Rep comments glitch

Posted by Klarth

http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=279871&postcount=16

On some posts (like the one I just linked), it doesn't show the name of the poster, or whether they agreed or disagreed.

Fix?

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...yo, Flame ghost, tell us what it looks like in the User CP area and who gave it to you if it lists a name. I'm guessing it's some one with no rep power.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Jesse Smith: I'm guessing it's some one with no rep power.

Or a banned member?

Posted by sabre

Oh well, the rep comments system is broken, looks like we'll just have to remove the hack!

Quoting Jesse Smith: er...yo, Flame ghost, tell us what it looks like in the User CP area and who gave it to you if it lists a name. I'm guessing it's some one with no rep power.
Er, you know that you can do that yourself? As can any supermod?

It was Killer Jordo, for the record. I just checked.

Problem solved.

I just went on my banned account (vrzone) and repped Jesse. Notice it doesn't say who it's from or if the reputation is positive or negative?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: er...yo, Flame ghost, tell us what it looks like in the User CP area and who gave it to you if it lists a name. I'm guessing it's some one with no rep power.

In the user PC area, the last neutral rep comment I had was from killer jordo.

Quoting Flame ghost: In the user PC area, the last neutral rep comment I had was from killer jordo.

It doesn't mean that one comment was from him. Click the link that is in the User CP and it should take you directly to your post that he commented on.

Posted by Xero

Nono, I got this rep comment last week and my box said the comment was from killer jordo. Anyway, hes probably the only one who knows he cant take or give rep and still uses the system...

Posted by sabre

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: Problem solved.

I just went on my banned account (vrzone) and repped Jesse. Notice it doesn't say who it's from or if the reputation is positive or negative?
So what problem exactly does that solve?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Sabredog: So what problem exactly does that solve?

At least we know what type of status on an account creates the problem...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Sabredog: Er, you know that you can do that yourself? As can any supermod?

egad!!!! I need mental help!!!! I'm guessing it's because he's in the red!!!!

Posted by Proto Man

Wait... now why can't we use this little lesson and just make it so we post regular comments on posts without it having to do with rep?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Protoman: Wait... now why can't we use this little lesson and just make it so we post regular comments on posts without it having to do with rep?

...what?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Protoman: Wait... now why can't we use this little lesson and just make it so we post regular comments on posts without it having to do with rep?

Because that takes l337 haxxing php skillz. You can't just click a button and have a feature magically install itself.

edit: actually, you can, but that's beside the point >:0