DS for birthday.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Ok, so I'm probably going to get a DS for my birthday. If not I'll just go out and buy one.

So does anyone have idea's for some good games? I would really like a hockey game, or a fighting one. Any ideas?

Posted by Zeta

There aren't any hockey games for DS, and only one fighting game (Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers, which is very crappy.)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is still the best DS has to offer in my opinion. If you want a game that makes the most of the touch screen, then Kirby: Canvas Curse is a good choice.

Posted by Arcadios

Well all I have to say is go for Mario.
Revisting Super Mario 64 was memorable but it still wasen't like the original.
Mario Kart is really fun especially if you have other friends with DS's.
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time was a fun game and it's not a sequal to the first Mario and Luigi so you don't have to worry about not playng the first one.
I have yet to play the New Super Mario bros. but I'm getting a DS Lite first then I'm going for the new Mario.
And if yea like Tetris go for it, I don't own it but I played it and it was fun.
Some other games that might be intresting are:
Animal Crossing
Big Brian Academy
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Diddy Knog Racing DS
Star Fox DS
Final Fantasy III

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

First of all, don't get a old DS. Get the Lite. Its only $130 and its much better.

Heres the best games out on the DS.

Mario Kart (wifi)
Animal Crossing (wifi)
New Super Mario Bros.
Castle Vania: Dawn of Sorrows
Brain age
Metroid Prime Hunters (wifi)

Posted by Klarth

Well, there's that one Bleach fighting game on the DS, and it's wifi! Then again, it's also Bleach =(

I've still yet to play anything other than Mario 64, but it's fun and should be budget-priced by now! Get it.

Posted by Ant

New Super Mario Bros, or Mariokart DS would have to be my #1 suggestions.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I'm looking to get Mario Bros, and Castlevania. Later down the road I'll probably buy Animal Crossing, as I love it on the GameCube.

Posted by Colonel

And when you get your DS, you'll have the special "Happy Birthday chime" for the day, Fan-cee

Posted by Burrito

There aren't a lot of fighting games for the DS, but you could import Jump Superstars, if you like that style of fighting game.

Posted by MGamer

Hockey games suck period.

Posted by Axis

Get Elf Bowling 1&2. :D

Posted by Pit

Get a regular DS, lite is too heavy

Posted by Colonel

and not nearly bright enough.

Posted by Drewboy64

If you want a great fighting game, import Jump Super Stars. Amazing, ssb-esque fighter.

Other good games are Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, Mario Bros, etc. etc.