Loco Roco

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

PLUS:
Nice and addictive and crazy music.

MINUS:
2.71. I hate you, Sony. :(

Posted by Klarth

You upgraded?! :(

Worry not. If your PSP was bought last year you might be able to use the Undiluted Platinum modchip that's coming soon... Homebrew joys on 2.xx.

It's not really the fact that it stops homebrew - I've kinda given up on that and I've got Wii and a C64 anyway - but it's the fact that they force it so that you can't play certain games without it. Ugh.

Posted by Bebop

Whats the problem if you upgraded with this game?

What?

I don't like the fact that they force updates on you. It should be my choice.

Posted by Bebop

I dont have a PSP. Whats so bad about updates that its worse your forced to?

I would say that anything is worse when you're forced to do it. Sex, for example.

Posted by Vg200x

they were raving about this game at E3 on G4tv, I rather play we love katamari.. It looks like we love katamari and yoshie's island, has it come out in the UK and is it any fun?

Yes, and yes. A bit short, though - but to perfect it, it'll take a while.

Posted by Vg200x

jesus they just talked about it at E3 I thought like all the other good games there not going to come out in the fall.. does anyone wanna buy me a plain ticket to the UK so I can pick this game up?lol

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

This is the best PSP game in existance, and I'm thinking about upgrading one of the PSPs for it. Get it.

NOW

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: I would say that anything is worse when you're forced to do it. Sex, for example.

The the bad point for this game is it requires an update? This is the stupidest reason to be against a video game.

Oh, Christ, shut up. It's the only negative point on an otherwise good game. I'm against the way that Sony forces you to update.

This game does not require 2.60 to run. It could run on GameBoy. But it won't let you play it until you've upgraded, and blocked out homebrew to some extent.

Posted by Klarth

I believe there are several games which -do- require updates due to codec requirements - Any firmware under 2.00 doesn't have the AVC codec, which is why FMV content is sparse in the PSP's first few titles.

However, Loco Roco doesn't need any of these codecs, and technically doesn't need updating.

Posted by Slade

I really want to play it and other PSP games... but maybe after I beat all the SNES games(and homebrew) I want to on my PSP..? Or maybe after money grows in piles in my backyard.

I envy you, Velvet Nightmare, and your multiple PSP's...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: Oh, Christ, shut up. It's the only negative point on an otherwise good game. I'm against the way that Sony forces you to update.

So do PC games and Xbox games?

[quote]This game does not require 2.60 to run. It could run on GameBoy. But it won't let you play it until you've upgraded, and blocked out homebrew to some extent.

2.60?Homebrew? I do not know what these are. I thought my first post in this thread would have provoked someone to answer this.

There is a difference with PC games - you need to upgrade to, say, DirectX 10 for the game to actually work. Without it the game could not run. With PSP, the game could run fine without an upgrade to the firmware version 2.60. However, Sony want you to update your firmware, so they make it so that to load the game, the PSP it's on has to be a v2.60 PSP.

Before 2.60, there was an easy way to run emulators and ROMs on the PSP, of older consoles and of home-made, 'homebrew' games. With 2.60, it makes it a lot harder to do this - you have to run it through an exploit in the savegame function of GTA: LCS, and the copy of the game has to be purchased before a couple of months ago, because the explot on the disc was patched recently. This is the only reason you HAVE to upgrade for certain games.

Firmware 2.71 allows the download of demos from yourpsp.com, but blocks off homebrew completely.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Just shut the fuck up and upgrade.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Wings]Before 2.60, there was an easy way to run emulators and ROMs on the PSP, of older consoles and of home-made, 'homebrew' games. With 2.60, it makes it a lot harder to do this - you have to run it through an exploit in the savegame function of GTA: LCS, and the copy of the game has to be purchased before a couple of months ago, because the explot on the disc was patched recently. This is the only reason you HAVE to upgrade for certain games.
Not just 2.60 - 2.01 and 2.50 can use this exploit, too.

Yeah, but they don't need to.

Also, Velvet Nightmare doesn't get it.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Wings]Yeah, but they don't need to.
If they want homebrew... Yeah, they do.