Excessive threads, The hate for Halo, or Xbox itself?

Posted by Malevolence

Why is Halo so hated? I can agree with many people that it is heavily overated, but still, how come people hate this game so dearly? I've played it on Xbox live, and I can honestly say it's quite alot of fun for anyone who enjoys console FPS. Not only that, but it brought about one of the funniest gaming moments ever, when a person who got pissed at another guy lashed out calling him a "Redneck nigger". I also know that quite a few people hated the XBox, and there really was no reason to. Do people hate this game because it is what made XBox very popular (Not even Halo alone), or just because they are fanboys for Sony and Nintendo? What are your thoughts on this paticular hate, and if you hate halo yourself, explain why. Don't strut around saying things like "BILL GATEZ SUX BCUZ SONY RULZ" or "MS SUX BCUZ NINTENDO IZ WYA BTTR 'N STUFF!". Be reasonable aswell, there is no reason for you to make a seperate thread on how much you hate it. I'm pretty sure hate threads go against the rules, so post your opinion on Halo, Or XBox itself here.

Posted by Big Boss

There isn't a deep answer to that question. Anything that is too popular will have its substantial number of haters. I don't think I'd be repeating myself, as much as I have in the past, about how the first Halo was a boring game if it weren't for the fact that so many people praised it. Since I encountered many people who said Halo was one of the best games ever, it gave me plenty of opportunities to share my opposing opinion on the subject. Those who hate it use these opportunities to outright bash the game subsequently riling up hardcore fans of it.

Posted by Random

Yeah its basically a matter of opinion. I liked Halo 1 far more than Halo 2. And I know people who say Halo sucks. To me it was a great multiplayer game that we used to host LAN Parties every other day for. It was an addicting game. Now I look back and try to play and i'm not anywhere near excited as I used to be. But there used to be something there that told me it was one of the best games ever. Definately the best shooter i've ever played and still to this day is.

There are many haters. I know people who have never played it who say it sucks horribly, and I know those who got easily confused by it and didn't like it. Then theres your people who enjoy other FPS's, or don't even like FPS's to begin with. Theres multiple variations on how one could hate Halo.

But there were a huge number of fans that enjoy Halo and still do. There still are numerous Halo 1 and Halo 2 Lan Parties not to mention a huge amount that still play Halo 2 via XBox Live.

For every game ever made, there will be haters. No matter what size, there will be haters..

Posted by Klarth

I don't really think there's widespread hatred for Halo - Rather that the love for it far outweighs the dislike. I don't really have a preference for either Halo game seeing as I play them both in very different environments; I've only ever owned the PC version of Halo CE, and I've never played Halo 2 on Live. I the people who relentlessly say they "hate" Halo are simply people who are unwilling to give it a chance for what it is - A simple, fun, light-hearted FPS.

[quote=SomebodyRandom]No matter what size, there will be haters..
This is a particularly apt statement as far as the Xbox is concerned :)

Posted by Axis

And soon to be PS3. :cookie: