A very weird thing to do ! <><><><><><>

Posted by ARC

I always love to play video games, but not 24 hours a day!
some people will enter a video game contest if they love games so much.
It can be local, nation wide, or world wide. one time i went to a video game arcade and saw a contest that went on for 5 days, ( thats pretty weird).
i could never play games that long!!!

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]You mean non-stop? I heard once that a man in Japan or China played a game so long he dies frothing at the mouth and stuff. He apparantly died of mental exhaustion.

Why is this in the Playstation forum?[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

What a crappy thread. BUT, recently a teen died of a blood clot the travelled from his leg up to his brain. Turns out he sat cross-legged for ten hours straight which caused the clot to develope.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting neonmole: [COLOR=Yellow]You mean non-stop? I heard once that a man in Japan or China played a game so long he dies frothing at the mouth and stuff. He apparantly died of mental exhaustion.

Why is this in the Playstation forum?[/COLOR]

Wow. That's addiction right there. I once did a 16 hour gaming session. By the end, I was REALLY tired. I learned one thing that day: don't play games too much.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I remember when my friend let me borrow his PS2 and a copy of Final Fantasy X. I played it for 31 hours within three days. That's the longest I've played over a short period of time.

Posted by Jean

Its very easy to play non-stop, mi maximum was when i played Final Fantasy 7 i played the game for 25 hours.It was very fun.

Quoting Angelwing: I remember when my friend let me borrow his PS2 and a copy of Final Fantasy X. I played it for 31 hours within three days. That's the longest I've played over a short period of time.

I gave up on that game for a while when I got to Operation Mi'hen, or however you spell that. But still. 31 hours. I tip my hat to you.

Posted by Scorpion

I could never play that long, I get headaches if I look at a game for too long. Also wouldn't that hurt your eyes terribly.

Heh, yeah, I'm fairly blind right now. Well, my eyesight definitely isn't what it used to be.

But you should finish the rest of FFX. It's a great game, IMO.

Quoting Angelwing: But you should finish the rest of FFX. It's a great game, IMO.

Are you talking to me on that? If you are, I HAVE finished FFX... twice. The final boss is HARD.

Ah, I thought that you were implying that you stopped after Operation Mi'hen.

And yeah, auto-revive was so creative of Squaresoft.

Quoted post: Also wouldn't that hurt your eyes terribly.

Nope. I've played multiple game seesions for longer than eight hours and my eyesight is still perfect. (Though what would you expect besides perfection?)

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Quoting Scorpion: Also wouldn't that hurt your eyes terribly.

I used to play a ton of games, and today my eyesight is 20/10, which is actually better than it was when I was a kid, so I doubt it.

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: I used to play a ton of games, and today my eyesight is 20/10, which is actually better than it was when I was a kid, so I doubt it.

Lucky. I have to wear glasses, so my eyesight is horrible.

Posted by bazariah

i once played FFVII for 52 hours straight, only because i had no memory card and i wanted to see the ending

Posted by Dreadnought

Quoting bazariah: i once played FFVII for 52 hours straight, only because i had no memory card and i wanted to see the ending

Peh..What? Slee..eat...****..bea..didn't you...How?

Longest I've gone is six hours on Q3 when I was twelve. You deseve a medal, or at least monetary compensation for all the time you wasted in front of the tv that week.
I salute you!

Quoting bazariah: i once played FFVII for 52 hours straight, only because i had no memory card and i wanted to see the ending

Didn't you have work or school or something? Also, did you learn to ALWAYS buy a memory card? Lastly, that HAS to be a world record. If it's not, that's insane. I owe you a million dollars for accomplishing this feat. Don't expect it in this lifetime, but remember that I owe you a million dollars.

Posted by bazariah

it was when i was ill during the end of 1997, my memory cards had been stolen and i couldnt be bothered to go and buy a new one....

as it goes for food and drink i had plenty in my room to sustain me

as it goes for the leavings *ahem* well lets not talk about that, allthough my mother was disturbed by the state of my clothing

Quoting bazariah: it was when i was ill during the end of 1997, my memory cards had been stolen and i couldnt be bothered to go and buy a new one....

as it goes for food and drink i had plenty in my room to sustain me

as it goes for the leavings *ahem* well lets not talk about that, allthough my mother was disturbed by the state of my clothing

Ohhh... Okay. That makes sense. How'd you get sleep, if any at all? I bet you were VEEEERRRY tired after it was all over.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: Ohhh... Okay. That makes sense. How'd you get sleep, if any at all? I bet you were VEEEERRRY tired after it was all over.

i didnt sleep once during that time, i quite often go through periods of not sleeping anyways

which is gonna be good for my world record attempt, which will be discussed on other boards at the relevent time

Quoting bazariah: i didnt sleep once during that time, i quite often go through periods of not sleeping anyways

which is gonna be good for my world record attempt, which will be discussed on other boards at the relevent time

Your gonna go for a world record? Good luck. I remember reading about some guy who attempted to break the world record for the most points on a Asteroids game. The machine broke down on him. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Posted by bazariah

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: Your gonna go for a world record? Good luck. I remember reading about some guy who attempted to break the world record for the most points on a Asteroids game. The machine broke down on him. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

thats not funny...... it's hillarious :D

i'll elaborate on my task in the future

Posted by Crazy K

I could go on for hours, but I highly doubt I could go on for 52 hrs. I give you props on that Bazariah.

Anyways, I could go out for a tournament. I could dominate anyone at ESPN NFL 2K5, I play it so **** much.

I forgot to mention this. Since bazariah did 52 hours, I'm going to try and beat it. I'm going to go for at least 62-72 hours. Wish me luck. It's gonna take ALL I can muster to complete it. I'm going to tape it so I can PROVE I did it. I'm not gonna tape the WHOLE thing. No, I'm just gonna show my progress every hour or so. I'm planning on doing this sometime during spring break. The game... well... I haven't picked quite yet. I'm probably going to go with FF7 or FF10. This will be the HARDEST thing I've ever done.

Posted by a person with nothing

Don't you people have a life? 52hrs!!!!!!! Don't have anything better to do?
The max i did was 7hrs. 3pm to 10pm after school on a Friday. My eyes hurt like hell and a got a headache. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Posted by Crazy K

Usually I dont play like I used to. I used to be on my system for like hours, now I barely play my video games.

Posted by dante_M.K.5

i heard 3 ppl playing counter strike 4 three days without food n drink. 2 died n one went eating 4 abt 5 hours. im noy that sure though i jst heard it from someone.
anyway when devil may2 was jst out, i bought it n played it 4 the whole night. i neva slept that night!

Posted by Tolanya

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: I forgot to mention this. Since bazariah did 52 hours, I'm going to try and beat it. I'm going to go for at least 62-72 hours. Wish me luck. It's gonna take ALL I can muster to complete it. I'm going to tape it so I can PROVE I did it. I'm not gonna tape the WHOLE thing. No, I'm just gonna show my progress every hour or so. I'm planning on doing this sometime during spring break. The game... well... I haven't picked quite yet. I'm probably going to go with FF7 or FF10. This will be the HARDEST thing I've ever done.

If you haven't already tried that, do it with Final Fantasy X. Me and my sister almost have 300 hours on our file for that game...we're insanely obbsessed.

Posted by Stranger

The longest iv played a game is 30 hours i got World of Warcraft and couldn't stop playing...when i got up from my desk my legs hurt so much from being in the same spot for so long.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Tolanya: If you haven't already tried that, do it with Final Fantasy X. Me and my sister almost have 300 hours on our file for that game...we're insanely obbsessed.

thats nothing you know, as you have it on a save file you've taken regular breaks, plus your sister is playing it also thus 150 hours each seems even more less impressive

Quoted post: plus your sister is playing it also thus 150 hours each seems even more less impressive

Assuming they played an equal amount of time, which is a pretty big assumption to make.

Posted by Crazy K

One of My friends went 7 days wile playing a Final Fantasy game. Did not sleep once.

Posted by Tolanya

Quoting bazariah: thats nothing you know, as you have it on a save file you've taken regular breaks, plus your sister is playing it also thus 150 hours each seems even more less impressive

My point was more along the lines of how he would have plenty to do.