...I killed MS Paint?

Posted by Alastor

I get an error any time I try to open it, and it's not under Accessories like it usually is. Why this is, I have no clue.

Help? :(

Posted by Killer Jordo

That's crazy. Did you maybe uninstall something else? And maybe clicked MS Paint instead?

Posted by higbvuyb

reinstalling windows usually works.

Wither that, or you go to add/remove programs, then go to 'windows components', and remove paint, and then put it back on again.

Posted by Alastor

Fixed this before I even got a reply, thanks to Linkman.

He was supposed to delete this. :mad:

Posted by Killer Jordo

A little slackin their Linkman? eh? eh? Just kidding :p . Good to know you got it working Alastor.

Posted by Proto Man

How did you fix it praytell? And don't delete this... someone else might have the same problem sometime in the future.

Posted by Alastor

Linkman just sent me mspaint.exe through AIM. Ran it right from my AIM download directory. I looked around myself and used Search to try and find it before he sent it to me, but every time I'd open it, I'd get the error that you see above.

So if you get that error, get a friend to give you mspaint.exe. That should fix it.

Posted by Trigger

Or, you know, Higbvuybs suggestion of getting Windows to quick uninstall and reinstall the Windows component is generally the exact same fix. You know, because it takes the original MSPaint executable from the Windows CD.

Posted by Alastor

Well, whatever it was that I done, it got rid of some other unnecessary default stuff, like Sound Recorder and Solitaire. Kind of embarassing to have to ask for sol.exe over AIM so my parents would leave me alone. :cool:

Posted by Malevolence

Lol @ Alastor! I think it'd be funnier if it said MS paint was actually... Killed.