Dynasty Warrior series.Greatest games of the PS2

Posted by The Wanderer

I LOVE the dynasty warrior games. Many people bash them for being to repetitive, but so are all the stupid sports games out there, and I don't see them yelling about them. Huang Zhong Lives FOREVER.

Posted by The Pain

Well, I can admit that Dynast Warriors was a very very good game series. The action was fun, especially being in a large crowd with nothing but a spear or sword. But I also have to admit that the game dose get repeditive after a while (dosent mean it has to be bad). But I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the greatest ps2 game series of all time but it is pretty darn good.

Posted by Domino

Dynasty Warriors games are great. So many characters and awesome huge battles. They do get repetitive but they have good reply value.

Posted by Unite

hmm

It felt good slashing and hacking your way through +1000 guys

Posted by Klarth

The games were pretty fun, but they kind of pushed the PS2's limits. Being in the middle of a fifty-man brawl when the play area is fogged so much that you can't see five metres away isn't too great.

Posted by Arczu

Come to think of it, I found it VASTLY annoying when I would smash through 15 guys, but then 30 more guys SUDDENLY APPEARED out of nowhere... because they could only have so many guys on screen at once. Samurai Warriors even had some officers dissapear when too many guys got on screen, then re-appear and kick you arse! Rather that one was hard strategy-wise because the difficulty was you-oriented. If you could be at 3 places at once, then you'd win no problem, but dam... you take 4X the damage and the CPUs have 4X as much health is a really, REALLY cheap way of making the game hard.

Dynasty Warriors, I do come back to play these series every now and then (especially DW3). Sure it seems mindless hack'n'slashing through thousands of guys, but somehow, I stay interested.

Posted by brownoystercult

I thought it was very repetitive.

Posted by Arczu

Yeah, it is. That's why most people either love it, or banish the games to the depths of hell.

Posted by Slade

I liked playing Dynasty Warriors 3 for a couple hours just because it was mindless yet satisfying. Problem is, I'd space out too much, and eventually die because of it. It didn't really keep my attention.

It was good for a rental, in my opinion.

Posted by Hammered On

I love the DW series.. very entertaining IMO.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I used to play these when I needed mindless "KO Count"'s... now I've moved on to Spartian: Total Warrior for that.

Posted by Arczu

You don't need a high K.O count to accomplish most battles. Playing it smart, you would go after the Captain in smaller units (this way, the 4 others can loose their will to fight and run off) and Generals. Hell, when you could just go straight after the Enemy leader from the beginning of the battle in most cases and end the battle pre-maturely.

Though I haven't played 4 or 5 yet, the series has a lot of characters in them. Sheesh, I don't think I've unlocked all of them in 3 yet, and I had this one for years.

Posted by XeroPercent

I never really got into DW but I do have Mystic Heros which is essencially DW Jr. and that is pretty entertaining with 4 people.

Posted by Knight_Blazer

My favorite DW game is DW 5 Xtreme Legends. The amount of emeies in the levels are much better than the others and the create character part has so much more options than DW 4. But my favorite story line character is Coa Pi because he looks cool and doesn't care how Coa Coa ruled the kingdom. He's just going to do things how he wants to. His weapon is really cool too. The bad thing about this game is that Lu Bu is way to easy.

Posted by OniRadience

Dynasty Warriors was a freaking fun franchise true enough. Me and my friends have so much fun just mindlessly killing people. I think, however, that it's getting too repetative. Maybe newer modes or something to spice it up, I dunno.

Posted by Dexter

I played Dynasty Warrior 5 for the 360 and I didn't enjoy it all too much. Maybe it's starting to become too much, too over-familiar and trite.

Posted by Arczu

[FONT=Times new roman]Sure I played through 5, XL and Empires, and although Empires was kinda fun, there was a lot I was hoping but never expected to be there. Yeah sure, your K.O counts tends to be over 100 after the stage, but it's their fault for running into a galloping horse : )

The gameplay elemets needs to be shifted so that it's not so much "you" oriented all the time.
[/font]

Posted by Kit

I played the one for the PSP, and I didn't really like the whole Tactics thing. I've also played number 3, which was a lot of fun for a while.

Posted by MasterOfMyDomain

I think that if they added the special ability feature from Samurai Warriors into the Dynasty Warriors franchise then there would be more replay value. The evolution attack wasn't a bad idea for 5 though it made it a little more fun along with the Musou Tokens. The one for PSP really isn't good lol. I played it for 2 hours at most and then went back to playing 4 and 5. But I admit, I've been hooked to the series since DW3 came out.

Posted by .batata

i had played this game by mistaken...^^^^^^^
my friend give me the wrong disc so i kept playing it until the next day so i did like it but i didn't buy it^^^^^