Arcades a dieing trend?

Posted by poisonblood

With console gaming beconing more and more advanced people dont realy have a reason to go to the arcade any more. Now when I go I mostly see five year olds. And my favorite games have been replace with crap. Dont get me wrong though I love arcades, but they are dieing.

Posted by Xero

The hell? This arcade is stuffed with old games such as tetris, space invaders and others. 5 years old in there? You dont know that. And no the arcade is not dying. A lot of new high scores appear every week.

Posted by poisonblood

All of the good Arcades by were I live have closed because they dident have enough buisiness. I still enjoy going to what is left of the arcade by were I live. I am just saying that they are becoming less popular.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

You live in the worst place in the world then. Around here, arcades are still thriving with gamers. Hell, I've met some of my current friends at some of these arcades. And 5 year olds? Only in the little child corners, the rest of us are out there jamming it up in Street Fighter and House of the Dead. Now, it could my are that has a lot of gamers, so it may be different for me. In no way, however, is arcades a dying business. Not yet, at least.

Posted by Xero

Quoting poisonblood: All of the good Arcades by were I live have closed because they dident have enough buisiness. I still enjoy going to what is left of the arcade by were I live. I am just saying that they are becoming less popular.

aoh your talking about REAL arcades! Ah I thought you were talking about the one at VGC :rolleyes:

Well the arcades around my place are pretty popular and I meet a lot of people that are around my age there.

Posted by Vg200x

I think they are dieing. there just like any other trend. evan tho there are 3 arcades where I live but there 1 hour away and one has a lan partie in it which is awsome. but the closet one was opened by a kid that were givin to him so he opend his own arcade and got some more.evan tho it only only has like 10 games and 1 is the new beatmania that is like guitar hero has the turn table and it's in this big arcade form and they have in da groove 2... does anyone if they have a sound track for that? cause I like most of the songs. ANYWHO. they are declineing and then when new ones open they dont stay for long...

Posted by poisonblood

Think about it arcades are no were near as popular as they were in the 80s.
Arcades are still a cool place to hang out, but the arcades around here are a pathetic shell of what they once were. The thing that annoys me the most is that all of the classic games like Galaga are stuck in a corner were they collect dust and see very little usage.

Posted by Last Fog

I wish I had an arcade around here. There is not a single arcade in reasonable distance from where I live. The only place that has arcades is the boardwalk at the shore.

Posted by keyartist

Where I live the arcade is always packed with people, but all they do is gay it up with there dance dance rev. game.

Posted by Red

you wanna see a dying thread, visit the buy,sell,trade boards accually it's not dying...it's dead.

Posted by talents

Well... i don,t think it,s dieng because I still see people playing popular games like 'time chrisis' and 'ghost sqaud'

Posted by Viccica

Are you kiddng me? Arcades will never die as long as people want to actually physically get into a game. Anyone can sit in front of a tv with a little controller, but people will never give up things like mortal combat, racing games and those Area 51 games. Not to mention ski(sp) ball and fooseball, table tennis and air hockey.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I was in the mall yesterday when I happened to drop by the old arcade. Most of the good games from the last time I stepped in there ('bout seven months) were gone. The only good games left were House of the Dead II, and Silent Scope.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Would be nice to see Arcades have a comeback. Who knows? Maybe they will someday...

Posted by Viccica

As long as I have quarters, my arcade-loving-ness will never die.

Posted by Xero

Same here. Its always fun to go to the arcade with friends. Changes from the regular movie night. DDR is my best attraction there.

Posted by Crazy K

I love arcades, it brings out the true kid in you. I believe my town used to have an arcade, but it closed down. Sadly I don't think an arcade could ever thrive in a small town. But I truly wish there was one around here, possibly so I can go there every weekend or so.

Posted by Cruxis

Yeah, We have one here, but it's small. Arcades are great because they alway the next gen graphics first, and the Apparatuses that you use to play the games them selves are fun. I really enjoy the whole arcade scene too, you can take a girlfriend or a buddy and have a blast. I do on the other hand fear that arcades (at least here in america) are dieing out. Most people would rather play Xbox live or counter strike on there PC's then actually have to go out of the house. Still I like them. :)

Posted by Kit

Arcade games cost more here, £1 (About $1.80) to play a single game, total ripoff.

Sadly, the arcades by my area have closed down, there's some I can go to, but the nearest one I know of is about an hour's drive away. But anytime I go on holiday I spend a LOT of time in Arcades. Mainly playing Time Crisis or House of Dead games. I love playing these games in Arcades.

Ever heard of the Trocadero? (I think that's how it's spelled.) It's a huge arcade in London, with 3-4 floors, (Can't remember), last time I went I loved that place. =)

Posted by Xero

1.80$ for a game? Sheesh! Here for 1$ you can play at least 2 games!

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="Cyan"]Arcade games are good for cinema. Guys waiting before the movie starts play arcade to pass the waiting time. Raiden looks like it takes two or three Xbox360 consoles to make your little jet power it's way through a myriad of tiny and gargantuan fierce alien ships. I think this game will go on the next gen console - the Xbox 720 (360+360), I guess. [/COLOR]