Launch games revealed

Posted by Bebop

Source:Spong (expect Gamespot to do the same in a month or two)

[quote=Spong]According to Nintendo Power, the official magazine for Nintendo of America (a flyer for which is included in every single US game purchase) the Nintendo Wii will launch with six games later this year, which is the first in what is bound to be a stream of details as to what early adopter can expect.

The mag claims the following titles to be available day one:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii Version
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Red Steel
Wii Dragon Quest
Super Monkey Ball
Rayman Raving Rabbids

As you can see, Mario doesn't make the cut, traditionally a bad omen for Nintendo consoles and one the firm is no doubt aware of. However, Super Mario Galaxy, one of SPOnG's favourite titles from E3, will follow in early 2007 - complete with recently announced two player mode.

We'll let you know as titles are shuffled around as the Wii launch draws ever closer. Stay tuned.

Posted by Klarth

I thought these were confirmed already.

Posted by Speedfreak

Mario not making the cut a bad omen? Since bloody when? GBA and DS never had a Mario game at luanch other than ports, and they're doing pretty bloody well. The N64, on the other hand, had one of the best and still lost. If ports are enough to support a console launch then Wii will have all the Mario games at launch.

Posted by TendoAddict

Interesting,

They have two first party coming out and some recognizable names. Looks like its much stronger then sonys so far.

Im not surprised at the lack of mario, its clear nintendo wants galaxy to surpass Mario 64 and with added two player who can complain?

Posted by Linko_16

Surprising. Six launch titles that all seem pretty interesting to me.

Posted by Axis

I'll be getting Metroid and Zelda. That's it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Keep in mind that this is by no means all the launch titles, there will be more announced as time passes.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Also keep in mind that it's Spong, kids. They dress up assumptions that everyone already has and then post it as news.

Besides, there are other launch games. Madden, for example.

Posted by muffla

not bad i got a question tho is mario galexies what mario 128 was originally gonna be?

Posted by Fadedblood

Quoting muffla: not bad i got a question tho is mario galexies what mario 128 was originally gonna be?

Mario 128 was merely a tech demo to show the wii's (or next-gen) console's processing power.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fadedblood]Mario 128 was merely a tech demo to show the wii's (or next-gen) console's processing power.

Correction, it was a tech demo for Gamecube.

Posted by Fadedblood

Quoting Speedfreak: Correction, it was a tech demo for Gamecube.

my bad, thanks

Posted by Dexter

I'm looking forward to Wii Dragon Quest the most although I'm sure Zelda will be the best.

Posted by Speedfreak

You realise of course the Dragon Quest game is a Dragon Quest Swords game, right? The sequel to an apparantly very good game, but by no means a lengthy RPG like other Dragon Quests.

Posted by MGamer

Wii Dragon Quest and Legend of Zelda:TP are going to be awsome.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fadedblood: Mario 128 was merely a tech demo to show the wii's (or next-gen) console's processing power.

Mario 128 was the codename for a Mario game aswell. In fact I think that tech demo was called '128 Marios' rather than Mario 128.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I want all of those except Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball, and my sister is sure to pick up Super Monkey Ball since she's a big fan of the series, so I'll get to play that, anyway. If there's going to be more launch games than that, I'll be playing catch-up for awhile.