New Style...?

Posted by Strike

Forgotton Soul, I'm particularly hoping you'll pick this up. I've got a newish style, accented by my own charming personality, aimed toward my desire to be a novelist. It isn't as... intimately descriptive as before. I wish to practice this style in Sim Battle, but I know I've already thrown Nid for a loop with my last post.

I want someone who will battle me with this style, so I can give it a chance to flourish. I think it is more honestly me, and less trying to intimidate with lots of gory violent details.

Anyone want to give it a chance?

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I'd just like to throw this out there, but I hope you realize I encourage you to use whichever style of writing you wish in our current battle. Your last post was indeed a bit unusual, but that doesn't change the tempo much, IMO. I simply haven't been around to it because I am still working on ideas for my reply; I feel it is time we pick up the pace a little bit and I'm trying to decide a suitable way to do so. But I shall surely get to it before the end of the night and before tomorrow, because I will be very busy as it is my birthday. (19th)

I do apologize for such a delay but I feel assured you understand how such things come about.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Im with you Strike. How do you want to do this, whats the details?

Posted by Strike

Heh, Nid - I hope you don't think I was accusing you of delay - I'd be the guilty one there. I was just commmenting on how I was sure my latest post was... something a little different.

Well, Necro - to be honest, I'm tired at the moment, and descent arenas are illuding me - so you've got that choice, and I'll follow up with a halfway descent attack, I assure you. =p

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Ok, well Ill just start out with my own style...and I'll try to pick up some pointers from you so I can get a feel for your style.

Ill just go ahead and edit this post when Ive got an arena ready.

Posted by Strike

bumpe'

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Sorry Strike.....My net went out, and stayed out all weekend, and I'm not too happy about it. It just came back up like 5 minutes ago. Anyways, I still wanna do this, so expect a post from me sometime today.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

His sapphire hair hung to the mid section of his back. His body seemed relaxed as he starred out into the oceans horizon. His samurai gi swayed loosely in the wind, its intricate design glimmering in the setting sunlight, its gold trim looking so kindly upon the neighboring blue cloth. This whole setting seemed to be so relaxed, and the man standing on this barren beach simply absorbed it all in, taking in every detail, noticing every seagull that would pass over head, every white cap that formed out in the sea.

Sucking in a deep breath, the man sat down after removing his sheathed blade from his left hip, indicating that he was right handed, and simply closed his eyes. He let his thoughts run free as he opened his mind on this beautiful day, which would soon turn to night as the sun continued to sink below the edge of the sea. His breathing became one with the ocean as it took on a slow, calm rhythm. A swift breeze rushed over the surface of the beach, the man’s sapphire hair began to dance upon the wind as his eyes shot open. He sensed something, something very familiar. Soon Strike would arrive.

I will sit here and wait for him….we have unsettled business.