Panic at the Disco

Posted by Lord of Spam

I hate the fact that I like the song "I write sins not tragedies" Is the rest of their material similar, or is it one of those deals where they make one radio song and the rest are completely different? I dont really want to invest time on downloading it if its going to be emo BS.

Posted by Xero

I odered it on amazon.com 2 days ago. I'm suppose to get it today along with many other CDs. I liked I write sins not tragedies as well. Its THE song that got me to get the CD. I hope the rest is good tho.

Posted by Altinure

most of their stuff is more electronic, but they're not emo.

Posted by Xero

At least... Overall, how do you rate the CD or songs you downloaded?

I'll rate it tonight when I get the CD.

Posted by Altinure

i don't like them. i think they're a crappy electronic punk group. i'm sick of them though. my friend from college played with them a lot when they first formed, so i've known about them for over a year.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The one song I heard by them was gay on a monumental scale.

Posted by Linkman

My brother likes them, therefore I hear them all the time. I personally do not like them though. I will give them a little bit of credit by saying I have heard worse (i.e. Fall Out Boy, Atrayu).

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The one thing i'll give Panic at the Disco is that they have their own sound at least. Doesn't make them good, but at least they can stand out while sucking.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Grave Wisdom: The one thing i'll give Panic at the Disco is that they have their own sound at least. Doesn't make them good, but at least they can stand out while sucking.

...they sound just like fallout boy.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Hyper: ...they sound just like fallout boy.

I don't think i've ever even heard anything by Fallout Boy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I don't think i've ever even heard anything by Fallout Boy.

The vocals are amazingly similar. I actually can't tell the difference most of the time.

And it's a fact that I don't mind either band, though would never actively listen to any of their music at this point.

Posted by NeXidala

I LUV PANIC! AT THE DISCO!!!!
:-D

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vampiro: The vocals are amazingly similar. I actually can't tell the difference most of the time.

And it's a fact that I don't mind either band, though would never actively listen to any of their music at this point.

Hell, if that's the case...I may have heard Fallout without even realizing it. I wouldn't be surprised really, since I try my hardest not to pay attention to what the radio plays at work.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I opened up their myspace, and I could not go ten seconds without shutting it. Absolutely unlistenable tripe. How the HELL can anyone like them?

Same way people like myself can enjoy genres like black metal.

Posted by WackoHater2

Personally, I think they are really good. I like all of the songs I have heard by them (about 3 or 4) and I plan on downloading a few more of them sometime in the future. They are really good. Only thing I dont like is that their song titles are so long I cant remember all of them. I remember the three I like pretty well.. but other than that I dunno.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Vampiro]Same way people like myself can enjoy genres like black metal.Black metal takes skill (mostly). Singing badly to a drum track takes little to no skill.

Posted by s0ul

Some people don't listen to music with the intent of being impressed. :-\

Posted by Shanaxat

I love Panic! They're songs are weird, but they are still cool, and I love the I write sins not tragdies music video. Anyway they're so not emo, trust me.

Posted by Dexter

I've only listened to "I Write Sins Not Tragedies." Not too bad, but definitely not my style.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I cant not sing along if one of their songs comes on the radio. I dont know why, but I just cant.:(

Quoted post: I cant not sing along if one of their songs comes on the radio. I dont know why, but I just cant.

I caught myself doing that once. I immediately threw on the most kvlt black metal I owned.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, I did the same thing after I got "I Write Sins not Tragedies" stuck in my head. Stupid girls showing me stupid music videos.

It's listenable, but not my style. I don't consider them to have talent.

PANIC? AT THE HOMO LOLZ

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Slade:
PANIC? AT THE HOMO LOLZ

MOAR LYKE GAY PANIC DEFENSE AT THE DISCO...AMIRITE?

Posted by Eggroll

yes i agree, i only like the song I Write Sins Not Tragedies by them and also i only like the song Dance dance by Fallout boys. i also think Taking back Sunday sound very much like both of them

Posted by Ant

It's all the same sh[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]t. But I find that the most crappy emo songs are the best ones to sing to(like "I write sins not Tragedies"! Like that one song by...falloutboy? "LONELY DARK COCK THAT'S TUGGIN AND PULLEN!" Not the real line to the song, but the way he sings it might as well be.

Edit: After further investigation the name of the song is "Suger we're going down"