WiFi Problems Yes Yes?

Posted by Apathetic

It says error 52003 and sometimes cannot find an access point when my Nintendo WiFi router is connected and software installed. :(

Posted by Apathetic

Err sorry on the double post. For anyone who wanted to know I just went to Norton Antivirus and disabled "Internet Worm Protection".

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Apathetic: It says error 52003 and sometimes cannot find an access point when my Nintendo WiFi router is connected and software installed. .

Ouch...WiFi problems are a pain. It sounds to me that your coming into a problem with your router.

- First off, if your router has Wireless-G, you have to find the setting to change it to B-Only wireless. G is too much for both the DS and the PSP (though if you have a PSP, it's better if you have a setting for Mixed).

- Make sure your router is Operating as a router, not a gateway.

- Don't change the router name, Destination LAN IP, Subnet Mask, or Default Gateway, and make sure it's running on a LAN and Wireless interface, not WAN.

- Keep your router on Channel 6

- Make sure any and all Firewalls you have up that restrict access to your router are pulled down, or configured to allow your DS to interact with the router.

- I suggest keeping off WEP encryption, as it sometimes may keep the DS from accessing it if it is on, even if you have the DS configured with it.

- Keep your transmission rate to 6M, EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN AUTO/DEFAULT SELECTION!

- Keep your Basic Rate to 1~2M, EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN ALL/AUTO/DEFAULT SELECTION!

- Also, if your having problems connecting to play against people on your friends list, you might need them to change their DMZ Host IP to your routers IP Address

if you still have problems after that let me know.