kyuss

Posted by Vg200x

Has anyone heard of this band?I went to there website but my computer kept freezing. I think there from the 60's or 70's from what the site said(before it froze),but I was looking for some new metal to listen to and on a site they said one of the genre was "stoner metal" well I'v never heard of this type of genre, I would think bongzilla or something like that would fall in here but they only gave 3 bands, kyuss (they spelt it kyruss) ,monster magnet and fu manchu. does anyone no any other bands that fall into 'stoner metal'

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Kyuss are the kings of stoner rock. That is all.

Posted by Vg200x

hahah everytime I try to look for new stoner music doom,gothic metal comes up, well kyuss is a good metal/rock band what ever you want to call them,, has anyone heard of monster magnet or sleep?

Posted by Richaod

I love the album Welcome To Sky Valley, it's so classic. I think they're, at least, better than QOTSA.

They're not a 70's band; they formed in the 90's, broke up about midway through and some of the members then formed Queens Of The Stone Age. If you want other stoner-metal type stuff, Monster Magnet is good. Bands like Sleep, Electric Wizard and Bongzilla are more sludgy, less melodic and slower, so you'd probably like them less than Kyuss.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vg200x: who hasn't heard of monster magnet or sleep?

There, FIX'D!

But yeah, both are quite decent groups.

Posted by Klarth

Monster Magnet are garbage, but Sleep's Dopesmoker is pretty ****ed classic.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Richaod: I love the album Welcome To Sky Valley, it's so classic. I think they're, at least, better than QOTSA.

They're not a 70's band; they formed in the 90's, broke up about midway through and some of the members then formed Queens Of The Stone Age. If you want other stoner-metal type stuff, Monster Magnet is good. Bands like Sleep, Electric Wizard and Bongzilla are more sludgy, less melodic and slower, so you'd probably like them less than Kyuss.

cool beans.. well the reason I like kyuss is because they got that rock-metal tone, I heard bongzilla and Im more of a lyrics person so I dont like the doom,death,black,goth garbage. and from listening to queens of the stone age on the radio I didn't think they were that stoner.is sleep doom/goth/black/death? lol all I wan't are bands that sound like kyuss where they dont have scream/yelling lyrics. but if they have to 80's or slayer/ thrash scream I will like them,

Posted by Xenos

Stoner Metal?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Stoner Metal?

It's basically exactly what you'd think. Slow, mellow, psychedelic, raw, and a distinct sort of vocal that's harsh or raspy.

Posted by Vg200x

xenos.. goto your local used music store and look up this band or sleep,monster magnet..can anyone tell me what type of style sleep is?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Stoner Doom.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vg200x: has anyone heard of monster magnet

LOOK TO YOUR ORB FOR THE WARNING

That's the one song I've heard and liked by them.

Posted by Vg200x

I just got .when the circ leaves town by kyuss and focking love it. and I got wreched by kyuss but I haven't opened it yet..and while I was at the store I looked for sleep on there computer thing and I saw on one of the albums,stillborn well I love zakk wydle and BLS ,does anyone no if these 2 songs are the same or diffrent? cause zakk wylde and ozzy did stillborn together and that's my favorite song in the world.. I listend to monster magnet and didn't really care for it.. it wasn't bad but I like kyuss better.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Raptor: LOOK TO YOUR ORB FOR THE WARNING

That's the one song I've heard and liked by them.

off The Matrix soundtrack, right?

Vg200x, are you asking if Sleep covered Ozzy? I doubt it.

Posted by Vg200x

I don't no if it was ozzy's or zakk wylde's song . but I just wanted to no if stillborn was the same as on sleep's album or diffrent from zakk/ozzy's song.. i guess you could say yes.