PS3 Controller, Welcome to 1999.

Posted by Axis

Saw this video on kotaku, it's a guy from Playstation Magazine in one of his podcasts playing Warhawk with a Motion-Tilt controller. That's right, he's playing the Playstation 1 game Warhawk... with a motion sense controller that came out in 1999. So pretty much what Sony showed us at their E3 conference has been able to be achieved since 1999. Oh, and the controller is even able to use the vibration.

Video: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/warhawk/warhawakps3-controller-nothing-new-182473.php

Posted by Bebop

Ouch for Sony. It cant be good when a member of one of your magazines takes a stab at you.

Posted by Axis

I'm by no means a fanboy, I got a laugh out of it mainly for the reason that Bebop pointed out. I'll be getting a PS3 when the price drops.

Posted by TendoAddict

Did sony actually say that Rumble would mess up the tilt?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Thats a good one.

Posted by GameMiestro

Quoting TendoAddict: Did sony actually say that Rumble would mess up the tilt?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Thats a good one.

It could, if they design it badly enough. If the motion detector is right on top of the rumble pack (it very well could happen), then the rumble pack would set of the tilt detection.

Posted by Roxas23857

True. But what the video in TendoAddict's sign. is funny to look at but I hope you don't always have to use the tilt.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Roxas23857: True. But what the video in TendoAddict's sign. is funny to look at but I hope you don't always have to use the tilt.

You shouldnt use my movie as an example, its was a showcase of the tilt and over done.
--------------
Ya, the rumble could hurt the tilt on a bad controller. But this is sony I would hope they could do a little better.