New Iron Maiden Album Details - Name, Track List, etc.

Posted by Axis

[B]IRON MAIDEN plan to release their new studio album, entitled "A Matter of Life and Death", in early September.

The band started writing songs at the end of 2005 after a short break from their hugely successful festival appearances in Europe and the USA. After Christmas, the songs were completed and rehearsed when the band then got together with producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley at Sarm West Studios in London to start work on recording the backing tracks.

Kevin Shirley has now co-produced three of the band's studio albums alongside Steve Harris, as well as two of their recent live DVDs and albums. From this the working relationship between Kevin and the band seems to get stronger and stronger. Says Kevin, "The beast is back! I feel from the outset we all clicked on this one. we spent two months in the studio, from go to whoa

Posted by Hyper

*******it, August/September is going to be expensive for me. I'm excited for this. I had no idea they were working on a new one.

Posted by Klarth

LONG SONGS, **** YEEEEEEEAAAAH.

I'll buy this on the day it's out.

Posted by Axis

Now that I'm actually awake to get some thoughts out when I look at the track listing some of them sounds weird. Like "The Reincarnation of Bejamin Breeg," or "The Pilgrim,".

Also, it's a **** shame if those are the complete tour dates. I was going to take a road trip to see them. Oh well, I guess when I'm living in Rome in a couple of years I'll go and see them then. That will be weird when I'm at the concert when they play "The Trooper," and then Bruce yells "The PILGRIM1!!" Heh, that will be kind of funny.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

I'm highly anticipating this album, it should be awesome.

Posted by Megatron

****. I didn't know they were coming out with a new album. I really need to start paying attention to album releases this year.

Posted by Axis

Here's a picture of the new album cover:

[IMG]http://www.ironmaiden.com/media/images/IID00002173.JPG[/IMG]

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Best f*cking cover-art...EVER!!!

Now, hopefully the album won't suck! :(

Posted by Hyper

I love that art. And the single is gonna come out in August sometime.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, it's going to be "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg," which is supposed to be the lead track of the new album. Also, apparently they plan on playing the whole album live on the upcoming tour.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Now, hopefully the album won't suck! :(

What Maiden album has sucked so far? You've got nothing to worry about.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh man, this is going to be badass. You can tell just by the cover. Which, I'm glad, they didn't stick with the DoD style.

But good ***, 2006 is one amazing year for music.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Emperor Vampiro:
But good ***, 2006 is one amazing year for music.

I couldn't agree more. Between the new Sodom, Strapping Young Lad, Venom, Agalloch, etc. To the forthcoming albums by Sigh, Iron Maiden, and others. Maybe the best year for music in at least a decade.

Posted by Hyper

Let's not forget all the live releases this year and the new Megadeth, Evergrey, and Eldritch.

Quoted post: Venom

sooo terrible.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: sooo terrible.

Hey, I thought it was pretty good! Maybe not a classic or anything...but an enjoyable listen at least.

I don't know. I just thought it was really disappointing. I mean, I'm not a huge Venom fan, but I like some of their other releases. It's just this one was stuck between their terrible production sound and an overproduced sound. Which just never turns out well.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I agree that the production seemed pretty forced, but it didn't bother me that much...I dunno. If the songwriting was a little better, and the production wasn't so lame...this album really could've been something special.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Hyper: What Maiden album has sucked so far? You've got nothing to worry about.

The albums with Blaze Bailey weren't nearly as popular as those with Dickinson, which is really quite unfortunate because there were some brilliant songs on those albums. But the point being, debatably they sucked.

Posted by Hyper

I wouldn't say so. But it's subjective.

Quoted post: But the point being, debatably they sucked.

They sucked in terms of what Maiden was capable of it. It just isn't good if it's not Bruce.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The Di'Anno albums were effing classic, it's just the Bailey albums were a major letdown...especially The X-Factor.

k, "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" is floating around the internet right now. Currently downloading it.

Posted by Klarth

Any goooood?

Posted by Hyper

Watched the video for it. Sounded like another Dance of Death or Paschendale. Kinda disappointing to be honest, but I still liked it. I was just hoping for something more unique sounding.

Definitely doesn't sound the like the best track from the album. But it's good, albeit a little too slow and it doesn't even lead anywhere.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: They sucked in terms of what Maiden was capable of it. It just isn't good if it's not Bruce.

Truf.

I mean Blaze Bailey had excellent songs while he was with Maiden, just his vocals... not Maiden at all. I mean, Futureal, Lord of the Flies, Sign of the Cross, the Clansman, all excellent Blaze songs, but guess what, sounds way better with Dickinson :)

Anyways, this album should kick ***. Should kick major ***... please tour to New York, please tour to New York :(

Posted by Axis

I watched the video, and really liked it. Can't wait for the album.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Pit: Truf.

I mean Blaze Bailey had excellent songs while he was with Maiden, just his vocals... not Maiden at all. I mean, Futureal, Lord of the Flies, Sign of the Cross, the Clansman, all excellent Blaze songs, but guess what, sounds way better with Dickinson :)

Anyways, this album should kick ***. Should kick major ***... please tour to New York, please tour to New York :(

Dickinson sucks, lol listen to sharon... does anyone no what happened to there dvd that was suppost to come out some time ago? It didn't come out in my area.

Posted by Megatron

Quoting Porcupine: The albums with Blaze Bailey weren't nearly as popular as those with Dickinson, which is really quite unfortunate because there were some brilliant songs on those albums. But the point being, debatably they sucked.

Indeed. The majority of The X-Factor was quite good. I wish I could say the say about Virtual though.

Posted by Axis

"Different World" and "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" are now available to listen to.

Different Worlds I liked, but it's certainly nothing special.

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns - Don't really know about this song. It has some really awesome parts to it then there's some other parts that are just average. Overall I still liked it, though.

Posted by Porcupine

I don't know if I missed it somewhere in this thread already but is there a link I can listen to these songs at? I've still not heard any of it.

Brighter than: http://www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1344

Different world: http://www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1343

Benjamin Breeg: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dNttRSMqOe0

k, album's on the net. You can find it pretty much anywhere. I'm currently downloading, so hopefully it's good.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I downloaded it too.

So far I'm really liking it. The songs that I like so far on it are:

Different World, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Longest Day, Out of the Shadows, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg.

Ones that are kind of "meh": These Colours Don't Run and The Pilgrim.

Have yet to listen to the rest of the album.

What? I thought the Pilgrim was great. One of my favourite songs off the album.

Posted by Axis

Very first time I listened to it there were some songs on it that I didn't really get used to, including The Pilgrim. Now that I've listened to the album about 3 times I do like it alot. I seem to like all the songs on this album, only other Maiden album where I liked every single song was Powerslave.

Posted by nm/de

I'm mostly disappointed by the album. The intros to the songs are all VERY SIMILAR sounding. Plus Bruce's vocals at the start of Brighter than the Sun make me cringe. He's really seen better days as a vocalist.

Also I was kinda sad there was no "Wicker Man"esque rocking out type song. Ah well.

Reincarnation/The Pilgrim/Lord of Light ****ing rock, though

Quoted post: Also I was kinda sad there was no "Wicker Man"esque rocking out type song. Ah well.

I'm kind of glad. Otherwise I'm sure there would have been another Wildest Dreams type song.