system and stuff.

II's stat-up system sucked.

EDIT: The main site has updated, but my comp freezes up after the video. :( Could someone post any new job art from the site?

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff3/main.html

Posted by Fadedblood

Which final fantasy is the one with the Mechs in the beginning? (Is that Japan 3 or US 3?) And is this one Japan 3 or US 3?

Posted by Zeta

Japan 3, with the Onion Knights. The Magitek one is FF6.

Posted by Fadedblood

ok, FFVI is an AMAZING game ..... havent played the onion knights one

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

The concept alone ensures its massive win.

Posted by Klarth

Posted by Zeta

I don't see Arc in that picture.

Posted by Klarth

Awesome nonetheless.

Indeed. Quite the excellent cover.

Posted by Zeta

Scan. Includes Shiva, Nepto's Shrine, Cid, airship travel, and... some weird pirate guy that probably belongs to something on the next page.

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/viploader218990.jpg

Posted by Grave Wisdom

This game just keeps getting better and better! :)

Posted by Zeta

Translation of the scan, stole- er, borrowed from GameFaqs.

FF3 SCORES FULL POINTS OF FUN!!
THREE MAJOR FUN POINTS: INTRODUTION

1. YOUR WAY OF USING DIFFERENT JOB CAN DETERMINE YOUR GAME PALY!
For example, some jobs are needed during some scenarios in the adventure. When you're lost? Don't think too much, consider job change first.

[Picture top]
Arc: Hey there is a small hole, if we change into mini-man maybe we can get in?!
* Change to mini-man (kobito) and get into narrow place!

[Picture bottom]
* Even in mini-man status, magic ability remains!

Another example:
Sommon magic has three systems now! According to your job you'll have different result!

[Pic brown panel top right]
* Summon magic "Aisin" would call for Shiva!!

[Pic bronw panel botton right]
* Black effect: Attack with ice. Conjurer and sage can random get this effect!!

[Pic bronw panel top left]
* Combined effect: Diamond dust freezes the enemy! Summoner could cause this effect.

[Pic bronw panel botton right]
* White effect: Hypnotic ray, causing enemy to sleep. Conjurer and sage can random get this effect!!

2. US DS TO PLAY "MOGU-NET"!!
Make good use of the DS function; write letter to your friends and the sub-characters!

[pic top]
* In the street somewhere you'd found Moggle, talk to them!!

[pic middle]
* You can write them letter
[letter says: "GOOD DAY!!"]

[pic next to left]
* And they will seriously reply!!

[pic further left, with an old person in middle]
* Based on the letters you can unlock new event!
[Topapa: the children had gone to altar cave... sorry, but can you go look for them?]
[penguin_knight: Topapa is the elder who raised Luneth and Arc]

3. TALK ABOUT FF? TALK ABOUT AIRSHIP? IT HAT TO BE ABOUT CID!!!

An irreplaceble character in FF series, Cid is definitely in! When can we meet him?

[pic with Cid]
* A genius who invents airship.

[pic in the pink panel]
HERE WE'LL SHOW YOU SOME AIRSHIPS IN FFIII SERIES!
[top: super high speed airship Norchiras]
* In FFIII, there are a lot of airships! All of them are needed for adventure.

[bottom: giagantic carrier Invincible]
* It's a battle ship so naturally comes with firepower; inside it also carries a lot of convenient functions!

Posted by Apathetic

I cant wait for this either, RPG's are the only games that Im somewhat decent at online (yeah stfu **** mariokart hax0rz :mad:). Anyways how did they plan this, didnt the 4th come out on SP already, or is only the 3rd being put on DS?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Apathetic]I cant wait for this either, RPG's are the only games that Im somewhat decent at online (yeah stfu **** mariokart hax0rz :mad:). Anyways how did they plan this, didnt the 4th come out on SP already, or is only the 3rd being put on DS?

How can you be good at an RPG? All you have to do is fight monsters for 300 hours :p:

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting Zeta: II's stat-up system sucked.

Once you got used to it, it was awesome. It made you realize how pointlessly annoying the job system was, and got rid of the need to constantly train (though you could get tons of stat improvements if you wanted to, anyways).

[quote=Speedfreak]How can you be good at an RPG? All you have to do is fight monsters for 300 hours

Exactly. Look at what happened with the RPG Inferno, you could easily see who were the "good" players there... :cookie:

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Klarth][URL="http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/714/714043p1.html"]http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/714/714043p1.html[/URL]

I CAN'T ****ING WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER

Wow Klarth, I did'nt know you liked Final Fantasy III. You're just getting cooler and cooler in my eyes.

anyways,

I Actually can't beleive that they have neglected to port this game already. I mean, they have already ported 1,2,4,5, & 6, so you would think that Final Fantasy III would at least be the one FF game to be ported. Final Fantasy III wasn't really mass produced here in america anyway. Many consider the Rare SNES final fantasy III title to be the rarest game of all time. So naturally I was siked when I read that they where already half way through producing a DS port. Even better it was to have totally new 3D graphics and a extended story.

All I can say about this situation is: It is about **** time. :)

Posted by Zeta

The Japanese are ****ing psyched about this game. There are posters EVERYWHERE.

Seriously? I mean, FF and the DS? Who woulda thought... =P

Posted by Zeta

Hell, the fact that it's on DS has nothing to do with it. Just the fact that FF3 is finally being remade.

Fun fact: In some interview one of the people working on the game said there'd be other remakes like this if it sold well. So since it's naturally going to be a best-seller...

Quoted post: Hell, the fact that it's on DS has nothing to do with it. Just the fact that FF3 is finally being remade.

Oh no, the DS plays a part. The DS is HUEG over there. So FFIII on the hottest item just drives the sale home even more.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Chris Day]
Wow Klarth, I did'nt know you liked Final Fantasy III. You're just getting cooler and cooler in my eyes.
Take my dick out of your mouth, please. The teeth are disturbing :(

I just wish they'd do a 3D remake of FFVI. That'd break FFIII in the arse.

Posted by Zeta

Meh, I don't know. I always felt that being 2D was part of 6's charm. Though if they did do that I'd like them to look like they did in Square's 3d game engine demo way back when.

Posted by Arcadios

Never played Final Fantasy III or VI but I think I have VI on my playstatin Disc along with V but I'll really looking forward to this September.

Posted by Arczu

This looks like something I HAVE to get when it comes. I never got a chance to play the 3 here, but dang this looks great.

Posted by Zeta

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/ff01.jpg

******* Japanese get the cool FF3 DS Lite =(

Posted by Cruxis

I just wish they'd do a 3D remake of FFVI. That'd break FFIII in the arse.

---
Wasn't FFVI fairly long? atleast compared to FFIII. I would think that they would have a fairly hard time fiting a Graphically updated Final Fantasy VI on a DS cartrage. Still If they could, then I agree it would defenatly consume the final fantasy DS market.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Zeta: http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/ff01.jpg

****, I wish that would come to the US.

Import it.

Posted by Cruxis

You know, you all have a point. They have those different attachable skins for the GB:Micro & 360. I really think they should start making them for the DS too.:)

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Zeta: http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/ff01.jpg

Holy ****! They're numbered!
[quote=Chris Day]You know, you all have a point. They have those different attachable skins for the GB:Micro & 360. I really think they should start making them for the DS too.:)
They DS isn't designed to have detachable faceplates. Wouldn't work.

Posted by Zeta

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mzr2C7GotBU

New gameplay footage. Pretty much the whole intro dungeon. They seem to have replaced one of the Leather Shield chests with a sword.

Luv the updated boss music. <3

Posted by Arcadios

I'm looking forward to this game since the new job system looks very good and I found this pick of the special edition DS Lite.

Posted by Klarth

There's also a Pokémon-themed one of which only 100 copies exist...

Posted by Slade

I've moaned more reading this thread than any other. Ever.

That's it, I'm getting a DS.

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Tahoma]"It

Posted by Arcadios

This Semptember is going to be ****ing great.
A nice Final Fantasy on the DS and the Wii.
Can it get any better?
Maybe a price drop on the PS3.
I wouldn't hold my breathe. :(

Quoted post: This Semptember is going to be ****ing great.
A nice Final Fantasy on the DS and the Wii.
Can it get any better?
Maybe a price drop on the PS3.
I wouldn't hold my breathe.

... yeah, nor would I. The chances of a price drop for the PS3... before it releases is pretty slim.

Posted by Arcadios

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4558
I like the music so far.
This game will not disappoint and I'm going on a trip this December so it'll be great to being this around. :wacko:

Wi-fi is for sending mail.

Posted by DPDude

I'm kinda curious what will be Wi-fi about it...just battles? Maybe new quests? That'd be kinda cool...

Quoted post: I'm kinda curious what will be Wi-fi about it...just battles? Maybe new quests? That'd be kinda cool...

... read the post... right above yours...

Posted by Zeta

Bump... >_> <_<

found a scan with all of the jobs, except Onion Knight.
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/73/ff3jobscanhd0.jpg

And here's Onion Knight
http://img.3112.net/archive/2006/08/16/3112.net_e3ef7e79f0ca78ce0c854e5a08ee980c.jpg

Posted by Klarth

...I'm so having a party of four Vikings.

Vikings, sages, and ninjas. lol.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Klarth: ...I'm so having a party of four Vikings.

RAPE PILLAGE AND BURN ...and Provoke, I guess.

I'm probably going to stick with the classic 2 Sages 2 Ninjas party from the NES version, even though it won't be as much overkill as before.

Or full powered Onion Knights, lol.

Posted by Klarth

I like the idea of a viking, a dark knight, a red mage and a dragoon, assuming that all classes function as they have done in previous FF instalments.

Wasn't FFIV the only other game with dark knights?

Posted by Klarth

Newsflash: FFIII is delayed until November the seventeenth, in order to give FFV advance some shelf time.

Posted by Zeta

Well, at least September isn't as cluttered up with games I want anymore. Hell, I don't think Portrait of Ruin is going to be out in September, so I can just get ZX.

November... what a ****ty time. Too much to purchase around then, guess I'll get it when I have some cash to burn.