Chapter 26

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

Hey guys this is just the first part of the story i have a whole lot more to go but for Wally and everyone elses sake heres a bit of what i am writing again im not finished so please dont comment on this page just comment about it on Kairi's story page ok? thanks

Chapter 26
A Tournament for the Ages
by Riku Dark Badass

-------The Gummi Ship-------
“Hey wake up” Eiyuu said trying to wake up Renai. Renai slowly opened her eyes “Wh...What is it?” “We would like to leave now” Eiyuu said. Renai woke up and found she was sleeping on floor from the previous night and then she noticed everyone staring at her impatiently “Ah” Renai jumped up quickly and ran over to the cockpit not really noticing she was still in her pajamas. Kayne just laughed “Nice pajamas, Keyblader’s Mistress” “Hey! My name is Renai and...oh yea” Renai said now noticing and instead ran into her room and quickly got dressed. Aurie and Mateo were the only two not paying attention as Mateo was trying to get even with Aurie for taking away his high score and was doing a poor job of it. “Ah! You Suck!” Mateo yelled at Aurie “Ha ha! Youre the one that sucks” Aurie responded while doing her victory dance. Mateo just threw the controller down and Aurie called “Next” and Eiyuu jumped at the chance to try and beat Aurie but as Aurie was about to lay the final attack on Eiyuu’s last guy the tv turned off. Eiyuu looked at Aurie with a smirk “Well it looks like we will never see who won that battle” “Shut up! Hey what gives?” Aurie said annoyed. Renai started pushing buttons like a mad man “Were getting a transmission im trying to make the picture good, alright here it is”. Suddenly a projection came on of a huge stadium in slight ruins but people were all gathering there for some reason. “You have all personally been invited to partake in the most brutal, most intense, most spectacular tournament of all Kanshaku! This tournament brings 16 people from all over the universe to battle for the most ultimate prize: the title of Ultimate Warrior and the Ancient Bracelet of Shadows which is said to amplify a persons powers by 99%!” said the weird announcer guy. “Whoa!” Mateo and Septero said at the same time. “Yes that’s right so will all of you be interested?” asked the announcer guy. Everyone looked at each other and all knew what each other was thinking and all said at once “YES!” “Excellent you must all register at the planet of Kanshaku and then let the fights begin!” said the announcer guy as the transmission was then terminated. “Right, Kanshaku that prize is ours” Septero said. Anara smiled “Alright everyone knows im going to be the winner” “Psht, right as if you wont last a minute with me” Keira said as she walked right passed Anara. Eiyuu saw this and raised his voice and stood on the couch “Everyone knows i will win!” “Pretty confident arent you keyblader you better watch your back” Kayne said and then grabbed Eiyuu’s newly healed arm with a tight grip and Eiyuu gritted his teeth with the pain. Kayne then walked off to his room to get ready. “Alright guys were here” Renai informed everyone as they landed on a very sandy planet right next to the ancient stadium.

-------Kanshaku-------
Everyone walked out to notice a band was ready right at the door to play music for them when they exited. “Sweet our own entrance music!” Mateo said excitedly. Keira started getting suspicious “Hmm.. this seems a bit strange to me” “Nah its probably just your nerves” Anara said as she patted Keira on the back with a smirk on her face. Once everyone walked out of the Gummi Ship the band started to play and they heard a familiar voice booming overhead “Now entering are some of the most powerful warriors in the universe and theyre hungry for a challenge” “Oh g0d this announcer guy is going to bring us some unwanted trouble” said Renai looking discouraged. Mateo on the other hand looked incredibly excited. “Let them come, i want the challenge” “Well if its a challenge i cant wait until we fight” said Eiyuu with a smile. Mateo smirked “Ha yea it should be good a fight I cant wait.”

-------Near the entrance to the stadium-------
They all walked over to a desk with a plump woman with golden hair behind it. “Are you all here for the tournament?” asked the woman. Aurie stepped forward answered for everyone “Yes we are. Where do we apply?” “Right here what are your names?” asked the woman with a sense of joy on her face. Aurie applied first followed by Renai and then Anara and Keira then signed up. Kayne started first for the men followed by Eiyuu and once Eiyuu was done Mateo walked up and started signing his name. “Um…..Im gonna need another registration form” Mateo said. The plump woman looked concerned “Did you mess up, dear” “Actually no I need one for him Septero Switch!” Mateo said as the Guardian appeared and he gently grabbed the woman’s hand and looked into her eyes “It is very nice to meet you, m’lady”. Mateo shook his head “Oh my g0d” “Oh….my…well here please sign i…I will rooting for you good luck, sir!” the woman said with her face showing a slight color of red as everyone walked off into the locker room. Before they entered the hallway Septero quickly turned back into Mateo and then headed towards the locker room with the rest. The party barely got into the locker room hallway when suddenly an announcement was made “Attention all participants please enter the fighting arena it is time for the Opening Ceremony” “Awesome an Opening Ceremony” Eiyuu said with a really excited look on his face. They came to an opening where they could hear the sounds of cheering fans and they all looked at each other and they couldn’t help but smile. “Well I thought you might be here” said a man with black hair coming down to his eyes. Mateo instantly knew who it was “Snake, well since youre here this tournament seems that much more exciting” “Yea, just like old times and just like old times im going to win this tournament” Snake said with confidence. Mateo just smiled “Yea we’ll see what happens” “We will now be calling the participants individually so when your name is called run to the center of the arena.” said an official. Everyone nodded and then the announcer man came on the speaker “Ladies and Gentlemen here are your 16 participants starting with Entry #1 Aurie!” the crowd cheered as Aurie ran into the center of stadium “Entry #2 Renai!” the crowd did the same for Renai and then Anara and then Keira. “Entry #5 Kayne!” Kayne flew right in as his name was called and while gliding pulled off some tricks for the fans and they all cheered his name. “Entry #6 Eiyuu!” the crowd cheered for Eiyuu as he came out “Entry #7 Mateo!” Mateo ran out of the dark hallway into a very bright stadium with every single seat in the stadium having a person in it and Mateo ran straight to where he saw everyone else on a huge square like tile floor. “Entry #8 Septero!” “Septero Switch” Mateo muttered and suddenly the entire stadium went dark and then Septero appeared out of the shadows as all of the fans roared with excitement and in seeing Septero all the girls screamed his name. “Entry #9 Snake!” a lightning storm hit as soon as his name was called and in a flash he stood there and all the girls that had cheered for Septero were now cheering Snake. “Entry # 10 and last years champion Lulu!” rain poured down and everyone roared with cheers as the woman came slowly out of the clouds and landed with the upmost grace she had long blue hair and a sparkling blue dress on and when she opened her eyes they were spectacularly blue. “Entry # 11 Luc” the rain pouring down suddenly faded away as the fire that lit the stadium suddenly burned extremely bright and suddenly the ground erupted and magma rose out of the ground and standing on top of the magma was a man with a black cloak on and no one could make out his face as the crowd roared with appreciation of the entrance. “Entry #12 Markus” a huge man with armor covering his face slowly walked out and Kayne suddenly felt some sort of kinship to him “Ugh! what is wrong with me I must focus on the keyblader” Kayne said staring down Eiyuu. “Entry #13 Striker” a Ner-Yah came running out and suddenly several lightning fast bullets, and a man shot him down. He had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth with sunglasses on and a long black trench coat with thick Kevlar under armor underneath it and his hair was black and slicked back and he carried several guns with him (at least the ones visible). The crowd erupted with cheers when this man came out and some even had posters of him up. “Entry #14 Organa!” a huge beautiful spiny rose came out of the ground and in it walked out a woman with a dress made out of leaves and had long red hair and all the men in the crowd were hypnotized by her immense beauty as she blew a kiss to everyone. “Entry #15 Kanzen!” Eiyuu’s stomach suddenly dropped in disbelief and a man with long brown hair spiked down came out he was wearing all black and walked straight to the middle without addressing the crowd at all. “Finally Entry #16 Bitro!” a very tall buff man walked out of the locker room he had long black hair and when he spoke no one could understand what he was saying. “That’s it folks your 16 participants let the tournament begin!” said the announcer and suddenly the place erupted with fireworks and all the participants ran into the locker room. As the participants were heading near their separate lockers Eiyuu went towards his locker room in the shadows of the corridor an arm grabbed Eiyuu’s newly healed arm tightly “Looks like I didn’t injure it enough the last time we met, but I’ll just be sure to make it permanent next time.” said Kanzen sharply. Eiyuu then quickly and decisively ripped his arm from the clutches of Kanzen. ”Bastard!” Kanzen then laughed while exiting the locker area.

-------- 5 minutes later --------
Eiyuu, Mateo, Aurie, Anara, Keira, Renai, Kayne, and Snake all slowly walked to the main arena. Upon entering the participants were asked to go to the center of the arena. The announcer’s voice then boomed throughout the arena “ Now, we will now randomly select the first round match ups.” The crowd’s loud noise had completely stopped when the announcer revealed the randomizations. “If you would all direct your attention to the score board. First, we will have the one winged doro/dragoon Kayne vs. The dreaded dark knight Markus.” As the announcer spoke of the two participants and their pictures and stats appeared on the big screened score board. The crowd’s intensity rose to extreme amounts in hearing this. “Will all other participants please exit the fighting area.” said the announcer. All the other participants went to the back except for Kayne and Markus.

-------Kayne vs. Markus-------
"Come on! You can’t really expect me to fight this armored Twinkie! I mean, he probably won't even keep me mildly amused! Let alone pose an actual threat!" Kayne remarked, as he stood there staring at his opponent. His opponent, Markus, was heavily armored, and had a visor across his head, shielding his face. On his back was a long, giant, two-handed blade. He made no comment as he stared at his opponent.
"Fighters!" The announcer proclaimed in a loud booming voice. "On my mark! Three-" Kayne drew his lance, and readied himself. "-Two!", Markus continued to do nothing, Kayne met his eyes. "One!" Kayne crouched down low, and spread his lonely wing. Markus continued to do nothing. "FIGHT!" The announcer yelled.
In a split second, Markus had made his way down the area, and slashed his mighty blade at Kayne, which would have resulted in instant decapitation. Kayne however had jumped high into the sky, and was no longer visible.
"Lets see if he falls for it." Kayne said to himself in mid-air, falling so slowly, you might have mistaken him as standing on the clouds. "Aeroga!" Placing his lance onto his back, and clapping his palms together, the dragoon summoned a ball of wind in the space between his palms, which was growing. Soon, he had a ball of wind, enclosed in a magical sphere, roughly the size of a basketball. "Now, Wind Lance!" Positioning his body parallel to the ground, he fired the ball of wind with another spell. The magical spear shot for the armored knight.
Slashing his blade again, Markus deflected the magical volley, but was forced a distance away to the edge of the arena, and was stunned for a moment.
"Dragons Breath!" Conjuring fire into his body, Kayne at that same moment, closed his mouth, applied pressure, and then swung his lance. His initial attack had distracted Markus while he landed and struck Markus's blade, shattering it into tiny pieces. As Kayne swung at the now defenseless armored knight, he slashes his mid-section, penetrating the armor, while pushing him further back. Opening his mouth at the last moment, instead of releasing a wave of flames, he instead shot out a high velocity projectile of pure fire that was condensed enough to have been deflected by a weapon. The shot hit Markus dead on, causing an eruption of fire and an explosion that sent him flying into the far wall.
"Game. Set. Match." Kayne said as he bowed low for his public. The crowd cheered with amazement as they wondered at how such a small person could have toppled such a menacing and imposing figure as Markus.

-------At the same moment in time-------
"Interesting." A man in a black robe and a concealed face remarked. "His heart, is powerful, yes...But it is dormant?" He questioned to himself, unseen by anyone, despite being in the center of the crowd. "Perhaps I can use him for my little project?" He questioned. "Not now though, he needs to be pushed even further. Well, may as well give the crowd what it wants.” Snapping his fingers a sudden rush of energy passed by. Quickly, he took his seat back in the stands.

-------Back at the fight-------
"Shockwave" A dry, melancholy voice called out. A faint clap was heard, followed by a rush of energy that coursed through the earth. It shot for Kayne with tremendous speed, far quicker then he could have noticed. The ground split and Kayne only noticed at the last second before it was too late. The energy was released, and Kayne was sent into the air about ten feet, and then landed hard on the ground, hurting his entire body.
"Well, I guess you're tougher than I thought! How about you try my Wind Lance!" Raising his hand and conjuring a force of wind, Kayne fired a magical lance of pure wind energy at Markus. Markus rose from the ground, and swung his fist at the volley, deflecting it entirely. "Hmm, you seem a bit different. I guess that blow to the head finally made you realize brain dead isn't a fighting style." Charging at Markus, Kayne slammed his lance into the ground in front of Markus as Markus drew a second blade from his side, and slashed. Kayne jumped over Markus, landed on Markus with his hands, and forced his feet into Markus's back, knocking him back while Kayne launched himself off of Markus, landed on the ground, rolled, and then jumped again, grabbing his lance from the ground and speeding off towards Markus.
"You talk to much." Markus said in an almost dead tone, he grabbed Kayne's lance, and then spun it and him around in a wide circle, and then let go. Kayne instead, using his magically based wing, spun around in a tight circle and rose into the air as high as the remaining force would take him, and then shot for Markus as fast as he could.
"Cyclone!" As soon as he was in reach, Kayne swerved away from Markus' reach, and conjured a whirlwind under them, sending them high into the air. "Eat this you armored @sshole!" Fluxuating the air pressure inside the cyclone, Kayne sped back and forth, and revolved around Markus, striking him again and again. As the combo was finished, Kayne again fluxuated the air pressure, and jumped off of Markus. Markus crashed into the ground at incredible speed as Kayne shot high into the air. Again, using his wing, Kayne, upon reaching the climax of his jump, flipped, and shot at Markus. In almost no time at all, he had reached and forced his lance onto Markus' chest, and released an abundance of energy.
"Let's see you get up from that one, freak."

-------As Kayne flew high into the sky-------
"Perfect, the time is now." The shadowy figure remarked again. Rising from his seat, he concentrated. Small bits of black energy could (If he was visible) be seen. They vanished, and reappeared on Markus. They crawled over him like snakes, and eventually reached his heart. As Kayne drove his lance onto Markus, the blinding light resulted. Not only from him, but from Markus.
"Now, your heart, a small part of it is free, Markus. Draw your weapon, and rise up! Strike down your opponent! Dance puppet, I command you!" He proclaimed. This was a man who had a liking for the melodramatic. Again, he sat down, and began to laugh.
"Lets see how things play out now."

-------Back at the fight-------
"Fine." Markus spoke. This time, his voice was no longer impartial and meek. It was now strong, powerful, and bore the malice of a thousand dying worlds. Grabbing Kayne's Lance, he forced it out of his body. For a moment, blood spurt, but then it stopped. Before Kayne had time to react, Markus prodded Kayne with the tip of his lance, and spoke a single word. "Bomb." The blunt tip erupted, and then Kayne, along with his lance, were sent flying away. Markus rose from the ground, his armor, and even his body glowed darkly as he bled off a menacing aura.
"That’s it!" Kayne said as he rose from the ground, bruised but mostly uninjured from the blast attack. Crouching down, he launched himself high into the air, spun, and then shot back down to Earth. "DIE YOU BASTARD!" Drawing his lance for one final attack, Kayne thrust it at the armored opponent, aimed right for his heart as he landed back on the ground. A sudden clanging sound was heard.
"Nice try. Whelp." Markus spoke. Kayne’s lance was being held at bay. Markus had changed. His armor was no longer silver and big. Now it was black, shapely, and fit perfectly on his body. A single circlet protected his head across his brow, and his hair and face showed. In his hands, which were outstretched, was a weapon that had not been in existence before that very moment.
"Keyblade." Kayne spoke. His voice, though low, bore anger unrivaled. He stared at his opponent with anger and, in truth awe. He realized then and there, that he knew his opponent form before. "You killed my world!" Kayne shouted at him, still unmoving.
"I kill lots of world. Now I'll kill you." Finally applying force to his weapon, Markus forced Kayne away. His aura was dark and menacing. His keyblade was a deep dark blue, nearly black. The blade was very long and large, perfectly straight, except for the end. At the end of the blade, it turned into a definite black, and curved backwards. Markus was wielding this two handed blade with only one hand.
"Aeroga!" Kayne responded. Conjuring another ball of wind between his palms, he launched it at Markus. The volley sped towards Markus, who remained stagnant and unmoving. The volley hit him, and erupted in a massive, yet small and localize, wind storm of super condensed wind. It was essentially like being in a twister of razor blades. However, at that same moment, Kayne had jumped high, though not nearly as high, into the air. Tossing his lance into the air, he shot back down.
Drawing out his claws, his secondary weapons, Kayne took a single slash at Markus. However, Markus had a different idea. "You intend to perform such an obvious attack? Fine." Grabbing Kayne's outstretched arm, Markus spun him and himself around. Kayne was sent into his own wind spell, before Markus released him. Kayne fell to the ground, and a few seconds later, released a horrid scream of pain.

Kayne was literally nailed to the ground. His lance had penetrated his upper leg, and forced him to remain immobile. With his leg this badly damaged, he had no hopes of jumping again for the remainder of the fight. "Now then, you are crippled, at least for now, I have my weapon, my darkness, you are weakened and hurt, and I haven't a reason not to kill you. I would say, the match is over, and the advantage is mine." Kayne reached for his lance, and was trying to summon the will to draw it out. "No no no, we'll have none of that." Markus said, drawing his keyblade back. Bringing his arm forward with tremendous force, he launched the keyblade at Kayne. Kayne forced his head back, hurting it on the tile, and heard a snap as he watched the keyblade spin over his head and return to it's master. Getting up, he saw his lance had broken. Picking up from beside him, he now held a broken stick in his hand, while the blade and a small part of the shaft remained in his leg.
"D@mn, I had hoped to cut your head off. Oh well, lets see if I can cut you in half, down the middle." Markus drew his keyblade again, and leaped into the air. Crashing down to earth, he swung with his entire mite. In a feeble and instinctive attempt to defend himself, Kayne raised his broken shaft to try and block.
Again the clanging sound was heard. This time, it was for Kayne. Markus was shocked, though his face did not show it, at what had happened. Kayne had blocked with a new weapon in his hand. Two keyblades. Not so much two, rather, but two as one. On both sides, were two, black Oathkeeper keyblades, however, they were both at least double the normal length. Kayne felt the power course through his body, and realized something about Markus.
His eyes were filled with grief. Not anger or rage, or even fear, but almost as if he felt, guilty. Taking his chance, Kayne forced Markus back, and then ripped, quite literally, the lance from his leg, and using his newfound weapon, brought himself up. Just as Markus landed on the ground, Kayne used his good leg and his keyblade to launch himself at Markus.
Thrusting his keyblade into Markus' chest, Kayne seemed to force a lance of light through him as the keyblade hit his opponent. Markus quivered and flinched, and then fell to the ground. He was still alive, but unconscious. Kayne was about to raise his keyblade, but something stopped him. A strong gust of wind knocked him down. He looked around, and noticed that time had frozen.
"Well done my boy." A voice called. The shadowed figure appeared from a dark portal between Kayne and Markus. "You have won the match, and quite unexpectedly. However, I can’t allow you to kill this man.” Pointing to Markus, a dark portal engulfed the knight, and he vanished into the darkness. "Goodbye, Kayne." Stepping through the portal he just created, the man vanished, and time resumed.
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WE HAVE OUR WINNER!" The crowd roared as Kayne snapped back to reality. He looked around as he saw white mages rushing to him. Markus was nowhere to be seen. "Our other contestant seems to have fled, but it doesn't matter! KAYNE IS THE WINNER!" Kayne was helped up to get his wounds bandaged. He dropped his keyblade, which vanished from sight. Before drifting off from the anesthetic, he heard a voice say a name.
"Memory Chain."

-------In the locker room-------
Kayne was being carried off by a stretcher and kept staring at his hand in disbelief as they carried him off to the infirmary. “Wow that was pretty crazy” said Mateo to Eiyuu as he was putting on weightlifting gloves in preparation for his fight later in the day. Mateo looked at Eiyuu’s belongings and saw the keychain Septero had given him “Hey Eiyuu why don’t you use this for your next fight?” “Hmm..maybe I should we’ll see” said Eiyuu examining the keychain. Eiyuu was getting ready as well when suddenly the official busted through the door “Mr. Eiyuu you will be up next against Striker please hurry in your preparation” “St..Striker?” Eiyuu said in disbelief. Mateo walked over to him and touched his shoulder “Well, if you don’t make it ill just have to take care of Renai”. Eiyuu glared as Mateo started laughing “No seriously good luck bro” said Mateo still laughing.

-------Eiyuu vs. Striker-------
Eiyuu entered the fighting arena still muttering words of hate towards Mateo. Once he got near the center a shot hit the ground in front of him and Eiyuu quickly jumped back unleashing Absolute Light “Hey I didn’t hear the announcer say go!” “I wait for no one” said Striker with a smile on his face and his gun pointing right at him. Not wanting to give Striker another chance to shoot him Eiyuu summoned Absolute Darkness and quickly jumped away onto a wall of one of the towers of the stadium and launched off towards the direction of striker twirling in the air “Spiral Devastation!” Eiyuu said as he quickly making his way towards Striker who at that moment pulled out another gun out of his coat and aimed both of them at Eiyuu “Stunshot” he fired a golden bullet out of one of the guns and the bullet quickly went into the twirling Eiyuu and he stopped suddenly and fell down on the ground unable to move. “What a pity I thought you would’ve been more of a challenge seeing as you are the Keyblade Master” said Striker walking over to the motionless Eiyuu pointing his gun right at his head. Striker smiled and looked at the cheering crowd and raised his hands in appreciation to them. Striker did not notice ,however, that Eiyuu had quickly shaken off the stunshot and jumped back and created Eternal Dawn “Strike Raid” yelled Eiyuu as he threw Eternal Dawn right at Striker impaling him in the back. Eiyuu then raised out his hand and Eternal Dawn was summoned back into his hand as Striker’s back gushed blood out in doing this and he fell to his knees. Eiyuu then walked over to him “You’ve lost” and Eiyuu raised Eternal Dawn for the final blow when Striker quickly turned around his gun pointed straight at Eiyuu’s head “Bombshell” Striker pulled the trigger and a huge explosion filled the arena and Eiyuu was sent flying into the wall as Eternal Dawn disappeared but Eiyuu was still conscious but in terrible pain with burns all over his left arm and face and his shirt was ripped in several places. Striker too was sent into the wall of the arena but his hand was burned beyond repair and his glasses were destroyed as well as his jacket all he had now was his Kevlar vest and pants, which exposed his many guns. Eiyuu stumbled to try and get up but was still in terrible pain and then he noticed a piece of shrapnel was in his chest and he quickly ripped it out gushing out blood all over his body. Striker’s legs were pinned against the wall by rocks that were blown off in the explosion, so instead he pulled out yet another gun with a skull on it and with all his power he raised up his gun “Final Shot” and he fired the gun. The shot was quickly reaching Eiyuu as Eiyuu by instinct quickly closed his eyes raised up his hands to guard him from the shot and suddenly everything went quiet no shot, or screaming crowd just silence and Eiyuu opened his eyes to see what happened and noticed that he was now holding a bluish green sword with a engraved on the handle and the Atlantian keychain hanging from the end. Eiyuu then noticed a bullet was within the keyblade and Eiyuu being amazed tried to touch it but all he felt was the blue steel of the blade. Striker tried to shoot again but came up empty on his shot and tried to quickly reload. Eiyuu saw his chance and raised up his keyblade “Atlantian Strike” and he quickly threw down his arm as a beam shot of the end and quickly went towards Striker and hit him dead on knocking him unconscious and thus letting Eiyuu gain his first victory. “Ladies and Gentlemen here is your winner Eiyuu!” said the announcer and the crowd roared with appreciation and Eiyuu was then rushed off to the infirmary as well as Striker

-------The Infirmary-------
Eiyuu was laying on a hospital bed still in terrible pain from the previous match. A woman dressed in all white and with short blonde hair walked over to him trembling with nerves “H...hi Mr. Eiyuu I....I will be your white mage for today...” “Why are you so nervous?” asked Eiyuu noticing her hands were shaking. “Well sir its because....you’re a celebrity now due to that amazing performance you had in your last match....oh and by the way here your opponent asked me to give this to you if you won” said the woman and she extended her hand to show a keychain with a bullet on the chain. “Whoa.....why would he gives this to me?” Eiyuu asked in thought when suddenly he heard an announcement “Our next match will be Renai vs. Keira everyone please take your seats and competitors please make your way to the fighting area” as this announcement was said Eiyuu tried to get up to go see Renai’s match but due to tremendous pain and the fact that his white mage had threw him down with an abnormal amount of strength he was forced to stay in the infirmary.

-------Renai vs. Keira-------
Renai walked out of the locker room and ran out into the fighting arena and the fans roared for her. Suddenly with a flash of light Keira appeared on the fighting arena floor dressed in her assassin clothing. “May the best woman win” Renai told Keira extending her hand and Keira grabbed it and shook it “Yea may the best woman win” and then Keira clenched on Renai’s hand tightly and threw her in the air. As Renai was flying upward she looked down to see Keira with her daggers about to attack, she clapped her hands together and pulled out a steel spear and quickly blocked the daggers that Keira had started attacking her with. Keira clamped the two daggers around the spear in an scissors style and then threw it down to the ground then Keira stepped on Renai’s shoulders and jumped off of her and Renai was sent crashing to the floor as Keira did a back flip in air and then grabbed steel objects out of her pocket “Shuriken Rain”! Metal stars started to rain down on Renai as she fell down to the ground and landed hard on the ground and the stars hit her all over cutting her in many places. Renai shrieked in pain and she then saw Keira coming down quickly about to strike. Renai quickly clapped her hands together “Steel Shield” suddenly her Atlantian necklace glowed and a silver aura appeared and huge steel dome went around Renai. Keira quickly noticed this and tried to change her landing and barely landed on the shield with her feet. Keira then jumped back landing onto the ground of the fighting arena and the crowd roared. Renai then closed her eyes under the dome and clapped her hands together again “Aphasia Fists” the dome disappeared and the necklace glowed brighter than before as the necklace created silver gauntlets around Renai’s hands. Keira saw this and thought “What the hell? I thought she was an alchemist what is the power she has?” Renai then got up and ran at Keira and hit her straight in the stomach sending Keira straight into the wall on the other side of the arena. Renai then clapped her hands together one more time “Alchemist Blast” Renai’s hands glowed and then the gauntlets became energy and made an orb followed by a gold light emitting from Renai’s hands and Renai pulled the orb back and threw at Keira. The blast exploded on contact and destroyed the place where Keira had been. Renai looked for Keira’s body when the smoke cleared and then saw nothing but the ruins of the wall. Keira then appeared behind her “Assassin’s Wrath” an orb just like Renai’s appeared in Keira’s hands and Keira threw it and hit Renai directly in the back exploding in the process and she was driven straight into the ruins of the wall that Renai herself had just created. When the smoke cleared Keira saw Renai’s motionless body and the announcer then spoke “Here’s your winner Keira” the crowd roared as Keira just walked back to the locker room.

-------The Locker Room-------
The official walked into the locker room and found a man with long-brown spiked down haired boy polishing his keyblade “Mr. Kanzen your match is up next against Organa please hurry” without a word Kanzen dropped the keyblade and it disappeared into the wind and walked into the fighting arena.

-------Kanzen vs. Organa-------
Organa stood in the fighting area waiting for her opponent to show. Kanzen walked out to cheers from the crowd and instead of waving to them he just walked to the middle of the area. The bell then sounded for the match to begin. Organa raised up her arms and 3 plants exploded out of the ground. One tried snapping at Kanzen but he quickly avoided it and jumped onto another plant. The plant he stood on suddenly started to send out a gas and Kanzen quickly summoned his keyblade and then jumped in the air and landed on the ground he then stabbed the ground in between the first two plants and yelled “Trinity Limit” the blast engulfed the entire arena in light and destroyed the two plants and he made his way towards Organa when the 3rd plant got in his way and gathered power and sent out a yellow beam at him. Kanzen avoided the blast and then threw his keyblade at the plant “Strike Raid” the keyblade went gold and cut threw the plant killing it in the process. Organa witnessed this and summoned a huge wall of plants to surround her. Kanzen caught his keyblade that was coming back and then he smiled and ran with lightning like speed at the wall and cut straight through. The wall disappeared and Organa stood there in shock and then her body started to turn brown and she fell dead on the floor as everyone in the audience were in complete shock “Um...Your winner is Kanzen!” Kanzen then walked into the locker room without so much as an acknowledgement that the crowd was there.

-------Mateo’s Locker Room-------
Mateo continued to prepare himself while watching the matches on the tv in his room. The door knocked and an official walked in “Oh im sorry i thought this was the locker room of Septero” “Oh it is what would you like?” Mateo asked looking at the official. “Oh well his match is next he will be up against Bitro” said the official and he walked out. “I have to fight that idiot?” asked Septero “Looks like it” Mateo replied. “Piece of cake man seriously, ok time me alright? 20 bucks says I beat him in a minute” Septero proclaimed with a mass amount of confidence. Mateo just smiled and walked over to the mirror “Alright ill time you Septero Switch!” Septero appeared in the mirror instead of Mateo and he checked to see if he looked good and then walked out to the stadium.

-------Septero vs. Bitro-------
A tall grungy looking man walked out and the crowd cheered Bitro’s name as he made his way to the middle. Suddenly the arena went all black and Septero appeared out a black portal above the fighting area and then landed on his feet on the ground and crowd went crazy with excitement and all the girls chanted Septero’s name. Bitro looked unimpressed and kept his smug disgusted look on his face. Then the bell sounded and Bitro made his way over to Septero trying to attack him but Septero dodged the attack went behind Birto. Septero then summoned Tide “Shadow Maw” Septero raised Tide and slashed down and several dark dragons appeared and hit Bitro directly in the back but it barely did anything. Birto roared in anger and Septero was stunned for a moment and Birto took advantage of this as he turned around and hit Septero in the face sending back a little bit. “Haha wow that was pretty good” Septero said wiping the blood off of his lip. Bitro said something but Septero couldn’t understand him “What was that?” Septero asked with a confused look on his face and Bitro got angry and ran at Septero. Septero jumped in the air “Atlantian Aura!” Tide went completely blue and Septero had a blue aura all around him and he quickly went straight threw Bitro several times. Septero landed on the ground and Bitro just collapsed and it shook the arena. “Here’s your winner Septero!” the crowd roared in excitement and Septero waved at the fans and thanked them and left to the locker room.

-------Aurie’s and Anara’s Locker Room-------
Anara and Aurie were both getting ready for their match not noticing that they were the last two to fight and it was against each other. An official walked in “Aurie your match is next” “Good luck Aurie” said Anara. “Your opponent will be Anara, Ms. Aurie” said the official and she walked out. Aurie turned to Anara “Good luck Anara” and Aurie then walked out of the room. Anara was still stunned and then she quickly got to her senses and ran out to the fighting area.

-------Anara vs. Aurie-------
Anara ran out to the fighting area and saw Aurie was already waiting for her. They looked at each other and smiled Anara thought “This will be easy”. Aurie summoned the Dream Sword and quickly got ready. The bell rang and Aurie had launched off the ground towards Anara slashing at her. Anara, aware of this, slowly pulled out her double bladed dagger and jumped at the right moment and landed behind Aurie. Anara then kicked Aurie right in the back causing her to move forward a bit. Aurie quickly turned and slashed with her sword “Aurora” and a sudden pink light hit Anara hard. Aurie then raised her palm at Anara “Ice Storm” a blizzard shot out of her hand hitting Anara and icicles cut her up and the blizzard threw her to the wall of the stadium. While Anara was still being hit by the blizzard against the wall her legs suddenly became frozen and the ice slowly started to climb up her body. Anara quickly realized this “Vines” huge vines blew up out of the ground and hit Aurie causing the blizzard to stop. Aurie began fighting the Vines as Anara tried to get out of the Ice but couldn’t. “Freeze” yelled Aurie as she raised her palm at the vines and they became blue and still and Aurie then slashed at them with the Dream Sword causing them to shatter. Aurie then saw the helpless Anara still frozen against the wall. Aurie walked over to her and rose up the Dream Sword and the blade became pink and she quickly slashed it down causing a beam of light to come out of the sword in Anara’s direction. Anara saw this and quickly raised her dagger in the air and her eyes went blood red “Savage Attack” her body grew a red aura around her and before the blast hit she busted out of the ice and dodged the blast and then went straight for Aurie and attacked her with no remorse until Aurie fell unconscious from the pain. Anara then fell to her knees trying to calm down. “Here’s your winner Anara” said the announcer and Anara looked over at Aurie and saw she was beaten and unconscious. Anara was shocked and quickly ran over to her as the White Mages ran over to Aurie with a stretcher. They were about to pick her up when Anara yelled at them “Don’t you touch her!”. Anara picked up Aurie and brought her to the infirmary. Anara walked to the back leaving the entire stadium of people in a state of confusion.

-------The Infirmary-------
Eiyuu was finally being allowed out of the hospital with all of his wounds completely healed. Kayne was also being checked out and they both noticed Anara running in with Aurie in her arms. They ran over to see what had happened. Before they could ask, however, Anara had already started speaking with tears coming out of her eyes “I don’t know what happened we were fighting and she was about to finish me off when...I…I went berserk I...I couldn’t control myself” “Its alright don’t cry she will be fine” said Kayne as he saw she was crying about to collapse to the floor from grief. “Oh please it’s a tournament who cares? Gosh I swear stop crying its annoying” said Keira who was eavesdropping on Anara. Anara quickly wiped of her tears and walked right up to Keira and got in her face “You better hope you don’t see me in the next match” threatened Anara and then Anara walked out. “Ladies and Gentlemen the second round will begin shortly with what will be an explosive match Eiyuu vs. Kayne!” said the announcer. Kayne smiled an evil grin at Eiyuu and quickly walked out to go get ready. Eiyuu heard this and muttered under his breath “I hate this tournament” and walked out to his locker room.

Eiyuu walked in to find Mateo looking at his hand. Eiyuu started to laugh “Did you just find out you have a hand?” “Ha ha no. When I defeated Luc he grabbed Dragori and put in his power within Dragori. Look watch” Mateo said and he pointed his hand at the wall and a burst of fire came out of Mateo’s hand causing the wall to go on fire. “Whoa that is awesome!” Eiyuu said bewildered and then noticed that there were burn marks all over the room where Mateo had been playing with his new power. “Man you have way to much time on your hands” said Eiyuu. “Yea so what you would too if you had gotten a new power.” Mateo snapped back. Eiyuu was about to argue when he did start to remember back when he first got his keyblade he would swing it around at different things “Uh…yea I guess you’re right” “Yea I know I’m right don’t you have a match soon against Kayne? Yea that one should be interesting” Mateo told Eiyuu. Eiyuu got a nervous look on his face “Yea I know he isn’t going to hold back” “Yea so get ready I don’t think you’ve ever fought a dragoon before” Mateo said. Eiyuu nodded “Thanks man well I’m going to go hope I win” “Don’t worry I got faith in you” Mateo said and Eiyuu walked out.

-------Eiyuu vs. Kayne-------
Eiyuu came to the entrance to the fighting area and stopped. He looked to the arena outside and took a deep breath. Eiyuu was about to walk out when someone tapped him on the shoulder. Eiyuu turned around to see an official with clipboard in hand.

-------Infirmary-------
Septero was laying on one of the hospital beds still unconscious. Keira was standing over the bed watching Septero with a look on her face that no one had ever seen before from her, fear. A white mage walked by and Keira quickly grabbed her “W…Will he be ok?” “Yes dear he will be fine don’t you worry we will have him up in no time.” responded the white mage with a motherly smile on her face. Aurie ran into the room and over to Septero. Aurie grabbed her staff and started casting a spell on Septero. “Oh now who is the one looking scared and about to cry? Please its just a tournament who cares?” Anara said behind Keira trying to mock what Keira had told Anara earlier. Keira quickly turned around to look at Anara but Anara had already left. Keira then turned around to notice that Aurie had finished the spell. “Thank you Aurie” Keira said sincerely. Aurie smiled “It was nothing I mean he is one of my good friends and I don’t want any other white mage to be healing my friends” “Mateo switch” said Septero the darkness surrounded Septero and Mateo took his place. Mateo got out of his bed and stood up and Keira quickly hugged him “Keira…” Mateo said stunned and then he heard Keira crying on him. Mateo embraced her “Its alright Keira I’m alright now” Mateo looked over at Aurie who was about to leave. “Thank you Aurie” Mateo said. Aurie smiled and left the room. “Keira vs. Anara is next” said the announcer. Keira was still hugging Mateo “Keira your match is about to begin” “…I know” said Keira as she started letting go of Mateo. Keira looked at Mateo and kissed him on the cheek. Keira then left for the fighting area leaving Mateo sitting in the infirmary trying to figure out what had just happened.

-------Keira vs. Anara-------
Anara’s music hit the arena and fireworks filled the air as the half-berserker half thief walked out of the locker room with her daggers held up and the crowd roared in appreciation. Anara made her way to the middle of the arena and waited for her opponent impatiently. Suddenly the lights dimmed and spotlights pointed towards the locker room and Keira’s music rocked the arena and Keira ran out to the middle of the arena and faced her adversary. The announcer roared “Fight!” as soon as this was yelled both girls flew up in the air both trying to lay the first hit on the other. Anara tried to punch at Keira but Keira dodged and hit Anara in the back of the head with her elbow and Anara was sent crashing to the floor. Keira quickly capitalized “Shurikan Rain” as she said this millions of Chinese stars littered the ground some of which impaled the fallen berserker. Anara shrieked in pain as the sharp metal met her skin. The Berserker got up quickly and turned around to look at Keira. Keira now noticed that Anara’s eyes were now blood red as Anara yelled “Violent Rage” Anara’s hands turned into claws her hair grew longer her teeth sharpened and suddenly the Anara everyone knew and loved was now a demonic monster full of hate. Keira noticed this and mortal terror filled her. Anara wasted little time after her transformation and slashed at Keira constantly until Keira was a bloody mess. Anara then grabbed Keira and brought her to eye view and threw her like a rag doll at the wall. Everyone in attendance was horrified at what they had just witnessed. The White Mages all ran towards the bloody assassin hoping to heal whatever was left of her. Anara changed back to her normal self and fell to the ground unconscious. “Well…Ladies and Gentlemen….I have just talked over the official and the winner of this match is…..Anara”

-------In the Locker Room-------
“Mateo did you just see what happened?” asked Eiyuu to Mateo who was getting ready for his next match “Nope afraid not what happened?” “Maybe you should go see for yourself in the Infirmary” said Eiyuu. Mateo suddenly looked concerned and ran towards the Infirmary.

-------Infirmary-------
Mateo ran into the Infirmary to find Keira in critical condition in a room at the end of the infirmary. White Mages were working frantically to heal Keira. Aurie ran inside the room and told everyone to leave. All the White Mages hesitated but left as Aurie spoke of many words in which no one knew how to repeat. Suddenly, a pink light filled the room as Aurie walked out and went towards Mateo “She will be fine. She lost the fight against Anara after she had become full on berserker.” “You’re kidding can I go see her?” Mateo asked eagerly but Aurie just shook her head “No she needs rest” Mateo nodded and walked out of the infirmary.

-------Mateo vs. Snake-------
Mateo ran over to the entryway and took a deep breath to focus on his upcoming battle. Suddenly Mateo’s music filled the arena and the crowd went wild. Mateo walked out into the fighting arena and stopped to look at all the fans. Mateo couldn’t help but smile as he made his way to the middle. Then the arena went quit and all the lights in the arena turned off as Snake’s music hit the arena and smoked filled the ground as Snake emerged from the Locker Room. Snake made his way to his rival. Snake smirked at Mateo “Hah why does it always come down to me and you?” “Maybe its just fate” Mateo answered “Maybe” replied Snake as he raised his hand and Bolt shot out into his hand. Mateo thrust out his arm and the long blade Katana known as Tide appeared in his hand. Mateo ran at Snake attacking at him with all he had trying to hit Snake. Snake would not go down he blocked every single attack as if he knew every attack Mateo would make. Mateo jumped back knowing that his offensive wouldn’t do a thing “Just like old times” “Always” Snake replied attack Mateo this time. Mateo blocked this time waited for an opening to attack that wasn’t coming anytime soon. Snake thrust Bolt at Mateo but Tide blocked Bolt. Mateo twirled Tide around as did Snake and they both sent each other swords flying to the opposite ends of the arena. Mateo’s and Snake’s eyes met for a moment and then Mateo grabbed Snake and punched him the stomach and then grabbed his head and lowered his head down towards the ground. Mateo then lifted Snake’s body from his midsection bringing him up to his shoulder but Snake jumped off and landed behind Mateo. Mateo turned around quickly only to be met with a kick from Snake sending Mateo to the floor. Before Mateo could even remember where he was Snake put his hand towards Mateo “Paralysis” Mateo’s body stiffened as electricity prevented Mateo from moving. Snake smiled and evil smile and he pointed upward. The crowd went wild as they knew that something new was about to happen. Snake looked at the tallest tower and with lightning speed climbed to the top. Snake looked down at Mateo with a devilish smile trying to measure him. Snake the turned the opposite direction the crouched down and launched off the tower backwards and fell from 50 feet. Time seemed to have slowed down as Snake flew down from the tower and everyone in the audience looked on in amazement as Snake landed right on the chest of Mateo. Mateo at first didn’t feel the pain until after a few moments then he screamed in pain as ribs were now all broken. Snake screamed too as his ribs were now broken after completing the move. Mateo summoned Tide to his hand and stuck it in the ground trying to pull from deep inside of himself and get up as did Snake. They both miraculously got up and Mateo raised Tide in the air “LEVIATHIN!!” the blue serpent came from out of the clouds and curled itself around Mateo. Snake knowing the power of this menacing beast grabbed Bolt and raised it in the air “QUEZACOTL!!” suddenly out from the clouds a bolt of electricity struck the ground and out from it a giant phoenix emerged surging with lightning. Mateo looked on with amazement and forgot the pain in his ribs for a moment. Mateo then remembered the new power in which he had just received from Luc. Mateo then concentrated his mind on Tide and raised it in the air and yelled “ETERNAL PHEONIX” this time fire came from out the sky fusing with Leviathin making Leviathin reddish and fire emitting from the serpent. Snake gritted his teeth for he knew Mateo’s beast was now stronger than his. Mateo pointed Tide at Quezacotl and Snake “Attack them” Mateo said out of breath from his broken ribs and the yelling he had done before. Leviathin attacked Quezacotl first wrapping itself around the electric phoenix making it writhe in pain from the flames and then Leviathin opened its mouth and shot a powerful blue beam out sending Quezacotl from whence it had been summoned. Snake prepared himself for the attack he was soon about to receive from Leviathin but Mateo didn’t order the attack instead Mateo brought Tide up to himself “LEVIATHIN FUSE WITH ME!!!” Mateo yelled with all his might despite having broken ribs. Leviathin wrapped itself around Mateo and Mateo absorbed all of Leviathin and the Phoenix’s powers. Mateo’s hair turned into a bluish reddish black color and so did his clothes and Tide was black blue and red. Mateo then looked at Snake “It ends here my friend” “I am ready my brother” Snake replied as he took up Bolt and attacked Mateo. Mateo simply dodged the attack and then touched Tide as it glowed the three colors “Wrath of the Dark Phoenix” Mateo’s Aura went black blue and red as swiftly attacked Snake with Tide slashing him across the back and then jumping back and concentrated all of his power into one devastating beam and launching it at Snake sending him flying to the wall unconscious. The crowd cheered like they had never cheered before as they chanted Mateo’s name. “Here’s your winner Mateo!!!” yelled the announcer. Mateo’s aura went away and Mateo grabbed his ribs and crawled over to his fallen friend “You ok man?” “Never better good job” replied Snake and then the White Mages carted them off as they both went unconscious.

Posted by Sak

Very good work. Good job with the action!
___
One really tiny mistake though : Aurie doesn't have a staff anymore.

Posted by Arcadios

I'll read it when I'm outta work.
So does this mean that I can do the final rounds?

Posted by Arcadios

Sorry for double posting but now that I read it nice job.
I go next right?
To do the semi-finals and finals?

Posted by Wally The Weird

It was good, but one thing.
Shuriken are japanese, not chinese.

I've been thinking of having Kayne leaving for a bit to go off and train (Due to loosing) and have the new girl I made up show up with an amnesiac Vecks. After the tournement ends and all I mean.

Posted by Arcadios

Actually Wally, I was wondering if you would keep Kanye around until I finish the tournament and my next chapter.
Once I'm done typing up the chapter I'll post it but I would like it if he stuck around till my next turn if you don't mind.

Alrighty then.
I'll have Kayne leave to go train after Vecks and the new girl (Fera I think) show up because he thinks are getting to crowded. However, Vecks and Fera may only stay for a bit, and then leave again.

Posted by Arcadios

Match making again I see.
So I'll go start on my next chapter but forgot what I'm suppose to do. :p:
Now I have Kanzen, Eiyuu, Anara, and Mateo to fight, right?

Dunno, and no.
Fera and Vecks are traveling companians, thats it.
I plan to have Vecks show up with a cross between unorthadox magic (Nothing definite and no set bounderies, but they are there) and blue magic.
1000 needles, vanishing, aqua breath, that sort of thing. Plus magic that may or may not make ANY sence at all.

Posted by Arcadios

...And off I go. :cookie:

yea im glad everyone liked it i loved writing it

Posted by Arcadios

...Wait...did I tell you I got a name change, Riku?