Could you pass the U.S. citizenship test?

Posted by Axis

Got this from another forum, and it was quite funny seeing how much people didn't know.

Here's the link: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13442226/

I got a 100% with ease, what did you score?

Posted by WackoHater2

I scored 65%. No surprise. I never pay attention in History class..

Posted by sabre

You answered 20% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country -- and that's where you should probably be.

Sounds good to me, UK is where it's at.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You answered 35% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

Luckily I'm all ready an American.

Posted by Last Fog

55%

Pretty bad.

Posted by Sable Wind

I got two wrong--each of them I second-guessed myself. My first answers ended up being correct. ^^;

Posted by Ant

took this awhile back. only got one wrong. GO EMERICA

Posted by Lord of Spam

got 100. little bit surpised; i figured i would miss at least one.

Posted by nich

You answered 40% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:
25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

wow... I'm honestly impressed with myself.

Posted by Crazy K

You answered 40% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

I'm not a fan of History class, and I guessed most of the answers.

Posted by Philsdad

Yay, got 100% as well. Had to guess on the INS one, but luckily got it right.

Posted by Corrupt

"You answered 60% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score."

Yeah, not half bad. I had to guess a few of them, and some of them I know I should've gotten, but didn't.

Posted by Zeta

90%, suprisingly.

Posted by Dog

50%. pretty bad.

:canada:

Posted by Vg200x

19% I guess im a commy. lol

Posted by mis0

90% (shame shame!)

Screw the INS forms, and screw Patrick Henry. :)

Posted by Kodachi

95%
Wrong on the original states one.

Posted by Linko_16

75%... I expected better, but I'm fine with this score.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The only questions that should have thrown anyone were the ins forms. Other than that, its all pretty basic stuff.:/

durty forrunners get an excuse, but otherwise... :/

Posted by Draxamus

Yeah, my high school gov teacher made us take this the first week of senior year and again toward the end. I passed both times. Most of the class failed the first time! We had to take the full test though, which is 100 questions I think!

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Vampiro: You answered 35% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

Same score here. I'm surprised I got 35%. Canada is the biznack.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I had a teacher give us the LSAT once.

I've never felt more retarded in my entire life.

Posted by cas

I got 60% because I am a good guesser. Could have gotten more, but i thought happiness was a right. It isnt.

Quoted post: Wrong on the original states one.

Even I knew that one :cookie:

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting cas: I got 60% because I am a good guesser. Could have gotten more, but i thought happiness was a right. It isnt.

Yep, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" is from the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution..an easy one to mix up though.

Posted by Klarth

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

I got 55%. **** you, America.

Posted by Dog

Did you know that Canadians know more about U.S history then U.S knowing more about Canadians history?

It's a fact.

Posted by higbvuyb

45%. I don't live in the US anyway, nor do I know much US history.

Quoted post: . What are the 13 original states?
Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, New Zealand, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Rhode Island, Maryland

New Zealand? I lol'd.

Posted by poisonblood

55%
Good thing I am already a citizen.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You should have to pass the actual test to be allowed to vote.:(

Posted by Kit

Quoting Vg200x: 19% I guess im a commy. lol

How do you get 19% on a quiz out of 20? The percentages go up in fives. =o

You answered 30% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

I aint American anyway, so I don't care.

Posted by Stalolin

90%.

what is ins form lol

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Shdig: Did you know that Canadians know more about U.S history then U.S knowing more about Canadians history?

It's a fact.

Duh. I knew that. Since I'm canadian. I went to Disneyland in LA once. And I started to talk to a guy who was a law teacher. I asked him where he taught and he said "Boston, do you know where that is?" I said yes. He then asked me where I lived, I told him I was from Edmonton. He replied to me saying "O you came way over from England then!" A teacher, in high school, doesn't know where Edmonton is. I mean come on! Think of the Oilers! Think of Wayne! Atleast guess Canada!

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: Even I knew that one :cookie:

I picked the one with Kentucky :(

I picked at random and managed to get it right :( Which is close enough to knowing, amirite?

Quoted post: Did you know that Canadians know more about U.S history then U.S knowing more about Canadians history?

Yeah, there's a reason for that. Being so close to the US, we're bound to hear just about every piece of news that comes out of it. Why? Because their political problems are interesting and make for good news. With Canada though, nothing is really news-worthy; our politics don't even interest Canadians. Over half don't even know who our PM is. So if we don't know, why should the US, right?

Posted by s0ul

Eh, 90%. One of these days... :(

Posted by Moogs

85%, not bad.

Posted by junior senior

You answered 60% of questions correctly.

:(

Posted by s0ul

Yep, that would've been a good time to lie. YOU LIVE IN AMERICA!

Posted by Trigger

I got 50% correct.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

Posted by Ch

You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

I had to sit through a whole year of U.S History :(

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Killer Jordo: Think of the Oilers! Think of Wayne! Atleast guess Canada!

The ONLY reason I know where it is.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting cas: Could have gotten more, but i thought happiness was a right. It isnt.

Dilbert was once abducted by the FBI for developing a serum or whatever that controls the hormones/part of your brain/whatver they said that makes you happy. Their excuse was that you have the right to pursue happiness, but not to actually achieve it.

Posted by Delilah

I got 100%

Posted by Arwon

95%

Booyah.

I missed the supreme court justice selection one, which is a retarded question anyway because the senate has to approve yatta yatta yatta.

Got the one about the number of justices based on remembering a Futurama episode, and the naturalisation form was blind guesswork.

Anyways: Citizenship tests are stupid and should be scrapped.

Posted by Lord of Spam

On the contrary. I think that they should remain, however bcome ENTIERLY based on Futurama.

Posted by Linko_16

Second.

Posted by Red

well I sure hope I can't pass it, I'm Canadian.

Posted by Lord of Spam

YEAH MAN IT WOULD LIKE TOTALLY SUCK TO KNOW STUFF LOL

Posted by Linko_16

[quote]s0ul agrees: Merely agreeing or obscure Scruffy reference?

He will die the way he lived.

Quoted post: YEAH MAN IT WOULD LIKE TOTALLY SUCK TO KNOW STUFF LOL

You know nothing about my Canadian brethren.

Er, wait. He's just an idiot. nvm

Posted by Bebop

45%

Get in

Posted by bigmonkey930

45% .....even when its summer i cant escape my horrible test scores...