VB HELP NEWWBE

Posted by THovlax13

ok i bought a virtual boy off ebay and i just got the system the controller and mario tennis two questions

1. How do you turn it on iknow theres a button on the controller that says on but when i turn it to on it doesnt work

2. Theres a part on the back of the controller that looks like something can go in there is that where like a battery goes

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Okay...I can hardly understand what you just posted but...assuming I do, you need to put batteries in the back of the controller.

There should be a little black box that slides on a track on the back of the controller. Fill that up with 6 AA batteries (in the directions labeled on the box).

That should solve your problem.

If you don't have the battery box...you're screwed, and the person that you bought that off of just screwed you over.

Good day :cookie:

Posted by lameboyadvance

I can understand not knowing about the battery pack/AC tap if it didn't come with one, but how could you miss the power switch on the front of the controller? :rolleyes:

If your controller didn't come with a power supply, you can simply hook up your own.

In the top left of this image you can see a diagram of the VB battery pack. This is what normally fits on to the back of the controller.
Obviously to connect something to the back of the controller you reverse it so that looking at the back of the controller the + is on your right and the - on your left.
As VRZ said the batteries are normally 6 x AA, so you can connect either some batteries, or get a hold of an ols (USA/JPN) SNES AC adapter and use that, as that is the power supply the AC tap normally uses anyway.

Hope that helps.

(P.S. Sweet avatar VirtualRealityZone! ;))

Posted by THovlax13

well i knew about the on/off switch but all i need is a SNES AC adapter right?

i got screwed it didnt come with the box or the battery pack

Posted by lameboyadvance

Without a Battery Pak or AC Adapter Tap you will need to make your own powering method. The AC adapter that the Tap uses is identical to the USA SNES one, but you only need to use that because of its extra large console plug.

If you want to use AC any adapter that outputs 9-10V 500-950mA should be fine.

Without a Tap you'll need to make some other connection to the VB controller. This usually involves soldering the wires to it in some way, but you may be able to just wrap them around the controller connectors.

Just find an old adapter you don't mind chopping the plug off so you can connect the wires.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

If you don't want to make one you can always get one off of eBay :cookie:

Ac Adapter and controller connector piece.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAPTER-VIRTUAL-BOY-Game-NINTENDO-US-version_W0QQitemZ230001761343QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Controller and battery pack (I would get this)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Factory-Controller-Battery-Pack-Nintendo-Virtual-Boy_W0QQitemZ180002045508QQihZ008QQcategoryZ49230QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted by akumie

The battery pack is better to get because then you can play anywhere in the house, even outside
Then just do like me, I have battery recharcher so I don`t have to care that the VB uses 6 batteries