Basic Advice.

Posted by Toon

I have recently been browsing this site and it seems people know what they are talking about , are there any tips or tricks out there that will increase my download rate or the smoothness of my games when im running them? i also need a reccomendation on a way to clear my computer of adware or malware without formatting my C drive, also any way to download movies that is effective and fast would be appreciated, I am not aware of what is frowned upon by this forum so if any of this annoys or insults people please just give me a warning and dont flame me, thanks.

Posted by poisonblood

To increasse the smoothness of your games while playing them you could try lowering to resolution and the particle rate, in doing so the game will not look as good but will run smoother.As for clearing your computer of asware or malware have you tried to manually remove it? To downloading movies quickly you should try geting faster internet.

Posted by Klarth

"Smoothness of your games" = Right-click on taskbar, open task manager, kill KaAzZaAaAzA or Limewire or whatever **** program you use to download your favourite Linkin Biscuit songs.

Adware: Google "Lavasoft adaware" and "spybot". Install Adaware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy.

"Downloading movies fast": Oh ****ing hell. Google Azureus (you DO know what Google is, right?) and find a decent bittorrent tracker.

In other news: YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THESE THINGS IF YOU'RE COMPETENT ENOUGH TO JOIN A FORUM.

Posted by Proto Man

Yeah do what they said basically. Other things that will increase smoothness of games is better hardware, but then that costs money.

But anyhow Spybot is really good. Or if you have Win XP, get Windows Defender.

Posted by Toon

Thanks for the advice and flames =).

I was just asking if anyone was clued into things that i wasnt thats all. Im going to be building a new computer once Burning Crusade comes out.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Klarth]In other news: YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THESE THINGS IF YOU'RE COMPETENT ENOUGH TO JOIN A FORUM.
Oh, shut up. System maintenance such as the removal of sypware, malware and adware as well as the illegal download of movies is not common knowledge to everyone who uses a forum. Just because they know how to create a username, password and provide a valid e-mail address in order to register at a forum does not mean they know everything else that would be beneficial to their system or enjoyment.

Get a grip and get off your horse. At least they went to the effort to find out these things and they didn't exactly do it in an ignorant manner. It's you who took Toon down a peg or two on the IQ branch, assuming they don't know how to use Google.