Compatible motherboard?

Posted by Alastor

A friend of mine is offering me his old graphics card, a PCI Express Radeon X600, for $70 or so. I'm stuck with a crappy standard Intel graphics card right now, and I need to make sure my motherboard is compatible with his card before I buy it from him. How might I go about doing this short of getting it from him and trying to plug it in?

Edit: Here are my horrible PC specs, for reference.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07367

Posted by Philsdad

Nope, your motherboard doesn't have PCI Express slots, so that card won't work on your PC at all. I'd just wait until you get your new system (you had mentioned you wanted to get one, right?) to get a new video card. Your current motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot either, so there's not many commercial video cards that you could upgrade to at this point.

Posted by Alastor

I guess that's what I'll have to do. I have mentioned wanting one for the longest time, but affording one's kind of hard when I have no income whatsoever.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Posted by Apathetic

**** it I wanted to help :(. Well do you want a new card? I could look some up for you lol.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Apathetic: **** it I wanted to help :(. Well do you want a new card? I could look some up for you lol.

Eh... this case is kinda closed it seems.

Quoting Philsdad: there's not many commercial video cards that you could upgrade to at this point.