Wii Preorders

Posted by ccrocker58

[URL="http://http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10054&langId=-1&productId=87085"]The Canadian website for Toys-R-Us[/URL] is accepting preorders for the Wii as we speak, my only question is if I buy my Wii from CA will it work here in the US? As far as I know they use the same versions of systems as we do, but I just wanted to be sure...

Posted by mis0

Looking at their site would inform you that they won't ship outside Canada. So, unless you want to drive up there, probably not such a great plan.

And, interestingly, look at the PS3 preorder-thing. I didn't think they were going with the boomarang, so I'll assume Toys'r'us sucks.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

As far as I know many game stores are already taking pre-orders for the Wii. The local GameCrazy by me has been taking pre-orders for a couple months now.

Posted by Axis

I don't think I'll have to pre-order. Their going to have plenty of units out at launch. I'll just go wait at Wal-Mart the night before.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Misoxeny: Looking at their site would inform you that they won't ship outside Canada. So, unless you want to drive up there, probably not such a great plan.

And, interestingly, look at the PS3 preorder-thing. I didn't think they were going with the boomarang, so I'll assume Toys'r'us sucks.

Well...it said they aren't currently, so I figured they might eventually ship out here, but either way, Axis might have a point...but I think I'm gonna just wait to find a pre-order locally...I don't know of any in NJ that have shown up yet. I know Gamestop and EB aren't taking any yet, NJ doesn't have gamecrazy, and I really don't trust movie stores as they screwed me over with my GCN when I preordered through them. I just like the satisfaction of knowing that I have a system guarenteed and waiting for me on launch day.

Posted by Moogs

Uhm dude, preorders have been going on for a while... well at least at my local gaming stores...

Posted by Ant

Hmm, I haven't really put much thought into it. But I should pre-order one sometime soon. Probably at my local game store. And if I can't there I can go the three other games store or a retail if I have to.

It's all good bby.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'll just pay vamp to ship me one.:cool:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I'll just pay vamp to ship me one.

You do know I quit my job at EB like... a month ago right? Though, if it means you'll actually play some Smash with me, then I'll gladly ship you one. If only to see you get overly-competitive and then supa angry :cool: