Deep Dive *Interesting Find*

Posted by Tysis

Ok, I was watching a music video, and noticed something I have never noticed before. This could be old news to some and others may have not noticed it either.

You know the part where Riku jumps off the building, catches Roxas's Oblivion, and then they fight?

(memory refresher)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpv-nIusIY&mode=related&search=roxas%20vs%20riku

Well here's the real version (I just call it that because it's with better graphics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFghLGOq6FA&search=deep%20dive

In the real version, if you watch closely, you will notice that Roxas still has two keyblades after he throws Riku one. But in the KH2 version, Roxas only has his Oathkeeper while Riku uses Oblivion.

Mess up? Did the KH crew forget something? Or did it have a deeper
meaning that they didn't bother with when they made the actual game?
Please give me your opinions, because It's bugging the crap out of me.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Wow I never noticed that.Are you absolutly sure that he never had the other keyblade in KH2?
I have to go play it again or find the scene somewhere.

Posted by NeXidala

probably a glitch between the two where they forgot to add the other keyblade in one video or forgot to take away the keyblade from another....dont really think it means much :insane:

Posted by Roxas23857

Or maybe it does mean something but your mostly right it's nothing.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Roxas Lover: Wow I never noticed that.Are you absolutly sure that he never had the other keyblade in KH2?
I have to go play it again or find the scene somewhere.

The links for both are in the post.

Posted by WackoHater2

Its kinda cool. I dont see it meaning anything.. but that'd be cool if it did.

Posted by Tysis

Yea, I don't actually think it means anything, at least not any more. It doesn't seem like they would mess up on something like that though, so at first, they probably had a reason for it, but now, seeing as how they didnt do it for the game, its probably nothing.

Posted by Arcadios

Actually I noticed that when I saw the vid a couple of times and thats the kingdom key but square decided to cut that out of KHII.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Mr.Nintendo: Actually I noticed that when I saw the vid a couple of times and thats the kingdom key but square decided to cut that out of KHII.

Yea I thought it looked like the Kingdom Key. So they never said what it was intentionally was supposed to be? Like he just threw one then popped out another? Thats sooooooome logic. I see why they cut it.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Tysis: The links for both are in the post.

Ok sorry didn't notice it before.
If you think about it in the secret ending the other keyblade looked like the Kingdom Key,kinda.So maybe it was indicating that he was going to get the Kingdom Key in KH2 which he did.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=Tysis]Ok, I was watching a music video, and noticed something I have never noticed before. This could be old news to some and others may have not noticed it either.

You know the part where Riku jumps off the building, catches Roxas's Oblivion, and then they fight?

(memory refresher)
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpv-nIusIY&mode=related&search=roxas%20vs%20riku"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpv-nIusIY&mode=related&search=roxas%20vs%20riku[/URL]

Well here's the real version (I just call it that because it's with better graphics)
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFghLGOq6FA&search=deep%20dive"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFghLGOq6FA&search=deep%20dive[/URL]

In the real version, if you watch closely, you will notice that Roxas still has two keyblades after he throws Riku one. But in the KH2 version, Roxas only has his Oathkeeper while Riku uses Oblivion.

Mess up? Did the KH crew forget something? Or did it have a deeper
meaning that they didn't bother with when they made the actual game?
Please give me your opinions, because It's bugging the crap out of me.

ok i saw that video the other day, but may be... i dont know that got me to. maybe riku trows it back. i wrote somethin about this in another thread.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Kingdomkeys: ok i saw that video the other day, but may be... i dont know that got me to. maybe riku trows it back. i wrote somethin about this in another thread.

Naw, Roxas still has both while Riku still has Oblivion. Not trying to correct you or anything, just letting you know.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

It's interesting, I can certainly say that, but I already figured out what happened. So, Roxas runs up the building and tosses Riku the Oblivion (the keyblade which represents him), but now Roxas is still holding the Oathkeeper and...wait...another keyblade? Well, there is one screenshot in slow motion of Roxas running past Riku. Now, the size is a lot smaller because it increases the quality a lot so you can see the keyblade's shapes. We all know what Oblivion looks like, partially rounded at the bottom with those jagged edges and the actual key part is all fancy and such.

However...if you look at Roxas' keyblade, not only is it not black like the Oblivion (it even reflects light which black can't do), but it was more of a pale yellow color. Also, the shape of the handle is different, to where the Oblivion is partially rounded and jagged, this keyblade is like a softly rounded hexagon.

Which in conclusion ladies and gentleman, tells me this keyblade is indeed, the one and the only: Kingdom Key.

*bows*

Posted by Tysis

Very interesting. sigh. It makes me sad that they didn't include this mystery in the actual game. Think about it; If Roxas threw Riku the Oblivion and now he has the Kingdom Key in it's place, obviously they didn't mess up, It's supposed to be like that (Yes, I know. I am stating the obvious). I would just like to know where their logic in that is. Can keyblade users just conjur up any keyblade at will?

The way they make people just conjur up an extra keyblade kinda makes the keyblade seem less significant. It seems too easy to just make one. Roxas has/uses two, Sora at times uses two, and Riku also brought out a second one. Seems like Mickey's the only one man enough to kick *** and still only have one. I know Sean and some other people say that Roxas's keyblades are fake, but it still seems like they make it too easy to have more. Ohh. That makes me wonder now. Sean, didn't you say your theory was that Roxas can't use real keyblades? Does this change your position on that now, or do you think that it's fake or something. (Im not being sarcastic or anything, in case it might sound like that.)

Even though you asked it in a different way, I'm just going to explain it all again.

Roxas isn't a real keyblade wielder, his keyblades are just conjurations (mimics, replicas, what have you) of real keyblades based on the memories of Sora. Hence, why he gets Oathkeeper (represents Kairi and also Light) and Oblivion (represents Riku and also Dark). All the Organization XIII member's weapons are like this, including Xehanort/Xemnas. End of story. The reason Roxas would of conjured the Kingdom Key is obviously because it would tie him to Sora.

Posted by jefferey shalome

of course!!! what in the name of all that is magical would point to any other ansewer?
Oh, btw sean, of all of the bleach characters, why that one for your avi? The pic is cooland all, just curious.

Quoting jefferey shalome: of course!!! what in the name of all that is magical would point to any other ansewer?
Oh, btw sean, of all of the bleach characters, why that one for your avi? The pic is cooland all, just curious.

Because Kisuke Urahara is my favorite. Not only is his power beyond any of the Shinigami (that includes Ichigo and Zangetsu), but he also is obviously with Yoruichi (if you don't know who she is, you'll see) and the fact that he is over 100 years old is kind of cool. I just like his attitude and the way he fights, he's cool.

And to stay on topic...Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, etc, Riku.

ok, in your opinion, Ichigo vs Riku. Just curious, again.

Quoting jefferey shalome: ok, in your opinion, Ichigo vs Riku. Just curious, again.

Ichigo, without a doubt, Ichigo. First off, Riku may have some power and I'll give him that, but Ichigo is a Shinigami and has fought tougher enemies than Riku would ever even imagine (hell, he didn't even have to fight Sephiroth). Secondly, even if Riku gave into the darkness to try and even out the fight (becoming Ansem again), Ichigo could always just use his Bankai AND/or let out Hollow Ichigo who would completely obliterate anything left of Riku. Finally, the whole basis of this fight is a game character vs. an anime, and in reality, Riku may be cool and a good fighter, but he is nothing compared to a battle hardened Shinigami (Well, close enough to a Shinigami anyway).

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sean the Fascist: It's interesting, I can certainly say that, but I already figured out what happened. So, Roxas runs up the building and tosses Riku the Oblivion (the keyblade which represents him), but now Roxas is still holding the Oathkeeper and...wait...another keyblade? Well, there is one screenshot in slow motion of Roxas running past Riku. Now, the size is a lot smaller because it increases the quality a lot so you can see the keyblade's shapes. We all know what Oblivion looks like, partially rounded at the bottom with those jagged edges and the actual key part is all fancy and such.

However...if you look at Roxas' keyblade, not only is it not black like the Oblivion (it even reflects light which black can't do), but it was more of a pale yellow color. Also, the shape of the handle is different, to where the Oblivion is partially rounded and jagged, this keyblade is like a softly rounded hexagon.

Which in conclusion ladies and gentleman, tells me this keyblade is indeed, the one and the only: Kingdom Key.

*bows*

wow ur right...again!!! lol but arent u always :D

Quoting Sean the Fascist: Ichigo, without a doubt, Ichigo. First off, Riku may have some power and I'll give him that, but Ichigo is a Shinigami and has fought tougher enemies than Riku would ever even imagine (hell, he didn't even have to fight Sephiroth). Secondly, even if Riku gave into the darkness to try and even out the fight (becoming Ansem again), Ichigo could always just use his Bankai AND/or let out Hollow Ichigo who would completely obliterate anything left of Riku. Finally, the whole basis of this fight is a game character vs. an anime, and in reality, Riku may be cool and a good fighter, but he is nothing compared to a battle hardened Shinigami (Well, close enough to a Shinigami anyway).

i can 1 up that. Bleach was originally a manga. Kingdom hearts has a manga, making this a totally valid match.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting jefferey shalome: i can 1 up that. Bleach was originally a manga. Kingdom hearts has a manga, making this a totally valid match.

i agree with jeff its tru

Quoting jefferey shalome: i can 1 up that. Bleach was originally a manga. Kingdom hearts has a manga, making this a totally valid match.

No, actually it's not. You see nothing of Riku's powers in the manga, let alone anyone else really aside from Sora. The Kingdom Hearts manga is not really much other than an overview of the games with little tidbits of information and some things you don't see in the game included. Whereas Bleach, as both a manga and an anime, both include everything about their characters.

For the record, I've watched the (fansubbed) episodes of Bleach up to 83 and read every released (and fan translated) chapter of the manga.

Posted by NeXidala

how come sumtimes wen ppl comment it doesnt always give u rep for it??
--------
go sean!! :rainbow: :jump:

Quoting NeXidala: how come sumtimes wen ppl comment it doesnt always give u rep for it??
--------
go sean!! :rainbow: :jump:

Anyone who has negative rep will not be able to give positive or negative rep to another person. For example, mine is 0/-31 (0 power, -31 rep) and someone else may have 3/501 (3 power, 501 rep). This means that the person will be able to add 3 positive, or negative, reputation when they comment, but I (or anyone else with negative) will give neutral rep which doesn't add or take away.

Posted by NeXidala

thanx for that info sean!!!! :D :rainbow:

Posted by Roxas23857

That's Sean he's just cool like that. Even if he's rep is negative we all still love him...in a way that's not gay or anything.

Posted by NeXidala

ya hes cool wen i get a chance ill go give u more rep but u kno stay clear and try not to get MORE negative rep lol

Posted by Tysis

I haven't made any off-topic posts on this thread yet, so one can't hurt.

Is bleach in english? I know I've seen clips of episodes on youtube and sucjh, but it's always in Japanese. And in case any of you didn't know, bleach is coming to adult swim soon, so it will be in english if it isn't already. (the reason I bring this up is because Sean said something about fan-subbed, which I take it means there isn't a real english version to the show).

As far as Ichigo vs. Riku goes, it wouldn't really be a fair fight. It's hard to compare the two. Just like you can't compare DBZ to anything. They are men who blow up planets just by flicking colored balls at em. Of course it is anime, so you could compare it to other anime, but given their powers you really can't compare them to anything else... except maybe ***.

Posted by Xenos

Hey, can you guys get back on topic?

Quoting Tysis: I haven't made any off-topic posts on this thread yet, so one can't hurt.

Is bleach in english? I know I've seen clips of episodes on youtube and sucjh, but it's always in Japanese. And in case any of you didn't know, bleach is coming to adult swim soon, so it will be in english if it isn't already. (the reason I bring this up is because Sean said something about fan-subbed, which I take it means there isn't a real english version to the show).

As far as Ichigo vs. Riku goes, it wouldn't really be a fair fight. It's hard to compare the two. Just like you can't compare DBZ to anything. They are men who blow up planets just by flicking colored balls at em. Of course it is anime, so you could compare it to other anime, but given their powers you really can't compare them to anything else... except maybe ***.

No, none of Bleach except the manga is in english yet, and ******* them if Steven Jay Blum doesn't do Zangetsu's voice. I gurantee they'll screw it up just like Naruto.

In any case, like Xenos said, back on topic people...though this case has been pretty much solved anyway. In which case, good work everyone.

Posted by Wally The Weird

I would like to make two comments.
1. I think that Sean is right in that Roxas has 'fake' keyblades.This is because his powers are (In my opinion) not just that he has keyblades, but that he has ALL the keyblades, but lacking sufficient means to weild them all, he only uses two at a time (Oathkeeper and Oblivion for the various reasons listed before) When he lost one to Riku for a time, his powers automatically summoned a new one, and, as with all new slots for a keyblade, it is it's basic form.

2. I have found something FAR more interesteing then a simple glitch, oversight, or editing job. Go to 2 minutes and 8 seconds, and pause, and you will see a flash of Ansems secret report. I already posted my findings and corrisponding theory on the Theory page, I reccomend you check it out.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

I don't think that Roxas's blades are fake i think that they are real, just that when u are Roxas they are didgital because he is in the computer Twilight Town that Diz made,to hold him so that namina could start puting Soras memorise back togather. [IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Quoting Kingdomkeys: I don't think that Roxas's blades are fake i think that they are real, just that when u are Roxas they are didgital because he is in the computer Twilight Town that Diz made,to hold him so that namina could start puting Soras memorise back togather. [IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

If you noticed we aren't talking about the digital appearing one. And it helps if you give more reasoning than that too.

Posted by Tysis

Although Sean and Wally do make very valid points about the keyblades being fake, I am less sure. I would just rather see it in writing that they are fake; say like when Nomura says they are. Don't get me wrong, they do appear to be conjured like the rest of the Organization's weapons, but that doesn't necissarily mean they are "fake". I still hold on to the fact that Xemnas picked Roxas because he was a Keyblade wielder. I don't think he would have chosen him if they were "fake" keyblades. If anything though, I would like to stay neutral, and just wait for proof from either side.

Quoting Tysis: Although Sean and Wally do make very valid points about the keyblades being fake, I am less sure. I would just rather see it in writing that they are fake; say like when Nomura says they are. Don't get me wrong, they do appear to be conjured like the rest of the Organization's weapons, but that doesn't necissarily mean they are "fake". I still hold on to the fact that Xemnas picked Roxas because he was a Keyblade wielder. I don't think he would have chosen him if they were "fake" keyblades. If anything though, I would like to stay neutral, and just wait for proof from either side.

You say that like Xemnas is an intelligent person.

What intelligent person chooses a name that is an anagram of Man Sex?

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Sean the Wicked: You say that like Xemnas is an intelligent person.

What intelligent person chooses a name that is an anagram of Man Sex?

Lol